Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

Steinhart NavB 47mm on a Steinhart mesh

Khronos

Just received it yesterday, had to put it on the minute I got home :) . It's very well made and thick, with a diver extension and to my surprise it doesn't pull out my wrist hairs :) I think I should have gone with one size smaller, because it's a bit loose, but I don't think they'll swap it because I've already peeled the plastic protection off...On to the pics, more will follow soon.

IMG_0805_zps6a685420.jpg

IMG_0800_zps7bb656fb.jpg

James.

Nice, but IMO pilots need to be on leather ;)

BadPickle

Loose the mesh, needs vintage leather.

Great lookin watch tho dude!! :thumbsup:

Kleen™

Loose the mesh: it does not do the watch any favours...

Kleen™

@pbr: Seconds before my posting.... on the same page we are.....:-)

BadPickle
@pbr: Seconds before my posting.... on the same page we are.....:-)

Brothers from another mother Kleen! :lol:

midasmook

Get it back on leather asap

Khronos

Well now, I have this one

DSC_0006-1_zpsf8d48dd5.jpg

and this one

DSC_0081-1_zpsfbbbc1d3.jpg

and this one

DSC_0045_zps95f75c36.jpg

and of course I've grown enough back in all these years to not give a damn about some "standards" and general opinions and rock this steel with style

IMG_0817_zps5efc8cf5.jpg

Jetpac

Brown leather is where its at for the NavB!

James.

I don't understand, If you didn't want people's opinions, why post the thread? No need to be defensive. My personal choice is the brown rivet pilot. THAT is class. ;)

Khronos

Opinions are always welcome, but I don't post a thread to get a permission to wear something or to decide on something based upon people's opinions. I just wanted to share my new acquisition and maybe paint a better picture for somebody who can't decide if they should buy the strap or not. If I'm looking for some particular strap or a new watch, I try to find as many pics as I can to help me decide. That is why I posted these pics, nothing else. Comments are welcome, but I will not "loose" the strap because somebody thinks it doesn't fit this type of watch, that's it. I love it, it's something else. And you're right about the brown rivet strap, it's sweet :)

seclark007

Bravo! :clap:

James.

Opinions are always welcome, but I don't post a thread to get a permission to wear something or to decide on something based upon people's opinions. I just wanted to share my new acquisition and maybe paint a better picture for somebody who can't decide if they should buy the strap or not. If I'm looking for some particular strap or a new watch, I try to find as many pics as I can to help me decide. That is why I posted these pics, nothing else. Comments are welcome, but I will not "loose" the strap because somebody thinks it doesn't fit this type of watch, that's it. I love it, it's something else. And you're right about the brown rivet strap, it's sweet :)

Mesh can be a pretty contentious issue 'round these parts :lol:

chekkarn

The 44mm version will be my next purchase! Love pilot watches :)

Khronos

I used to have an obsession with larger watches, that's why I went for the 47 mm. But now I'd rather go for a 44, because this one covers the entire upper side of my wrist and I don't even get to see the strap :)

@chekkarn: Go for it! I don't think there's a brand with a better price/quality ratio out there.

Henry J. Miller

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: ...Completely agree. Looks good on the mesh. Looks good on the non-river leather. Looks good one whatever you choose to wear it on.

Enjoy.

Edited by Henry J. Miller

charlesanderika

Looks stunning mate - I like mesh and I reckon it looks good on both the leather and the mesh - always nice to be able to switch between for a different look :)

mrtsumoto80

How are you enjoying your steinhart? is your first one?

I´m thinking about the Nav Uhr 47mm in bronze... looks ridiculously good!

Khronos

This is my second one and I've had it for two years now. I have worn it outside the house for maybe 4 or 5 times, I'd like to keep it scratch free and I'm doing well so far :) . It's unbelievable what you get for this price, it's on par with much more expensive watches. The bronze version is outstanding too, I love the color and the patina it gets in time. I have to warn you that 47mm version looks very big on the wrist ( maybe because of the very thin bezel ), I have a 18,5 cm wrist ( quite flat ) and I think 44mm would be just right.

My first Steinhart was a Triton 30ATM, I loved it on photos, but was totally disappointed when I received it and ended up selling it after a week. It was perfect as far as build quality goes, but it looked so damn dull with it's grey dial...bah.. :)

@charlesanderika: Thanks mate, my thoughts exactly :) I've worn it to work yesterday and it got quite a few compliments, nobody has noticed the watch the last two times I had it on.

Edited by thrn

mrtsumoto80

This is my second one and I've had it for two years now. I have worn it outside the house for maybe 4 or 5 times, I'd like to keep it scratch free and I'm doing well so far :) . It's unbelievable what you get for this price, it's on par with much more expensive watches. The bronze version is outstanding too, I love the color and the patina it gets in time. I have to warn you that 47mm version looks very big on the wrist ( maybe because of the very thin bezel ), I have a 18,5 cm wrist ( quite flat ) and I think 44mm would be just right.

My first Steinhart was a Triton 30ATM, I loved it on photos, but was totally disappointed when I received it and ended up selling it after a week. It was perfect as far as build quality goes, but it looked so damn dull with it's grey dial...bah.. :)

@charlesanderika: Thanks mate, my thoughts exactly :) I've worn it to work yesterday and it got quite a few compliments, nobody has noticed the watch the last two times I had it on.

Thank you for the tip, you are right, I do not have big wrists either so probably 44mm would be perfect.

What I hate about Steinhart is that they are sold out all the time and when I write to them in the contact form no replies...

They need some lessons in costumer service that´s for sure.

Khronos

You're so right about their customer service, it sucks ass...Once you get in touch with them, it's all good, but sometimes they act like fucktards. You don't want to see our corespondence when I tried to figure out what size mesh I should buy..A wise woman replied that it's no problem, I can always remove some links :) Of course I've ordered the wrong size in the end and the return procedure was also living hell. All in all it took them almost 45 days to sort everything.

Their stock is also a big problem, I thing they can't cope with the demand and the fact that ETA doesn't sell kit movements anymore.

I've posted some questions about their customer service over at Watchuseek and you should see the response I got from their number 1 fanboy over there :) It's like a taboo over there to post any criticism..

mrtsumoto80

I could not agree more with you it's just plain silly not to be able to cope with the demand they have after all this years.

Like a maketing strategy the whole "sold out" thing was cool for a bit but now it gets annoying.

Some companies cant deal with success rather they improve or will end up absorbed by a big fish.

Khronos

It was too good to be true for a while..and you're right, sadly they're victims of their own success. I've waited for more than a year for this mesh strap and they said it would only be a month. One of their excuses is also language barrier, but I think a quick course in English would be their best investment ever.

NFleischer

The 44mm version will be my next purchase! Love pilot watches :)

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing.

mrtsumoto80

It was too good to be true for a while..and you're right, sadly they're victims of their own success. I've waited for more than a year for this mesh strap and they said it would only be a month. One of their excuses is also language barrier, but I think a quick course in English would be their best investment ever.

Language barrier? you gotta be kidding me man, that is the worst excuse ever, specially in Switzerland where they have FOUR official languages (German, French, Italian, Romansh). I guess we could help them out with their operations, communications and marketing problems in exchange of free watches for life lol

Edited by mrtsumoto80