Sign in to follow this  
Nikola Tesla

Ripoff Alert

Ar71888

I thought I had seen it all.. That looks worse than the Chinatown quartz specials I've seen for ~$60

fatarms

You should keep it to practice working on the movement, or to become familiar with the inner parts and how they work.

zinnboy

Let's see some pics of this $400 rep. I'm curious to know what they are passing off.

Exactly what I was thinking :ttiwwop:

RUSH2112

Let's see some pics of this $400 rep. I'm curious to know what they are passing off.

Exactly what I was thinking :ttiwwop:

Did you read the thread? Plenty of pics posted.

profsteve

Nearly all of us have done something like that - be truthful. I bought from iparadise on "James'" opinion. I got what I paid for and it was done quickly and I am still getting emails from them to endorse them. They didn't do anything wrong - I did. I didn't do due diligence to know what I should look for. A cheap lesson for me as I still have the Patek - may sell it here one day, but for now it is a good reminder of what I didn't know. This and it's sibling sites are worth their weight in reps which is why I contribute. We need this opens discussion for everyone's good, including the vendors. After going back and forth with the maybe soon to be new trusted dealer FatPanda I finally told him to order a watch for me. I haven't seen the PP bill yet but I am sure I will and I will pay it and I have every expectation that I will receive what I ordered and I will be a happy camper.

RUSH2112
Nearly all of us have done something like that - be truthful. I bought from iparadise on "James'" opinion. I got what I paid for and it was done quickly and I am still getting emails from them to endorse them. They didn't do anything wrong - I did. I didn't do due diligence to know what I should look for. A cheap lesson for me as I still have the Patek - may sell it here one day, but for now it is a good reminder of what I didn't know. This and it's sibling sites are worth their weight in reps which is why I contribute. We need this opens discussion for everyone's good, including the vendors. After going back and forth with the maybe soon to be new trusted dealer FatPanda I finally told him to order a watch for me. I haven't seen the PP bill yet but I am sure I will and I will pay it and I have every expectation that I will receive what I ordered and I will be a happy camper.

I agree to a point but I do think posting pics of gens and shipping crap is them doing something wrong. That's why they're scammers.

TK01

Be Very careful telling your bank that you tried ordering a Replica they are illegal

Nikola Tesla

I thought I had seen it all.. That looks worse than the Chinatown quartz specials I've seen for ~$60

I agree completely. I wouldn't have paid $30 for the thing if I had seen the product beforehand. Not for a 40mm case instead of 43, nasty looking PVD, non-rotating aluminum bezel, broken date adjuster, and junk band. It did have some sort of automatic movement, but it ticked loudly, the second hand jumped in 1-second increments, and the date gradually rolled over to the next day, starting at 23:55, instead of snapping over at midnight.

The vendor's photos looked exactly like the rep I've had for a few years, except mine is the "single red" Pro Hunter. I wanted a "double red" but I got a "no red." :bugeyes:

Still, all's well that ends well. I was lucky enough to get my money back, I've discovered this forum with a listing of reputable dealers, and I have placed a new order with Andrew at Trusty Time. :thumbsup:

I'll post pics of my new rep as soon as I receive it.

T-

Ar71888

I agree completely. I wouldn't have paid $30 for the thing if I had seen the product beforehand. Not for a 40mm case instead of 43, nasty looking PVD, non-rotating aluminum bezel, broken date adjuster, and junk band. It did have some sort of automatic movement, but it ticked loudly, the second hand jumped in 1-second increments, and the date gradually rolled over to the next day, starting at 23:55, instead of snapping over at midnight.

The vendor's photos looked exactly like the rep I've had for a few years, except mine is the "single red" Pro Hunter. I wanted a "double red" but I got a "no red." :bugeyes:

Still, all's well that ends well. I was lucky enough to get my money back, I've discovered this forum with a listing of reputable dealers, and I have placed a new order with Andrew at Trusty Time. :thumbsup:

I'll post pics of my new rep as soon as I receive it.

T-

You seem to have a pretty good know how about watches in general, I don't know how long you've been a part of this forum but now at you are, you don't ever have to worry about anything like this happening ever again. Best of luck hope you get a refund on your card

DR3M3L
Its a touch too late for you but here is my special guide.................................mainly aimed at plonkers who come hear read a few bits then ask if www.swissconartistwatches.com, www.rolexripoff.com and all the many others are legit.

2 TRUSTED GUIDE.jpg

Your guide is strong, really strong. :D

onionbag
Its a touch too late for you but here is my special guide.................................mainly aimed at plonkers who come hear read a few bits then ask if www.swissconartistwatches.com, www.rolexripoff.com and all the many others are legit.

2 TRUSTED GUIDE.jpg

Where is Scorp these days? :dunno:

DR3M3L

2 TRUSTED GUIDE.jpg

Think he's in the sun drinking some cold beers :D

onionbag

2%20TRUSTED%20GUIDE.jpg

Think he's in the sun drinking some cold beers :D

Bastid......:noway:

Nisv

You're lucky.

I ordered a sub once and got this,

post-1609-1256627639.jpg

DR3M3L
You're lucky.

post-1609-1256627639.jpg

You lucky chap!

Nikola Tesla

You're lucky.

post-1609-1256627639.jpg

Hey! What's not to love? It's "Oficaly Crited." :picard:

airfix163

i know how you feel the scum at perfectwatchesus did the same to me except they took my money and i recieved nothing not a thing the contact phone number given usless tried e/mails pointless live and learn

trailboss99

Good to see you got a refund mate, lucky. That's a pretty nasty rep but the sad thing is most of their customers probably feel satisfied 'cause they know no better.

I'm just glad I found the forerunner to this forum before I spent dollar one. Bluefakes nearly got me with their $749 "swiss" sub but common sense told me that the Swiss are not going to allow anyone to make fakes in their country and that you can't have a Swiss made ETA powered watch for $750. That and the claims on the TT Sub page about "solid 14k gold" midlinks on a $1000 watch. Instead I found RWG and bought from Josh, now I help admin the place. Go figure . . .

Do you regret not finishing the Wardenclyffe Tower?

Yes, but I had no choice. I was double-crossed by J.P. Morgan. He reneged on the funding. :o

Go get 'em!

BTW, I think you were screwed by the Italian, Marconi, not Morgan :)

Both equally.

You very well deserved it for feckin' Mr. Edison in the arse with your AC....ungrateful bastid, after Edison taught you all you know, at his shop :P

LOL, the one big mistake of his life was backing DC power. DC is crap for distribution due to heavy line losses. DC required a power station every few blocks spewing coal smoke into the NYK air. Tesla had it right, AC is king above 48 volts and at any voltage if distance is involved. AC voltage drop is a fraction of DC.

Of cause then you made the big mistake of going with 110/50 cycles instead of 240/60. As far as I can tell this is because the powers that be decided you couldn't be trusted not to kill yourselves with 240/60. When it comes to high current applications like power tools, welders, plant and heating 110 sucks the big one. Not America's smartest move.

subiim
Good to see you got a refund mate, lucky. That's a pretty nasty rep but the sad thing is most of their customers probably feel satisfied 'cause they know no better.

I'm just glad I found the forerunner to this forum before I spent dollar one. Bluefakes nearly got me with their $749 "swiss" sub but common sense told me that the Swiss are not going to allow anyone to make fakes in their country and that you can't have a Swiss made ETA powered watch for $750. That and the claims on the TT Sub page about "solid 14k gold" midlinks on a $1000 watch. Instead I found RWG and bought from Josh, now I help admin the place. Go figure . . .

Do you regret not finishing the Wardenclyffe Tower?

Yes, but I had no choice. I was double-crossed by J.P. Morgan. He reneged on the funding. :o

Go get 'em!

BTW, I think you were screwed by the Italian, Marconi, not Morgan :)

Both equally.

You very well deserved it for feckin' Mr. Edison in the arse with your AC....ungrateful bastid, after Edison taught you all you know, at his shop :P

LOL, the one big mistake of his life was backing DC power. DC is crap for distribution due to heavy line losses. DC required a power station every few blocks spewing coal smoke into the NYK air. Tesla had it right, AC is king above 48 volts and at any voltage if distance is involved. AC voltage drop is a fraction of DC.

Of cause then you made the big mistake of going with 110/50 cycles instead of 240/60. As far as I can tell this is because the powers that be decided you couldn't be trusted not to kill yourselves with 240/60. When it comes to high current applications like power tools, welders, plant and heating 110 sucks the big one. Not America's smartest move.

Don't be hating America bro. We run the world. If it wasn't for us you'd be putting out fires in Russia right now