greg_r

Movements found in replicas - a quick FAQ

hdman820

Great info for the newbie. Nice job and very informative

dm_jag

I'm new and that was a very easy to understand and comprehensive summary of movements. Thanks so much for the great info. Now, I just need to find a rep Milgauss with a Swiss Valjoux 7750 movement, any suggestions on where to start? Probably going to be a tough one, but I want a very high end rep. I know this probably is bogus but I found similar to what I'm looking for on solidswiss.cd, which isn't on the trusted list, for 1,350...

black263

I'm new and that was a very easy to understand and comprehensive summary of movements. Thanks so much for the great info. Now, I just need to find a rep Milgauss with a Swiss Valjoux 7750 movement, any suggestions on where to start? Probably going to be a tough one, but I want a very high end rep. I know this probably is bogus but I found similar to what I'm looking for on solidswiss.cd, which isn't on the trusted list, for 1,350...

Have a look at http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=39&st=0 particularly lies 1 and 3. Most members would advise against buying a rep with "Swiss" movement, as you are quite likely to get an asian clone and pay extra for nothing. The 7750 you have looked at on Solidscam.cd is listed as a chronograph movement, and I am unaware of any Milgauss Chronograph. ( I am not an expert and am willing to be shot down) Bit more research is needed I feel. PS. Price is ridiculously high for almost any rep.

greg_r

Eh? You don't need a 7750 for a Milgauss - it's not a chrono. 2824/2836 or Sellita SW200 is more like it.

If solidswiss are listing a Milgauss with a 7750, Swiss or Asian, they are trying to scam you.

cpalada

Very helpful. Thanks!

black263

Fuck me. I was right about the 7750. Goes and lies down in a dark place to recover from the surprise. Clearly some of the teaching on this forum is rubbing off. (NO. Don't even start to go there!! )

greg_r

Fuck me. I was right about the 7750. Goes and lies down in a dark place to recover from the surprise. Clearly some of the teaching on this forum is rubbing off. (NO. Don't even start to go there!! )

:rofl:

persianpirate

EDIT: nvm :)

Edited by persianpirate

tony1

Hi. Great site. Can I pls ask basic help as a newbie, I've searched answers unsuccessfully. I’ve got a 10+ yr old replica Tag Kirum. Automatic movement,no name visible. Movement needs replacing plus a new stem and crown which is lost. Current movement is 26mm width by approx 5mm height. Any pointers please how to identify the appropriate replacement, probably to buy from Cousins in the UK? I’ve heard of the DG2813 which appears similar size but I don't know if the dial will fit in place and I don't want to attempt dial spots or glue. And obviously I'll need to get the hands of the right size. Many thanks.

black263

Hi. Great site. Can I pls ask basic help as a newbie, I've searched answers unsuccessfully. I’ve got a 10+ yr old replica Tag Kirum. Automatic movement,no name visible. Movement needs replacing plus a new stem and crown which is lost. Current movement is 26mm width by approx 5mm height. Any pointers please how to identify the appropriate replacement, probably to buy from Cousins in the UK? I’ve heard of the DG2813 which appears similar size but I don't know if the dial will fit in place and I don't want to attempt dial spots or glue. And obviously I'll need to get the hands of the right size. Many thanks.

Hi,

Spot of advice. Before you jump in with questions, protocol is that you post an introduction to yourself in http://www.rwg.bz/bo...php?showforum=6. Would be a good idea to pop over and do so. Then rather than post this question here, I suggest you start a new topic in the watch repair and upgrade section at http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=11. You are more likely to get a response than here, which is a thread designed to let members know about the different movements rather than how to repair specifics.

Welcome to the board.

tony1

Will do, thanks. Just noted that in the welcome email.

nitros83

Thabjs , very informative tread especially for a new be like me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RobertG129

Thanks!!! This is great info. :0)

Nemals

Thank you for the info very Useful! Also this site is Amazing! Have intro a few People already.

kamikaze06

Being a newbie, I was a bit worried about the movement in the watch that I ordered a [2836/3135] but having read this fine resume, feel a little more confident.

Should have taken the hint from someone else who stated, read read read and read again, then order. I had missed this list of movements. Did not read enought,

as buying can be a minefield. But then again, being a replica I do not expect the world. But a little bit more homework could help avoid some of the pitfalls, but

then again, it appears that it is always going to be a bit of a gamble. However, I would like to thank all the people on these forums who endeavour to help people like

me to at least try and get the 'best for my buck' - cheers :giggle: :giggle:

Aren

It's been a few years and I still refer to this...thanks Boss.

:)

12drum4

As a newbie to the forum the information is great. Thanks!!

stevenreid

Thanks a lot for this, as a newbie, invaluable!!

profsteve

If the ETA shield /logo is on the movement under the regulator 2836-2, does that make it an ETA or are the Asian clones also stamping the ETA logo on the clones?

flyr

If the ETA shield /logo is on the movement under the regulator 2836-2, does that make it an ETA or are the Asian clones also stamping the ETA logo on the clones?

The clones have the stamp, all stampings on the gen usually are clearer/deeper but it is getting harder to tell all the time. :sad:

mascot

Are there st19's with auto rotor, or are they only hand wind?

Kmazn19

learned something today; not really, i learned alot!

greg_r

Are there st19's with auto rotor, or are they only hand wind?

Handwind only, although Sea-Gull do make several auto-wind chronos. Not seen any of 'em in reps, though...

Zwal

Guys thanks a lot !! This is great help in my search for my first rep watch :)

Jumpman23005

This post has helped a lot, thank you!