Sign in to follow this  
mattpitcher

Wolf of Wall Street

mattpitcher

Has anyone seen The Wolf of Wall Street yet? Absolutely brilliant example of 80's and 90's horological excess! Did anyone else spot any interesting pieces? I could make out a full gold Rolex Daytona (Jonah Hill), full gold Yacht Master on a presidential bracelet (Leo DiCaprio) a hand full of blue dial Subs and an IWC Big Pilot (Ethan Suplee).

rusky27

Clocked them, wonder if they were reps - what a hoot him trying to get to the Lamborghini on ludes

subiim

You sure it was a FG yacht master. Looked like a sub...

Agree it was a great movie. It went about about sixty minutes long though... Three hours was long sitting

H3X4GON

Never seen it. But I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding the production of the movie. One of the producers is the child of the Malaysian current prime ministers wife (who is known for her exhorbitant spending), and people are ultimately guessing that the Malaysian taxpayers money went into the production of the film. More about it here:

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/who-paid-for-the-production-of-the-wolf-of-wall-street

Oh, and the movie's banned in Malaysia as well. Ironic

Realism

^ like Corruption is a new thing in THAT region

subiim

The scene where Donnie first meets Naomi is priceless.

jeffrsho

That was a great film and an excellent view into how money can turn someone corrupt with greed.

Nnilswerdna

The scene where Donnie first meets Naomi is priceless.

:johng: :johng: :johng:

PERFECT

SHES PERFECT ha ha ha

gottahaverolex

Killer movie, killer watches. Thoroughly enjoyed all three hours :D

subiim
That was a great film and an excellent view into how money can turn someone corrupt with greed.

Yeah. Money is bad. Fucking hot chicks is bad. Everything is bad

jeffrsho

Actually, none of that is bad unless you become an egotistical prick. That's when the influence of those things becomes bad.

To be honest, I would have loved to be on that plane to vegas or at a few of those parties...don't tell my wife! ;-)

subiim

Actually, none of that is bad unless you become an egotistical prick. That's when the influence of those things becomes bad.

To be honest, I would have loved to be on that plane to vegas or at a few of those parties...don't tell my wife! ;-)

Yeah. Maybe. But try it. You fuck enough hot chicks. You become egotistical. It happens. Try it. No. Honestly try it and see how you feel...

subiim

Really. Just once. You blokes who haven't will never know.

If you have I guess you know what talkin bout. Yo

jeffrsho

Yeah. Maybe. But try it. You fuck enough hot chicks. You become egotistical. It happens. Try it. No. Honestly try it and see how you feel...

Fucked a lot of hot chicks in my early 20's but apparently not enough. Of course they were hot for my station in life, I'm sure if I had a millions in the bank rather than a few thousand, along with a Ferrari, and an endless supply of coke; I might be singing a different tune!

subiim

Fucked a lot of hot chicks in my early 20's but apparently not enough. Of course they were hot for my station in life, I'm sure if I had a millions in the bank rather than a few thousand, along with a Ferrari, and an endless supply of coke; I might be singing a different tune!

You fucked them in your 20's or they were born in the '20's?

I'm kidding of course...

Wow.. Too many apostrophes for an iphone and half a bottle of bundy

jeffrsho

You fucked them in your 20's or they were born in the '20's?

I'm kidding of course...

Wow.. Too many apostrophes for an iphone and half a bottle of bundy

Lol, shit how did you know I had a thing for old dried up pussy?

ltandy111

I was wondering how long it would be for this to start. Saw it last night, was drooling, girls, cars and watches, doesn't get better!!

FuzzyCoyote

I haven't seen it yet, really want to though, but didn't read any of the posts above apart from the im first one as I am trying to avoid spoilers

Will definitely be on watch lookout in the film now.

And in other films as well lol.

Whenever I think of watches in films, Dan Akroyd in Trading Places always pops in there when he is in the pawn shop trying to sell his watch lol

ellistyle1

The watches in that movie affirmed to me that I prefer stainless steel. Love Scorsese, however tWoWS was only a B- imo. In a vacuum, the boobs and humor make it worth the cost of admission.

Baldrick
Really. Just once. You blokes who haven't will never know.

If you have I guess you know what talkin bout. Yo

Why is it that you just can't take seriously, anybody who uses the word 'Yo' ' :lmao:

Realism

:popcorn:

i got a fewwing' the fish wil't bit'e

mattpitcher

I've just been doing some digging and the watch Leo wears is a Tag Heuer Series 1000 not a Yacht Master like I first thought. Makes sense considering DiCaprio is an ambassador for them. Apparently you can't get the series 1000 anymore as it was discontinued in 1992. Respect to the researchers on the movie for putting one in the film!

Barth
I've just been doing some digging and the watch Leo wears is a Tag Heuer Series 1000 not a Yacht Master like I first thought. Makes sense considering DiCaprio is an ambassador for them. Apparently you can't get the series 1000 anymore as it was discontinued in 1992. Respect to the researchers on the movie for putting one in the film!

Like this one: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121176797345 ?

Pretty cheap !

Rolexwatchman

Never seen it. But I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding the production of the movie. One of the producers is the child of the Malaysian current prime ministers wife (who is known for her exhorbitant spending), and people are ultimately guessing that the Malaysian taxpayers money went into the production of the film. More about it here:

http://www.themalays...-of-wall-street

Oh, and the movie's banned in Malaysia as well. Ironic

it was banned in many country... even Sweden.

parisianshut

this movie is just crazy... BTW i still have some LUDES home... and this is the shit.