Sign in to follow this  
Kopcap

Any good advice about this one ?

Kopcap

hi there

as a newbie here and in the REP world, i'm looking for a goodlooking watch branded B&R

i found this one (because of the GMT hand, as i'm a world-traveler)

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=7474

Reading all reviews about him, i know Trusty/Andrew is a good an reliable TD

but about the watch : is it a good choice regarding movement/case/bracelet (sure i'll change it for a leather oldstyle one) ?

thanks for all your answers

greg_r

It'll be okay for a cheapie, but nothing special.

Kopcap

ok thanks guys,

(to lmibcn) ...i've read that section before searching around and posting my topic

(to greg_r) ...for me a cheapie REP is under 100usd ; i've seen the same at 88...and really, it looks (well, on the photos provided) cheap - though it was from another TD

I wait the end of CNY and will place my order and write a review ;-)

BentleySharp

ok thanks guys,

(to lmibcn) ...i've read that section before searching around and posting my topic

(to greg_r) ...for me a cheapie REP is under 100usd ; i've seen the same at 88...and really, it looks (well, on the photos provided) cheap - though it was from another TD

I wait the end of CNY and will place my order and write a review ;-)

If a watch looks cheap in the photos, It'll look even cheaper in real life when you get it out in the sunlight. Not trying to piss in your cheerios, I'm just sayin'.

Del Boy

Welcome,

It's a cheapie, but not a bad one to start for your ordering from China adventure!

Plus I know I want one but when I actually get one... I might not like it... so spending a lot on a watch you aren't 100% sure on isn't a good idea. You can always sell for a small loss on M2M and buy a better one at a later date.

Oh... talking of which... check out M2M now and then whilst you wait for end of CNY, that's my favourite way to buy nowadays.

Enjoy!

Del

Kopcap

(to BentleySharp) ...i didn't think that way, but your answer give me a precise point to understand and to think about

the fact is some photos (sometimes...not always) look very nice/clear/detailed ; but using "photshop" and others for my job , i know how to do that

- and just to say it : i love yr picture-signature (my favorite car !) - how do you put that pic ? i've tried but...nothing (as you can see !) -

(toDelBoy) ok, i'll do it and place my 1st order - and discovering new territories ;-) i've bought my 1st REP in Bangkok, 18y ago : TagHeuer, good looking (apart the strap...) and still working ! i like it, because it's my 1st one

thanks to you all guys ;-)

seanjames

Seems pricey to me at £100 ish for a cheaply model

Paid less than £80 for both my B&R's and they look better than that one

myaz

Still, nice to have AR sapphire at that price break. Looks good enough to me though kinda thick for my personal taste at 18.5mm.

Calcidose

Not expensive, nothing particular but a good watch. I don't really like the strap, a black lether should be better.

Kopcap

Not expensive, nothing particular but a good watch. I don't really like the strap, a black lether should be better.

i agree with you : a leather strap would be much better - i was looking to get the one called "vintage" (light brown with B&R engraved) or a large black one with colored seams on it (i've seen it in a shop) or a green nylon old-style (seen on another B&R here)

i'll place my order today with TT/Andrew and wait....

Kopcap

Seems pricey to me at £100 ish for a cheaply model

Paid less than £80 for both my B&R's and they look better than that one

really : less than 80£ both ?

where did you catch those ? and do you have links ? or photos ?

Kopcap

for information :

this model is no longer made

(i've been looking around and asking to differents TD)

OmegaOverlord

i would recommend going for something from mary for a bell and ross as she has quite a few relatively cheap ones but i personally am more inclined to go for the heritage mode and buy a gen strap considering how cheap it is for a gen.

Chiquita Fanjita

i would recommend going for something from mary for a bell and ross as she has quite a few relatively cheap ones but i personally am more inclined to go for the heritage mode and buy a gen strap considering how cheap it is for a gen.

Heritage models seem to be discontinued or very hard to get unfortunately.

Grammio

It's an OK watch, but if you can wait until you've got the extra buck for the better one I think you will appreciate it better. Look on m2m as well, some real bargains pop up in there.

avc0002

it is a watch.