Sign in to follow this  
rodeoro

Finding a decent Egiziano

rodeoro

Has anybody sourced a good Egiziano,I ask as my usual tame Bangkok supplier dissuaded me citing the quality was low. At first glance I was impressed but closer inspection of the pics showed up inaccuracies like the posistioning of the 15-30 -45 -12 studs and the dial numerals and their colour. Anal retention I know, but when there're such good copies out there I ask myself ' when are they going to do the Egiz' properly?' But maybe they have and I've just not happened across it yet.

Let me know. Rodeoro

greg_r
Has anybody sourced a good Egiziano,I ask as my usual tame Bangkok supplier dissuaded me citing the quality was low. At first glance I was impressed but closer inspection of the pics showed up inaccuracies like the posistioning of the 15-30 -45 -12 studs and the dial numerals and their colour. Anal retention I know, but when there're such good copies out there I ask myself ' when are they going to do the Egiz' properly?' But maybe they have and I've just not happened across it yet.

Let me know. Rodeoro

The only rep of the 60mm Big Egiziano is the cartel version that you've seen. I've had one and whilst it's the right size and pretty good looking it's really not close to the gen at all - it's also WAY too heavy to be easily wearable - it's SS instead of titanium and it feels like you've got a brick strapped to your wrist.

The quality option is DSN's. The caveat, though, is that it's undersized at 52mm. It's in a league of its own, however - a fine watch in its own right. He also does a 'vintage dial' version which is very appealing. If you can live with the smaller size (and it's still a helluva big watch), it's the one to have.

Here's a link to some photos on his photobucket page: http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/wat...g%20Engizianos/

You'll find DSN's contact info on our Trusted list here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=60

Other than those two, the only other version is a fantasy 47mm lookalike that you'll find at timesshop - I have one and I love it, but it's not really the same thing at all...

rodeoro

Cheers Greg,commissioned a DSN to be ' vintagized '.Will post pics when it arrives.

greg_r

Cool - I'll be looking forward to the pics but I'm a tad worried that it will hasten yet another purchase... :)

:)