greg_r

Movements found in replicas - a quick FAQ

Chiefkeef

Excellent post for a new comer like myself

Very informative !

Genius

The post had been really informative to me and actually caused me to do even more research into the movements.... but there's one thing I still can't get my head round.. Why do so many people (almost everyone) say the clone eta is so much better them the high beat 2813? If they run at the same speed and after a lot of research on the forums of people saying they can't at all or barely notice the difference in sweep between the 2 is it really worth the extra? I have seen a few people saying they had problems with the new movt (but think that was a while ago when they were first released) and there's also some people who had issues with the eta clones.. Sorry of it's a dumb question but I'm looking to place an order soon and want to be sure its worth the extra to go for an eta clone or weather to just go with the cheaper 2813 highbeat

I think all my current auto reps are 21j and the jerkiness is hardly noticeable unless you look very closely

Edited by 85genius

Nikola Tesla

Greg, do you know if the quality of any of these movements has changed significantly since your initial assessment in 2010? Any improved at all with regard to reliability/robustness? Any fallen off?

Thanks,

T-

greg_r

Greg, do you know if the quality of any of these movements has changed significantly since your initial assessment in 2010? Any improved at all with regard to reliability/robustness? Any fallen off?

Thanks,

T-

The original post has been updated periodically with new info so should be pretty current...

D_Chico

Thank you Greg! This was a big help! Learn something new everyday! I enjoyed the suggestions about the Rolex 3135 clone mvt! I've been wondering about it as I keep seeing it and wondering "should I buy it?"

greg_r

Thank you Greg! This was a big help! Learn something new everyday! I enjoyed the suggestions about the Rolex 3135 clone mvt! I've been wondering about it as I keep seeing it and wondering "should I buy it?"

They're better than they were, but I still dont really see the point of paying extra for what is, basically, just another asian clone movement that you're never gonna see ;)

geforce

yes very helpful for us Newbie's

Freemon

Hi - nice guide to Movements. I see a lot of P9000 movements (for Panerai) being promoted by the dealers - where do they fit in with regard to quality and reliability etc?

thnx

spursian

Thanks Greg. You mentioned about the Miyota 9015. How about the Miyota 8215 that's seen in the Mark XVII by KW?

SSTEEL

Hi - nice guide to Movements. I see a lot of P9000 movements (for Panerai) being promoted by the dealers - where do they fit in with regard to quality and reliability etc?

thnx

These are an A7750 movement with a faux P9000 tin plate screws onto the rear with two screws, and lots of faux screws as decoration.

JSJ

The 8215 is a low beat non-hacking movement.

Philipp.Plein

What is The difference beteren a ETA 2836-2 and a swiss sellita sw220? It has to fit in a rol subm with date. I hope to hear from you guys.

Between* auto correction

speirsro

Thanks for this, Greg.

I've read it 100 times, but still need to refer back every now and again.

Cheers. :)

SSTEEL

Never believe what anyone tells you when buying a rep, insist on photos of the movement along side their username, date etc.

Today I was sent a BK sub for some work, including a genuine crystal fit. I knew something was off the moment I unpackaged it. Poor guy paid €600 euros for this, and the crystal he sent me to fit is not genuine either.

14812385110_6ed999a692.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

14999438745_ec342b3a02.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Now I'm either going mad, but I not sure, but recall that either BK, or TC did an experiment fitting a 2761 movement to a submariner, anyone know if this could be one of those? Doubt it though.

paulvillo

Perfect. Thanks for the info.

Castiel

Amazing Information, quite a lot of new for me :)

tonyc

Just brilliant - now this is all starting to make sense - I think :sad:

More I read about Reps the more questions arise but this has certainly answered the core of them - not so much in the dark now :blind:

Thanks Greg

kleban

oh that's reallly useful. had no idea what all those numbers meant until now. thanks

DJLB2115

It's a lot of info, isn't it?

pamegalex

Great post! Thanks for sharing the info, starting to form a basic understanding of movements and what to look for now.

afunkymonk

Another thankyou from a nooby. Much appreciated info.

Jeff Laurence

ST19 is very nice , alright, but my click spring broke in less than a year, and I 'm not the only one. Any one know a repair place in Toronto? Costs way too much to ship back to China.

Thanks,

Jeff

billanddog

This info is brilliant. Great help. Thanks!