Sign in to follow this  
ellistyle1

Vintage Bulova Wrist Alarm

ellistyle1

Look what came in the mail today. I spotted this on eBay, researched a bit and then waited out the bidding. I had never seen an analog alarm like this before. It gives a satisfying buzz like a wind up toy. I suspect that it will scare the shit out of me the first time I use the alarm in a practical situation on my wrist. A novel complication, nonetheless. I also really dig the vintage look. I'll polish it up a bit when I get home. Next order of business will be a new strap.

2014-02-03191238_zps6bb6d8d9.jpg

ellistyle1

I guess I jacked the pic link somehow before. Fixed now. And as anticipated, I nearly wrecked my car this morning when the alarm went off while I was driving.

powderfreak

Very cool watch indeed! I was thinking about a Poljot Traveller Alarm myself, but never had the guts to buy one.

Check it out:

May I ask how that Bulova is called and how much you paid for it?

ellistyle1

Its a Bulova Wrsit Alarm. The eBay auction listed it from 1973. I got it for $300. In researching the price of them in the condition it is in, I paid about what the market asks at this point (I am trying to justify it to myself still).

powderfreak

Its a Bulova Wrsit Alarm. The eBay auction listed it from 1973. I got it for $300. In researching the price of them in the condition it is in, I paid about what the market asks at this point (I am trying to justify it to myself still).