Sign in to follow this  
Del

Del

The lume on this model has improved considerably since I had mine. Ridiculously good value for money!

+1, i have the RG version. Lume is worse than even some of the cheaper reps. Yours looks great!

I may have cheated slightly by using a slow shutter speed, in conjunction with my LED Lenser torch........ :Whistle:

(Makes for a nice photo though! :D )

I picked up one of those UV torches after the G2G, great for photos!

Mine is not UV, it's just a powerful white LED. ;)

George.

The lume on this model has improved considerably since I had mine. Ridiculously good value for money!

+1, i have the RG version. Lume is worse than even some of the cheaper reps. Yours looks great!

I may have cheated slightly by using a slow shutter speed, in conjunction with my LED Lenser torch........ :Whistle:

(Makes for a nice photo though! :D )

I picked up one of those UV torches after the G2G, great for photos!

Mine is not UV, it's just a powerful white LED. ;)

Probably more healthy for the lume

Mine lights it up like a torch in about 5 seconds, can't be good for it

gmchris

Nice watch Del. Its refreshing to see people acknowledge a nice peice despite it not having a premuim badge instead of frowning at it cos it hasn't got a posh logo -which anyway would be fake erm, I mean rep.

I had the all black pvd version of this last year with the 7 link bracelet- it was bloody nice, I only sold it because the black scales were hard to read -yes I do actually use the slide rule at work! Then had a Sekonda which was better, now got a Seiko incoming. I still fancy the verision you have though. I also consider this to be the original version from Rotary, as there are now various cream, black, day/date black/silver versions.

Can feel an Argos trip looming!

barrytork

Hi Del,

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up the same watch on eBay for £33!

Like yours, it's got the brown crocodile strap, and I intend to fit a black one to match the face.

Can I just ask you a question? Did yours have the twin spring bars at each end (one curved, and one straight)?

I'm assuming you only used one spring bar on the replacement strap. Did you use the holes that were furthest away from the watch face?

If you did, it looks good as there doesn't seem to be any noticeable gap.

Edited by barrytork

Del
Hi Del, I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up the same watch on eBay for £33! Like yours, it's got the brown crocodile strap, and I intend to fit a black one to match the face. Can I just ask you a question? Did yours have the twin spring bars at each end (one curved, and one straight)? I'm assuming you only used one spring bar on the replacement strap. Did you use the holes that were furthest away from the watch face? If you did, it looks good as there doesn't seem to be any noticeable gap.

I honestly don't remember any twin spring bars! You'll just need to experiment yourself when you get the replacement strap.

greg_r

Hi Del,

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up the same watch on eBay for £33!

Like yours, it's got the brown crocodile strap, and I intend to fit a black one to match the face.

Can I just ask you a question? Did yours have the twin spring bars at each end (one curved, and one straight)?

I'm assuming you only used one spring bar on the replacement strap. Did you use the holes that were furthest away from the watch face?

If you did, it looks good as there doesn't seem to be any noticeable gap.

I had one of these too some years ago and it was only a single straight springbar in each lug.

barrytork

Well, the new strap has arrived, and I have to agree with Del that the black band with white stitching certainly transforms the watch. It goes really well with the black and white face. I'll upload some pictures if I can work out how to do it!

As I mentioned earlier, the model I had used 2 sets of curved spring bars on the original Rotary curved-end strap, and I was a little concerned if there would be a gap with the new one.

The new Waccex strap had a straight end, and obviously used only a single spring bar. I had to use the outer lugs, as the inner ones were not accessible using a straight spring bar. The new strap was quite a bit thicker than the old one. You can see the inner lug holes if you look carefully, but I think it looks fine.

29183940461_daf216ffe2_b.jpg28639388434_9fba3822e8_b.jpg29183939441_f085be3e5d_b.jpg

Edited by barrytork