Sign in to follow this  
BentleySharp

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine. Pics and Review 'Lite'.

BentleySharp

The Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine in SS (I think the gen is titanium) with blue dial and blue rubber strap. 23J Asian movement.

The finish is great. The blue dial has almost a pearlescent quality in certain light. Power reserve indicator works. Seconds subdial at 6 works. The decorated movement visible through the display caseback is probably the bast looking part of this watch, though unfortunately the rotor is a bit noisy, but it looks great. The double deployant clasp holds strong and is released by the push of a button on the side of the clasp.

...I'll let the pictures say the rest...

UNMaxiMarine10_zps24efbfa1.jpg

UNMaxiMarine7_zps7b5a60b6.jpg

UNMaxiMarine5_zps1e8b1034.jpg

UNMaxiMarine8_zps32e4b300.jpg

UNMaxiMarine9_zps3fc732de.jpg

UNMaxiMarine3_zps6ec11e1d.jpg

Sirmycroft

Very nice, Thank you!

N.Rico

very good pictures ,the watch looks awesome .

Daywatch

Interesting classic watch and beautiful pics. Seems a quite well done rep with nice details. Going to buy a 23j with power reserve too, so it´s good to have confirmation this works. Really do like that kind of vintage flair and colours You gave to the picture matching the watch. Thanks for this, good job.

Realism

Nope - gen is SS as well

(not mine, a friend's... so don't ask me for a tagged picture) :boxedin:

IMG_2120_zps07680b27.jpg

friends_zps7516c9d2.jpg

JimmyV

Very nice Bentley :). I have grown very fond of this style UN for a couple months now. Which td and what was the price tag?

myaz

Good one. One of my favorite dials, for any rep. Contrast to many of the Maxi Marines have hands that are short and fat, and it's difficult to tell the time when the light is less than ideal.

Yup, mine has got one of the loudest rotors of any rep I have but I still love it.

BentleySharp

Very nice Bentley :). I have grown very fond of this style UN for a couple months now. Which td and what was the price tag?

I bought this M2M. I have seen it available at different dealers priced from $155 to $180 for the 23J model (there are cheaper 21J's if you really want...)

Just a few days ago I sold this (off forum) and I realized I never posted the pictures. So here they are. I really liked the watch but was at an impass as when to wear it. It's too fancy for jeans and T but the rubber strap makes it too casual for a suit. The only time I could envision wearing it is while wearing a cable knit sweater either at the yacht club or while sailing, and seeing that I'm not a member of the yacht club and I don't own a sailboat, it was going to be a while before I got a chance to wear this watch :P

myaz

I really liked the watch but was at an impass as when to wear it. It's too fancy for jeans and T but the rubber strap makes it too casual for a suit. The only time I could envision wearing it is while wearing a cable knit sweater either at the yacht club or while sailing, and seeing that I'm not a member of the yacht club and I don't own a sailboat, it was going to be a while before I got a chance to wear this watch :P

Now that's a problem people with just one watch never have until they get here and start amassing reps. Them reps sure have a way of complicating our lives :D

BentleySharp

I really liked the watch but was at an impass as when to wear it. It's too fancy for jeans and T but the rubber strap makes it too casual for a suit. The only time I could envision wearing it is while wearing a cable knit sweater either at the yacht club or while sailing, and seeing that I'm not a member of the yacht club and I don't own a sailboat, it was going to be a while before I got a chance to wear this watch :P

Now that's a problem people with just one watch never have until they get here and start amassing reps. Them reps sure have a way of complicating our lives :D

:lol: too true, too true :lol:

andyboy

Great Pics Bentley.

Don`t quite get why it`s on rubber but I am pretty simple.

Still waiting on the AP pics :Whistle:

andrey13

Nope - gen is SS as well

IMG_2120_zps07680b27.jpg

friends_zps7516c9d2.jpg

Where did you buy this?

andrey13

Nope - gen is SS as well

IMG_2120_zps07680b27.jpg

friends_zps7516c9d2.jpg

Is this gen watch or rep?

adammcurrie

05ad65323da44049870c87511ec59e75.jpg

Here is my rep for comparison. I have not seen reps that come with Leather strap but that's not to say they can't add on to rep.

myaz

Is this gen watch or rep?

Gen according to Realism's post #5

andrey13

Nope - gen is SS as well

IMG_2120_zps07680b27.jpg

friends_zps7516c9d2.jpg

is this Gena or rep?

Raul

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and I have the same watch in White and I LOVE IT. Had it for about a year now but unfortunately the stem broke. Believe it or not since watch repair is my hobby I had maybe 100 different stems and not one fit. Now I have to keep it in a watch winder since I can't set the time. I bought 2 at the time and gave one to a friend. I should have kept both....

Nardin_zps1ab7029e.jpg

Edited by Raul

Freeboy

wow, so sorry about the broken stem and no proper replacement! that kinda suprises me as many of these use same parts, maybe find out the factory from a td and order a stem?

goodluck...