Sign in to follow this  
P_Diddy

DJ *bargain alert*

P_Diddy

problem is buyer has approx 300 100% feedback but this is first time its high value expensive watch

other feedback has been for miscellaneous non watch related stuff

Come on get your detective boots on. WHERE are you MemberX? :)

Fleabay DJ

Brightlight

Not so, his last two sales are watches at £2938 and £5000. Seems fair enough as he prefers the watch to be collected and cash paid and has the papers. The pic is atrocious and I wouldn't bid on it based on that pic though.

prestigewatchco

lots of variants not described in listing most important is it 3035 or 3135 movement it could be 30 years old otherwise. Another question how much slack in the band and is it an original band or aftermarket lots of these DJ's have aftermarket bands because the originals were prone to stretch quickly. It's not that cheap either they are around with good provenance between $1500-$2000

P_Diddy

Can you tighten up the stretch on the Jubilee bracelets?

alot of DJs with Jubilee bracelet advertised on Fleabay are described as 'tightened up the the stretch' Is that possible and how?

lots of variants not described in listing most important is it 3035 or 3135 movement it could be 30 years old otherwise. Another question how much slack in the band and is it an original band or aftermarket lots of these DJ's have aftermarket bands because the originals were prone to stretch quickly. It's not that cheap either they are around with good provenance between $1500-$2000

pollux1

Ask for more pics if you are interested, personally I'd miss it given the seller put one picture up of a high value item, says to me he's hiding it's condition.

mrtepax

it seems to me that if you post only one photo and have a staring bid of 0.99 (whatever currency) you do not pay anything to ebay...maybe just a tight-fisted seller?

anyway, very suspicious that the starting bid was sooooo low

P_Diddy

someone bought it for £1255

wonder when they receive the watch, if they will still think its a 'bargain'?

Chronograph
it seems to me that if you post only one photo and have a staring bid of 0.99 (whatever currency) you do not pay anything to ebay...maybe just a tight-fisted seller?

Most of ebays fees come from "final value" of what the auction closes for. Listing fees are very low, like a dollar or two. I think they take about 15% of what the final sale price ends up being though. (not sure on the specific amount, its been years since I've sold anything on ebay)