Sign in to follow this  
Sunny Puddi

My new gen: Hamilton Belowzero 1000m auto review and pics

Sunny Puddi

Hamilton Belowzero 1000m Auto

8z8o.jpg

So I decided to treat myself to my first genuine Swiss made watch this Christmas and saw this beast on the Ernest Jones website for £595, reduced from £1,195. I ordered it on a whim and here is my quick 5 minute review!

Specifications:

• Automatic 2826-2 ETA movement
  • 5.6mm thick convex Sapphire crystal
  • Water resistance to 1000m
  • Helium escape valve
  • 46mm size
  • 24mm lug width
  • Stainless Steel PVD

First impression:

Big, heavy and rugged! Its the same size as a Bell & Ross 01-92 but seems to wear a little smaller.

kysw.jpg

Dial:

The dial is matte black with a date window at 3. I really like the placing of a 0 instead of 12 on the dial, makes it that bit more interesting. The date window is very large, maybe a bit too large for the dial.

q3bw.jpg

Crystal:

The crystal is 5.6mm thick and has pretty poor AR compared to some of the replicas I have.

j7gj.jpg

Case:

The bezel is lumed between 0 and 15 and uni-directional which clicks around nicely. The case back has a diving helmet motif and six screws holding it down. The rubber strap is nothing special, but I have already ordered a 2010 Serie Amaretto Gunnystrap for it.

qb09.jpg

08t3.jpg

Overall:

Its a lot of watch for the price I bought it for and has great presence on the wrist. It has made me think how good some of the replicas I have are though, especially in regards to the AR and lume. But its a great addition to my watchbox!

Edited by Sunny Puddi

Pharmo

Great pick up mate. Looks good on the wrist.

A brand I have yet to own - you managed to get it at a good price as well.

Congrats :)

James.

Look, as long as YOU'RE happy :lol:

Piccolo

Great watch, I have the previous version with only the 0,3,6,9 lumed. Been well worn but held up to everything I've put it through. The only issue I had with it on the rubber was that the crown was quite 'aggressive' towards the back of my hand. It has pretty heavy and sharp edges (and I'm a delicate flower!)

Luckily it came with a PVD bracelet as well so not too much grief.

Enjoy - fantastic watch, especially at that money, great deal.

Hazz

I do not swear, but f**k I love that

Wear in good health,

NFleischer

Congrats on the gen! Hammys are rugged and cheap but the AR/crystal is not the best. There are reps

with better crystals, I agree. But, you always get a brand new gen Swiss ETA which in many cases is worth almost as much

as the watch. For example- I paid about $275 for this with HW Unitas 6497.

DSC00315.jpg

Sorry for the older crappy picture. Also got this Hammy Chrono with nice ETA 7750 for $850, OK but not great crystal as well.

DSCN0269_zps90fc7d0b.jpg