Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

4th 1675 prototype almost ready

RolexAddict

Almost finished, pics of the building step by step tomorrow I hope.

This is the last one with the OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE dial. Its also the more accurate, remember : I used to remove steel (about 1mm) from the top of a 16710 case to get a thin ans slim 1675 case profile.

AllergyDoc has the prototype 1 of 4. MemberX the 2 of 4 and KinCaidk got the 3 of 4. These are very rare and collectible, you probably will see them in Sotherby's Rolex Rep Auctions in 25 years... :)

Now, the last one, the 4 of 4 is almost achieved. Some improvements like the RA patented :D triple R system (Rotating Rubber Retainer) a new rotating bezel ring disposal

More seriously, I think I have found (parts on the way) the solution to build 1675/16750 accepting gen/aftermarket dials, a little pricy but less than Yuki. Cases complete will cost around 250us$ and will accept correct dials and all kind of eta and Asian rep movements without special rings or other headache . Means we will have accurate GMT 1675/16750 for a price range of 500 us$.

Preview of the prototype 4 of 4 : (no very good pics, 800 iso, no tripod, thunderstorms this afternoon, it was very dark) Also the pepsi insert is not fixed, just sit on the bezel for the pic, so it is not well centered, better pics with a rivetted bracelet and details close up very soon

announcement2.jpg

announcement1.jpg

Member X

Looking great :)

I'm intrigued to see what the new ones will look like - I can no way afford them but will be awesome to finally have a decent rep of them!

andygt

Looking good, RA - I'm very jealous of the owners of the first 3 prototypes!

pm on its way :)

JoeyB

Magnifique ! ! Je suis très heureux pour que vous résolviez ce projet. Vous êtes le maître du maître 1675 de GMT !

solkryssare

So when will you make one for me??? I soooooooooo want one!!! Please!!!

Wiz

Looking great mate, good luck for the end of the build!

RolexAddict

thanks guys for your support and be patient, nobody will be forgotten, I have your pm and keep a list. The next building will be the definitive project.

Here some more pics from the 4 of 4. No good pics as AD did. RA pics = no tripod, dust, finger prints and always in a hurry. On this 4th 1675 I used a O-ring + the bezel spring to assure a good fitting and rotate of the bezel ring. As the case has been lovered, the bezel ring retaining spring space is wider. To assure a good operation without any loose/play I added a rubber ring. Works fine, better than dental floss.

you can see the o-ring around the bezel ring wall. I removed metal from the top of the case, now the crown looks a little bit less to low. The case profile is exactly like the gen 1675 slim case but engraved 16710 which is the GMT Master II thicker case

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

pepsi.jpg

The pic angle is no good, in reality the cyclop is very well aligned with the date window

pepsi2.jpg

The "Urban GMT" black bezel configuration on a black leather strap

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

close%20up.jpg

movement.jpg

Edited by RolexAddict

Member X

Daaaamn, that looks awesome :notworthy::)

A lot of work went into that!!

sishac

Stunning pictures...I LOVE it when people show pictures of a taken-apart watch...the end result is simply beautiful!!! Good job!

trailboss99

Great work RA! :facepalm:

Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Col.

graman

Wow.....great work!

KinCaidk

Looks great, RA!! I really admire your skills.