Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

Rolex GMTIIc Swiss 2836

Silverspeed

When TimesShopNet announced their Rolex promotion here on RWG I decided to get the Rolex GMTIIc.

I've had this rep before and I really liked it, still wondering why I sold it :lol: ...anyway this well made

rep was during TimesShopNet priced at $165 for the Swiss ETA 2836 movement...a real bargain!!

Because the 2836 used in the GMTIIc is designed as a day/date movement with an added GMT hand under

the hour hand (aka Incorrect Hand Stack) I choose the Swiss version, 'cause in my experience they usually work

and wind smoother then the usual clone version...and with the added GMT I choose the best possible movement.

TimesShopNet advertised it 'made by the Noobfactory' and since then there's been lots of discussion about the source

of these reps...but in all honesty I really don't care, $165 for this GMTIIc is dirt cheap and it looked to be well made.

Due to numerous customs issues in the past I never order anymore form a China based dealer...luckily Andygt was

kind enough to act as a middle man, so it was shipped to the UK and from there shipped to the NL...many thanks again Andy :D

The GMTIIc has been reviewed many times before by much more knowledgeable members then myself so this is just to show

what kind of rep this GMTIIc from the TimesShopNet promotion is...in the end all reps have many flaws, for me one the most important

aspect of a good rep is the built quality...and this GMTIIc is impressive...so on to the pics

Nice crisp bezel and dial print and the SEL fit is excellent

IMG_4726kopie.png

Dial and bezel a little closer...quite a few dust specs on the crystal and cyclops...should have cleaned that before taking the pic :facepalm:

IMG_4738kopie.png

Backside shows a good fitting bracelet, although the gap on the left side is slightly larger...the bracelet itself was good from the start but a

hell of a lot better after a little oil-treatment, I do this with all bracelets and it makes a huge difference...just put the bracelet for a couple of

hours in oil (I use WD40) rinse it with warm water and soap, buff it up with a polishing cloth...and presto no rattles or cheap feel anymore ;)

IMG_4736kopie.png

Well made clasp and logo...a very secure 'click' when the clasp closes, a huge improvement over my former GMTIIc

IMG_4737kopie.png

The engravings are well made, clean and precisely machined again much better then my previous GMTIIc

IMG_4735kopie.png

Same story for the case engravings

IMG_4750kopie.png

IMG_4749kopie.png

And finally the wristshot

DSC02361kopie.png

All in all I'm very pleased with this rep, it's well made, runs great and looks good enough to me...Thanks RWG for getting

Mark to run this promotion here on RWG and a big thank you to Andygt for letting me ship it to him and from the UK to me :D:clap:

AllergyDoc

These new models just ooze with class! What a great price, too.

AustinTech

That looks gen as a mutha-effer!

Great pick-up! Congrats!

Hey, did you steal that wrist shot background from AllergyDoc's backyard? :lol:

Member X

Great pick up for the price :lol:

AustinTech

I came back 10 minutes later for another look - must be a good looking watch.

bigbossa

Nice choice man....I got one too :D . I got the asain movement. really love it :lol:

MikeMcNair

i am really impressed with all the items that came out of the timeshop sale!!! looking great!

thanks for the tip on the bracelet, i will give it a try on my next rep. :thumbup:

avenger007

I'm wearing my brand new GMTIIc today. Heckuva deal. I picked up a 16610, an LV, and the GMT. Now I need the Sea-Dweller 16800. Great shots, Silver.

Silverspeed
That looks gen as a mutha-effer!

Great pick-up! Congrats!

Hey, did you steal that wrist shot background from AllergyDoc's backyard? ;)

I did some garden work..can't you see :D ...sprained my back doing so dammit

I came back 10 minutes later for another look - must be a good looking watch.

It is ;) ...as Doc said it oozes class, these are really well made

skintrade

wow that looks fantastic.

gB.
:lol:

Silverspeed
How's the GMT hand funtioning for you? I have the Pro-Hunter black version of this exact watch with Swiss ETA 2836 movement from TS, and I had to send it back to Mark to have the GMT hand fixed. Got it back and the dang GMT hand still tends to be off by half an hour after setting and running 24 hours....

Sofar the GMT hand is working just fine, the 'Incorrect Hand Stack' versions, with the GMT hand placed under the hour hand are usually very reliable. It doesn't function like a real GMT movement, the GMT hand

follows the hour hand but with a double sized rotor so that it takes 24hrs to make a full circle.

I don't use the GMT function, for me it's just an decorative hand...but sofar it's in sync with the hour hand and it doesn't slip.

avenger007
How's the GMT hand funtioning for you? I have the Pro-Hunter black version of this exact watch with Swiss ETA 2836 movement from TS, and I had to send it back to Mark to have the GMT hand fixed. Got it back and the dang GMT hand still tends to be off by half an hour after setting and running 24 hours....

Sofar the GMT hand is working just fine, the 'Incorrect Hand Stack' versions, with the GMT hand placed under the hour hand are usually very reliable. It doesn't function like a real GMT movement, the GMT hand

follows the hour hand but with a double sized rotor so that it takes 24hrs to make a full circle.

I don't use the GMT function, for me it's just an decorative hand...but sofar it's in sync with the hour hand and it doesn't slip.

Actually, the movement of the GMT hand is correct. It should make one dial rotation in 24 hours. For example, if the current time is 5pm EST, I set the GMT hand to the 14 numeral on the bezel for PST. 3 hours later the GMT hand will have moved to the 17 numeral. This way, the second timezone can be tracked correctly concerning AM/PM using the 24hr time scale 00-24.

coolin

Travelling home from my holiday in France and have this and 2 others waiting for me so my son informs me :rofl: nice to see I'm in for a treat on my 1st purchase \o/

Col

Silverspeed
Actually, the movement of the GMT hand is correct. It should make one dial rotation in 24 hours. For example, if the current time is 5pm EST, I set the GMT hand to the 14 numeral on the bezel for PST. 3 hours later the GMT hand will have moved to the 17 numeral. This way, the second timezone can be tracked correctly concerning AM/PM using the 24hr time scale 00-24.

yes the movement of the GMT hand is correct, but it's not achieved by the same method as a genuine GMT movement. AFAIK the GMT hand on a real GMT movement sits above the hour hand and the hour hand

moves in 1 hour steps and is independently adjustable. When the first reps of the Rolex GMT were released the rep factories modified a 2836 with a GMT module so that the movement behaved like the gen...but

as with most modified rep movements it was a POS.

avenger007
yes the movement of the GMT hand is correct, but it's not achieved by the same method as a genuine GMT movement. AFAIK the GMT hand on a real GMT movement sits above the hour hand and the hour hand

moves in 1 hour steps and is independently adjustable. When the first reps of the Rolex GMT were released the rep factories modified a 2836 with a GMT module so that the movement behaved like the gen...but

as with most modified rep movements it was a POS.

Correct on the hand stack, Silver. But the GMT hand should still move in half hour increments in reference to the dial, hour increments in reference to the 24hr bezel, no?

GC

SS...you are killing me! I have resisted this watch up till now...

I was gonna get a 21j version from WBK (if he ever got anymore stock @ $130) but at these prices...

I opted for the swiss 2836 (for reliability reasons).

Seriously, I can't open up any more of your posts! My wallet can't take the torment any more!

First it was the Daytona, than the PAM177... and now this one... I don't know if I should hate or thank you?

Your photos are so stunning, nobody shoots like you mate!

Silverspeed
SS...you are killing me! I have resisted this watch up till now...

I was gonna get a 21j version from WBK (if he ever got anymore stock @ $130) but at these prices...

I opted for the swiss 2836 (for reliability reasons).

Seriously, I can't open up any more of your posts! My wallet can't take the torment any more!

First it was the Daytona, than the PAM177... and now this one... I don't know if I should hate or thank you?

Your photos are so stunning, nobody shoots like you mate!

;) ...how does the phrase go 'don't hate the player, hate the game' ? ;)

don't resist this GMTIIc it is without a doubt one of the best replicated Rolex's

northcountryboy1976

hey, just reading back through some posts before I purchase my 1st GMT, is this the same watch that is now $288 at timeshop? I was just wondering how it has been over past year or so? Great looking watch btw!!

mario_mma

Hi, just wondering... where can i buy the bezel for this watch? I checked on ebay and they dont look the same. Thanks!