Sign in to follow this  
bigbossa

Sub bracelet

bigbossa

Hi Guys

Need your advice . I gave my new sub from Timeshops ( asain copy 2836) to a neighbour who is a watch guy (ex Seiko) Unfortunately he has arthritis in his hands so only works on big clocks ie grandfather . Anyway his first impression and he kept going on about it , was that he thought the bracelet was like a razor! he also felt the case was too sharp compared to a gen. I'm not overly worried but now its of course stuck in my mind . Whats the best way to tackle this? I actually took the watch to him as I was concerned about the amount of noise the rotor was making. He tightened the screw and said I had nothing to worry about although said there was some up and down movement. He was quite impressed/surprised by the movement. I have to add he was a bit uncomfortable about dealing with the watch. Eventually he was more chilled about it ...shame his hands cant cope with small watch parts any more.

Any advice apreciated

Edited by bigbossa

Eiderdaus

A lot of guys sand the bracelets edges. I don´t do that because after a while they lose the sharpness anyway.

MikeMcNair

personally, i would take it to a polishing wheel to try to smooth the edges a bit if they are indeed sharp. do you have access to a machine shop/polishing tools?

i polish EVERYTHING in the galaxy so i would try that first as it will not take off much material, but will likely remedy the situation. just for kicks, here is a pic of a GLOCK 26 slide i did 2 weeks ago :lol:

IMG_0256.jpg

edit, that pic sucks. here is a better one...

IMG_0258.jpg

Edited by mikemcnair

greg_r

Bracelets do sometimes need attention - although with wear they tend to get less sharp anyhow. Some gentle buffing of the edges will smooth 'em off fairly easily if you feel the need.

avenger007

I used 800 grit sandpaper on the edges of my 16610 and LV. Works like a champ. Add a little oil when you're done, and you're good to go. Changes the entire feel of the watch, IMO.

bigbossa

Thanks guys ...got to do it now :)