Sign in to follow this  
gathersw

7750 rotor spins freely both direction

gathersw

Hi!

Received my watch on thursday and everything was fine by then. On sunday I noticed that the rotor spins freely in both direction and I can't hear it "charge" like before. Handwinding works fine. Now I'm thinking about buying a jeweler/watch screwdriver set, maybe it's just the rotor screw that loosened?

plankton

?? Not sure, that screw is pretty short. no harm in checking though. Wear it and do not hand wind it of course to check.

George.

Sounds normal. See if it is actually winding by wearing it and not touching the crown for 48 hours.

gathersw

It doesn't selfwind at all. :(

KO67

This is probably a lubrication fault in the winding system. A service would likely sort this.

George.

Depending on the location of the seconds sub dial, COULD be a simple fix. Maybe KeNny could give it a shot? Get a nice relume at the same time

gathersw

Depending on the location of the seconds sub dial, COULD be a simple fix. Maybe KeNny could give it a shot? Get a nice relume at the same time

secs@9. I took it to a watchsmith. He took it apart. There is a problem with the reversing wheel. Also he found the chrono reset lever is tottaly deformed (which was pushed 2 times) :(. He can tell me if the parts he can source for the ETA is compatible and what's the price on friday.

Should I contact my TD about it? If the ETA parts are incompatible he can send me a new movement? I don't really want to send it back to china...

George.

Don't know if the gen parts are compatible, but he is offering to fit you a gen valjoux 7750? Sounds like it's going to be pricey. Contacting the TD is a good idea however they generally like people to send faulty watches back for repair or replacement. With CNY just around the corner, even getting a replacement movement would take some time.

I'd see what the price of the movement/ spare parts are. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the 7750 can confirm compatibility

Odyseus

You might be better off sourcing a replacement Asian 7750 and doing a movement swap instead ??

HeavyKrush

You figure out where to purchase an Asian 7750 movement PM please cause I can't seem to find one. As your jeweler pointed out it sounds like the reversing wheel is stripped or damaged. The ETA is not interchangeable. Take a peek at this thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/93138-repairing-when-you-manually-wind-and-the-rotor-spins-7750/

Odyseus

TD like WI can get one actually

HeavyKrush

Will give that a shot after CNY.