KeNnY

[IMPORTANT WARNING] For all seeking "quick" relume read this

headhunt3r

I've got a cwazy friend that can do it pretty quick.

:popcorn:

Shots fired... :sniper:

Sakurai

Excellent post Matej, thanks for the community heads up. Hope all is well my friend!

This is how it's done folks, excellent work by KeNnY:

12310898194_af50eaa083.jpg

12311050066_516efb349d.jpg

Pseudonym

Quality takes time...

As the saying goes "measure twice; cut once"

Olly

Quality takes time...

Quality takes time...

Couldnt agree more !

Good notice Matej :)

J.Eric

Great info!! Thanks for sharing!

KeNnY

Wise words Matej. Rushed jobs are rarely good jobs let alone excellent jobs as you provide.

thank you buddy :)

Thanks once again Kenny, you are an asset to this forum and the community.

Thank you Khuram, these things need to be known

All quality work takes time. Anyone who doesn't understand this and won't accept it should go cut corners somewhere else. Some people just don't have a clue.

Keep the work to the quality you clearly supply, your reputation is everything. Don't give in to people like this, if the work is good it generates multiples in return business. Simple!

I agree with you buddy ! :)

thanks mate

This is a quick and effective solution :

Book-And-Laptop-Light_47854535.jpg

if you will replace the led with UV LED you can have your lume always pimped out to max ! :lol:

there, make a business from it :lol:

Good info ......thanks for posting !!

thanks for reading my friend

Great info mate.

Sticky for sure.

+1

Great write up that Matej and a good insight into what it takes for you to do the quality work that you put out everytime.

thank you buddy :)

Thanks for sharing very good advice. I agree that quality is the important thing to remember when doing service.

thank you buddy and I agree with you

Great post Kenny.

Patience is required in this hobby for most things. Much better to wait a couple of extra days for a quality job. I did have one of my watches relumed in Asia as the lume:binder ratio could not have been right and lume was flaking off like dandruff on the inside of the crystal.

exactly ! yeah I know who was the lummer, well that is with the "qc" of the particular modder, I had from him mine AP diver in the past. If I am not happy with the relume, I relume again, it takes time but the quality result is what always matters.

My skyland following Kennylume , good results come for those who wait...

SKYLANDRELUME.jpg

:lol: thanks mate ! you got the correct hands yet ? :D

Thanks Matej, wise words!

Thank you Enrico ! :) any news on your Rollerai ???

Yeah, okay, but how much does the 24 hour quick relume service cost?

:rofl:

24 Hours Fuck that - I want a While you wait Lume job. How about it Kenny a coffee, donuts and a lume all in 60 minutes :rofl:

Jokes aside Kenny you make a clear point and it seems a lot of people are now doing lume jobs and cutting many corners.

Actually I want a fecking virtual relume done in the peace and quiet of my own home - can you arrange that?

hahahaha :lol:

Matej so are telling me you could have done my speedy in 24h?? Nah mate just

Pulling your leg ;)You know what they say you can't hurry art.

So guys in short if you want quality work done. Sit down relax and let a pro handle it. And wait.

:P :lol:

will be finished soon my friend, in this month I have many beautiful pieces to get out, excited actually :)

well you read my warnings, your call

Shots fired... :sniper:

:lol:

Excellent post Matej, thanks for the community heads up. Hope all is well my friend!

This is how it's done folks, excellent work by KeNnY:

12310898194_af50eaa083.jpg

12311050066_516efb349d.jpg

soon I will have brother for this piece to finish :lol:

Quality takes time...

EXACTLY !!!

Great info!! Thanks for sharing!

thank you buddy and you are welcome ! :)

Quality takes time...

Quality takes time...

Couldnt agree more !

Good notice Matej :)

Thank you buddy :)

Stuvetjee

After the KeNnY treatment, photo taken with iphone after 30 seconds outside. Love Deepsea challenge :)

C268D6FA-B720-4B1C-B78A-DCBCD4048552-606-0000011FA3438588_zpsb234d5f9.jpg

Quality modding kenn :)

7C920AB1-0EE5-47BF-A2F9-E7E199835E65-25862-000028E19A9F5E07_zps506f6d1c.jpg

KeNnY

Awesome pics my friend :)

thank you

cwazy1

I've tried to stay away from this thread, but I feel like I should comment at least once..

Firstly, for those of you who don't know, this thread is directed at me. I'm not sure why you are so upset that another lume guy is in the business and that you need to resort to implicit slander of a 'quick relume'.

I know that you've been bad mouthing me to some of your customers.. thats fine, I could care less since its privately, but publicly saying that we need to heed warning about anyone who does fast work? Out of line, and coming from such a veteran member such as yourself, I'm dissapointed. You of all people should understand that people have different ways of doing things.

------------------------

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, lets actually talk relume stuff.

First. I agree that a 24 hour relume is generally not the most probable thing, but come on, you and I both know that there are exceptions.

Now, addressing your breakdown of time...

1. dissolving the old lume..

-this depends if there is even lume to be dissolved

-even the worst lume I've found comes off in less than 24 hours.

-skip this step for any dial that is painted or is too delicate to remove old lume

2. relume

-you and I both know how long it takes to actually physically relume the watch.

-30mins.

3. cure time

-you're welcome to wait 3 days for curing time. I've never had a problem with 12-24h.

Ultimately, and to be honest, I do not care how you do your job as a modder. We all have our own ways. There are benefits of yours, there are benefits of mine, and vice versa. I just do not like the way you have implicitly attacked me in announcing that people should not trust anyone who does fast work. If you have a problem with me, come to me and we'll deal with it.

You know that I do not do anything related to the movement, yes?

I only do relumes.

The reason I've done this is so I can put all my dedicated time towards relumes.

I have a fast turnaround time because of this.

You do a whole bunch of other shit like repairs and services..I dont.

You should understand that when people ask me whats my turnover, I only have maybe 1 or 2 relumes sitting on my table. I can give them a realistic time frame such as 3-7 days. This is very different than when people ask you what your turnover is. People need to understand that you have maybe 1-2 relumes as well as 5 other pieces that need repair or service. Don't take it that I do poor work because my priorities are different than yours.

Thats all I have to say. You and I both have good followings on the forums and lets keep it that way by keeping this civil.

Duzza

askit1
:popcorn: :popcorn:

JohnG

Okay, this thread is about to get real interesting....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

KeNnY

Hello mate Cwazy,

thank you for your imput,

as I stated originally, this is not an attack to you or any other modder, and I personally get this questions a lot, why the long time for getting lume cure. I put out only the warnings from the experience of different binders and solvents I used in past, to help the hobby and any future modders.

I know you are starting only recently, I was there also, this was also for you and any other making relume, to be safe from the oxidating vapor what can make issues with the watches, what I tried to explain in detail the risks of what can it make to the watch and watch components. About that bad mounting of watches I received for fix, I would not elaborate it here unless you want to really hear it. I agree, Every modder has its ways of doing watches. I explained mine. So it is up to member, who will trust an what questions he should ask, or what it takes, in giving a watch for facelift.

1. there is more into it, not all lume dissolves in 24 hours, you will see with some watches

2. well I relume sometimes even 90-120 minutes, but maybe I am just too slow, so I try to make it more mine liking to pass my QC :)

3. cure time I will wait for 3 days ALWAYS, as the manufacturer of binder stated, and I am thinking of the longevity of internal parts. It was mine recommendation it is up to all others if they will take in consideration what all is involved

Ok no problemo buddy, if you don't care, others maybe do :) And you take it wrong, I am against fast low quality work (not stating you are this case, after all you are SV over rwi), by fast low quality work I mean like sprayed matte spray with indexes attached on dial while still sits on the movement, overlummed removable indexes with old lume still present etc. I don't know if you do this kind of work or not, it is again an info for all for example considering matte dial application, how to get best results.

"You do a whole bunch of other shit like repairs and services.." nice line :)

I fully understand mate your turnover, I am just saying an warning for the binder curing time and fast low quality work practices (again we are not alone in this area of watch modding, there are couple of more guys), a questions that people should ask before accepting work. I do watches as an hobby and mainly on weekends, so I know it is different if you have time whole week for all watches.

You can do with this information, I provided here, anything you want, it is my recommendation after the experiences I learned sometimes hard-way, so everybody can benefit from it. Be safe and lets keep good results to benefit the hobby

cwazy1

Thanks for clarifying and keeping this civil.

lol why is everyone popcorning! nothing to see here :P

Mazz

Kenny ever the gentleman

KeNnY

Thanks for clarifying and keeping this civil.

lol why is everyone popcorning! nothing to see here :P

I am no drama queen maker :( :lol:

elp

Hulk no smash? :huh:

Interesting info here - I am just starting some reluming experiments (only on my own watches) - kudos to the quality of your work guys.

KeNnY

Hulk no smash? :huh:

Interesting info here - I am just starting some reluming experiments (only on my own watches) - kudos to the quality of your work guys.

:kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny: :kenny:

happy ? :lol: Good luck my friend

<RJ>

Thanks for the information!

WebWind

It looks like after "Who has the best sub?" and "Who is the best dealer?" we have another question to answer.

Ok so, who does the best quick relume?

greg_r

KeNnY. mate, you're a class act. As always :D

Arkadin1

Great info Kenny. Thanks

KeNnY

Thanks for the information!

you are welcome mate ! :)

It looks like after "Who has the best sub?" and "Who is the best dealer?" we have another question to answer.

Ok so, who does the best quick relume?

hahahaha :lol:

KeNnY. mate, you're a class act. As always :D

Thank you Greg ! :)

Great info Kenny. Thanks

THank you buddy and you are welcome :)

JohnG

Shit, I was hoping for some hardcore drama. Like the old days.

I heard Luthier is also now a re-lumer over at RWI.

KeNnY

Shit, I was hoping for some hardcore drama. Like the old days.

I heard Luthier is also now a re-lumer over at RWI.

we are getting old :(

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT LUTHIER relumes ???????? where is the link ? :lol: