Sign in to follow this  
McDuck

Any experiences with ROO Diver 2836-2?

McDuck

Recently I have been getting more interested into purchasing my first rep and have finally set my eyes on the gorgeous offshore diver.

After searching around for a few weeks I have set my eyes on one from trusty time found here.

From what I have researched the A2836-2 is a decent movement but what I haven't found is any information on the case.

I have searched around on multiple forums about this specific model but I haven't been successful with finding out more information on it.

I'm probably just nervous as I have yet to purchase a rep before but any information or opinions for this watch would be greatly appreciated. :)

A Horse

I believe that rep uses the same case, dial, inner bezel, strap and endlinks than the 21j version. I have a white dial 21j, the screws on the endlinks are inoperable, otherwise it's pretty good value for the money. Pretty much everything is of higher quality on the more expensive models, of course. The gen is 21,800 bph so the 21j version is actually more accurate to gen, I wouldn't bother with the A2836 even though it's a more reliable movement.

McDuck

I believe that rep uses the same case, dial, inner bezel, strap and endlinks than the 21j version. I have a white dial 21j, the screws on the endlinks are inoperable, otherwise it's pretty good value for the money. Pretty much everything is of higher quality on the more expensive models, of course. The gen is 21,800 bph so the 21j version is actually more accurate to gen, I wouldn't bother with the A2836 even though it's a more reliable movement.

Mind elaborating a bit more on the screws on the endlinks? I am looking at the diver which comes with the rubber strap so I am not too sure what you mean. Also how is the build quality on your watch (assuming its the same case), is it of high standard? Any info is helpful :)

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I've got a box full of AP ROO reps.... inc both FC divers.....TT H fac and V3...

All I can tell you is the FC is the one getting the most wrist time by far....

The strap is the best close to Gen strap out there by a mile...

The FC case is close to Gen in feel weight and appearance..no more wood grain of old

So light and comfortable to wear...

will be get AR both soon though... the dial will benefit

Sorry, can't help on the technical side.....

The fact it is mentioned by some in the same breath as rep of the year should speak volumes, not read anyone slate it or even unhappy with it anywhere..

One small downside but true ish to the gen as well... the hour hand can be hard to read

It may lose pole position on my wrist after CNY when the new FC 44 arrives though.

zero_deficit

Okay, you're looking at a very outdated model there, either way a v1 or v2.

If you're after a SS AP Diver. Search the forums for the v4.1 and v5. Probably one of the most discussed reps on the rep fora

Have fun and keep reading

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I should of clicked your link.......sorry thought I saw fc somewhere in it

Spend the extra... go V5... best version.. not sure if V4.1 is available anymore either

As Zero says.... check with Andrew..... a lot of stuff on the website is no longer available....

Check with Toro or Ryan at intime not td here who has a great diver selection

McDuck
Okay, you're looking at a very outdated model there, either way a v1 or v2.

If you're after a SS AP Diver. Search the forums for the v4.1 and v5. Probably one of the most discussed reps on the rep fora

Have fun and keep reading

I wouldn't mind the higher end ones but its not in my price range at the moment. I will be using the watch as a daily beater for college so I doubt I or anyone will care about the minor imperfections like the date wheel. All I need is a reliable movement on a great watch at a decent price :)