scavenger

Review & Comparison - A Tale of Two Planets: The Omega CrPO 42mm

Never

Thank you for the great side by side write up.

gav_tt225

fantastic write up and definitely made up my mind to pull the trigger on the noob version. is anyone aware whether this is available in 45mm version. i normally deal with trust but cant find this noob version available?

scavenger

Yes, the 45mm Noob version is available. Toro is one of the TDs that can source this for you.

gav_tt225

Yes, the 45mm Noob version is available. Toro is one of the TDs that can source this for you.

Perfect!! i'll get onto to Toro now. i'll be sure to post some pics once i have it :-)

scavenger
Perfect!! i'll get onto to Toro now. i'll be sure to post some pics once i have it :-)

Dude, it's CNY at the moment. You're not likely to receive a response for the next week or so. Best to try in mid to late Feb.

rusky27

I love these kind of reviews, Thanks for the work and effort you put in.

this review will greatly help anyone interested in this type of PO.

After reading up on your observations, The noob build with a more matt bezel would be my ideal for this.

I think I read somewhere a guy matt laquered his pumpkin insert to good effect, not a noob one, but possibly an option if the shiney bezel is a bug bare.

hew1

Nice review.

If anyone is interested, links and link screws between the two straps are compatible. However, the BP pins are much thicker, and better quality.

maplebank

Excellent review.

Should help anyone still undecided which to go (I went Noob :B): )

Technojunkie

Received my Noob 42mm today and it's definitely the best rep I've bought to date.

Black Diamond

Amazing stuff. For me it's the Noob, thanks for a great review :)

Hyjynx

Applause! Applause!!

jpohl402

*Fabolous* review! Rep points for you

George.

I keep coming back to this endlessly useful review - thank you

Bigcountrykris

Fantastic review & great info, both great watches.

powderfreak

Thanks for the review, nicely done!

scavenger

Cheers everyone!

jm22

Awesome review, but now I don't know which one I want more. Decisions, decisions

marressey

Awesome review. Thanks very much! Made me finally decide to go for the Noobfactory one. Oh, if they could only fit in the BP dial *sigh*

Wester_Special

Does the Noob crpo only comes with the asian ETA movement or is the swiss ETA optional?

McDuck

Awesome review! Looks like I know what i'll be picking up for my birthday soon :D

Chris_xitsas

Fantastic review, thanks for all your effort scavenger.

I had my heart set on the NOOB version and started emailing the TDs to source this for me - then I got a very interesting reply from Joshua at Perfect Clones, as follows:

" Noob copies the ceramic PO range from the BP maker in which thousands has been sold worldwide. How can a rep of a rep be of any good ? Go for the BP maker ranges.. It is the best made.. "

I wonder what people make of this comment? Is Joshua just trying to push the product he has in stock or can source easier? Or does he know something we don't? I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think...

Finally, does anyone know whether NOOB make a GMT PO or are those only from the BP factory? How do they compare to the CrPos?

Technojunkie

I had my heart set on the NOOB version and started emailing the TDs to source this for me - then I got a very interesting reply from Joshua at Perfect Clones, as follows:

" Noob copies the ceramic PO range from the BP maker in which thousands has been sold worldwide. How can a rep of a rep be of any good ? Go for the BP maker ranges.. It is the best made.. "

I wonder what people make of this comment? Is Joshua just trying to push the product he has in stock or can source easier? Or does he know something we don't? I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think...

I'd view that comment from Josh as a load of old "tosh". As far as I'm aware, Omega make the CrPO, not BP. Nuff said !

I've also read somewhere, either on RWG or another forum, that PC (Josh) doesn't have the best of relationships with Noob.

Robin195959

Nice writeup but I'm little bit disappointed with your final words as you didn't mention which one is better, on the basis of over all feel.

I'm afraid you'll have to make up your own mind on that one :)

Personally, I like the Noob better for the colour of its bezel and it's lower profile on the wrist. The BP has since gone (and been snapped up) on M2M.

Hi, does anyone know which crystal position (flush or slightly raised) is nearer to gen?

Wester_Special

Fantastic review, thanks for all your effort scavenger.

" Noob copies the ceramic PO range from the BP maker in which thousands has been sold worldwide. How can a rep of a rep be of any good ? Go for the BP maker ranges.. It is the best made.. "

Finally, does anyone know whether NOOB make a GMT PO or are those only from the BP factory? How do they compare to the CrPos?

Andrew and Josh has the best contacts with BP maker. ;)

But i heard from other TD's also that BP maker uses the gen to make a rep and Noob copies the BP rep. But i don't know if it is true.

Ask Angus from Puretime and he will say Noob makes the best.

If it's true it doesn't really matter since Noob makes very high quality super reps. Just pick the one you like the most.

And Noob doesn't make the GMT. Only BP does.

Edited by Wester_Special

thorny007

Great write up! Are the dials the right shade of black. My older PO dial is too greyish I think.