_DC_

THE DC REVIEW: Patek Philippe 5980 Nautilus Chronograph

Godfathar

Never mind found your photobucket :thumbsup:

_DC_

Yes it is that one from Perfect Clones, the brown dial is a little too brown compared to gen (gen is a more grey brown than warm brown) but I preferred it to the black dial version that PC offers which is not brown at all!!

The strap I have is from Donerix, but I recommend speaking to Phantomtech for details of how to contact a guy called Jacob, he has one of these with a Jacob strap on and it is amazing quality!!!

DC

oyster
My favourite is the blue dial, I sold the black dial fairly soon after this photo was taken! DC
Good thinking! I do like the blue better! Does it feel better on the wrist compared to the 5711? or just heavier?
I won't lie, the 5711 is much more comfortable as it is slimmer and sits close to the wrist, I think because the chrono has a thicker case back it sits proud of the wrist a little and so not as secure on the wrist. On a larger wrist it is probably fine but on my smaller wrists it can be a little uncomfortable at times. I still love it though! DC

Thank´s for sharing. I really like the 5980. Where can I get one?

_DC_
My favourite is the blue dial, I sold the black dial fairly soon after this photo was taken! DC
Good thinking! I do like the blue better! Does it feel better on the wrist compared to the 5711? or just heavier?
I won't lie, the 5711 is much more comfortable as it is slimmer and sits close to the wrist, I think because the chrono has a thicker case back it sits proud of the wrist a little and so not as secure on the wrist. On a larger wrist it is probably fine but on my smaller wrists it can be a little uncomfortable at times. I still love it though! DC

Thank´s for sharing. I really like the 5980. Where can I get one?

Check the trusted dealer section of the forum, they can all get them!!

DC

Leafblow

Great review!

I read it more than a couple of times before pulling the trigger on my 5980/1a with a blue dial.

I do like it more than my 116610LN/LV subs, but the colour of the dial, and the lug connected to the case do bother me.

Here I tried to illustrate how the colour looks in normal light It goes from a bland blue in the middle, to almost a black near the bezel.

In contrast to the GEN, the dial is unfortuantely not a sunburst one.

Photo%2023-09-16%2011%2000%2017_zpsr7hh7zbx.jpg

Furthermore the "first" endlink also bothers me. Instead of being "rounded" into the case like the GEN, it is almost square and sits too high.

Photo%2023-09-16%2010%2059%2055_zpspimeaj0y.jpg

All in all Im relatively satisfied. I like my 5711 REP better, but the 5980 got more "kick" to it.

Photo%2023-09-16%2011%2013%2044_zpsogkxxxgv.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Leafblow

Tony-hk

Hi DC and other experts, I just asked my TD. He said only BP makes the 5980. Is the breathtaking 5980 shown here made by 5980?

Btw, he also mentioned the sundial second hand is non-function. Same as yours?

bloon

Hope its OK to resurrect a necro thread but with the modifications, is the movement a time bomb like the daytona?

vince_hiro

Oh mine. thr 5980 are so nice but I cannot make up my mind between a SS blue dial or the RG black. While hoping the BP makes the 5980 40th Anniversary model.   T.T

Oranro

amazing review, i must to buy one ! 

Oranro

Hi there and welcome for the forum!

Andrew is a dealer called "Trusty Time" on the forum. I purchased mine from a guy called Josh at their sister company "Perfect Clones"!

Here's a link to this watch on their page...

http://www.pf-818.com/pp00093l-5980-nautilis-chrono-rgle-brown-a7750-p-16010.html

You can order straight from their website!!

DC

Hi there,
Great review!
The link doesn’t work ! You can please put new one!
You inspired me to buy one.
Tnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk