Sign in to follow this  
muss2k1

New to forums, question about ROLEX SUBMARINER

muss2k1

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing some research on replica watches. There are 100's of replica sites online but luckily I found this forum and picked a reputable site from here. I am looking for a Rolex Submariner, something as close to the real as possible and decided on this:

http://www.timeshops.net/RO6524_-_Rolex_Su...2_120016-95.htm

Could you guys give me advice on the quality and how "real" it looks?

I also saw another one for $100, but I think the only difference is the movement?

Thanks again in advance

themoo-12

Hiya! The swiss Eta should run you around $200 dollars. With a clone anywhere from $100-150 and a 21 jewel(not close to gen) is in the $50-90 range. With all the new reps the markings are going to be almost identical. If you want as close to possible for a sub you will want a WM9 one but they run around $600 or so. I have an ETA one I paid $200 for and that will fool 99.9% of people :lol:

muss2k1
Hiya! The swiss Eta should run you around $200 dollars. With a clone anywhere from $100-150 and a 21 jewel(not close to gen) is in the $50-90 range. With all the new reps the markings are going to be almost identical. If you want as close to possible for a sub you will want a WM9 one but they run around $600 or so. I have an ETA one I paid $200 for and that will fool 99.9% of people :lol:

thank you!...what is the best place to get that watch? I've been reading a lot about Mary. Should I ask her? how does she collect payment? what details do i need to give her?

robbnj

Knowingly or not, you have posted a classic (read: overdone) thread known as "who has the best sub?".

How real it looks depends on who is looking at it (are you trying to fool someone, or just want it not to look like crap?).

A Rolex fanatic will call out most reps. Most of the public will have no clue, but will assume fake BECAUSE it is a Rolex (who doesn't know about fake Rolexes?).

The watch you link to is overpriced in my opinion, as it is likely to have a clone ETA (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ETA supply dry up a while ago?).

You can pick up the same watch with a 21 jewel mvmt. for about $65.

The ceramic bezel version can be had for less than $100 with the same 21j mvmt.

You could buy the $65 one, get your own ETA mvmt. for $100, have it swapped and be ahead by $100+.

Then again, the 21j movements last quite a while and are very cheap if you need to replace them.

The question is, can you wear a $5K watch & be believed?

muss2k1
Knowingly or not, you have posted a classic (read: overdone) thread known as "who has the best sub?".

How real it looks depends on who is looking at it (are you trying to fool someone, or just want it not to look like crap?).

A Rolex fanatic will call out most reps. Most of the public will have no clue, but will assume fake BECAUSE it is a Rolex (who doesn't know about fake Rolexes?).

The watch you link to is overpriced in my opinion, as it is likely to have a clone ETA (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ETA supply dry up a while ago?).

You can pick up the same watch with a 21 jewel mvmt. for about $65.

The ceramic bezel version can be had for less than $100 with the same 21j mvmt.

You could buy the $65 one, get your own ETA mvmt. for $100, have it swapped and be ahead by $100+.

Then again, the 21j movements last quite a while and are very cheap if you need to replace them.

The question is, can you wear a $5K watch & be believed?

well its a mixture of not wanting it to look like crap and fooling people...i've been reading the forums and it seems like people have been paying around $250 for it from what im gathering is due to the movement?

I want it to look as "legit" as possible...where and whom can i purchase it from?

themoo-12

thank you!...what is the best place to get that watch? I've been reading a lot about Mary. Should I ask her? how does she collect payment? what details do i need to give her?

Mary is who I order from she is great just send her an email at [email protected] and send her a pic and what you want in the watch ie. movement and she takes paypal and western union

Eiderdaus

sub sub sub ? Ah great :thumbsup:

Hi muss2k1,

I am busy with that question "who has the best sub" now a while. I am always on the hunt to find the best 16610 Sub rep.

If you want to hear my opinion it´s more like robbnj said. It doesn´t matter how accurate your sub will look like, most of the people will assume that is a rep.

It helps a lot of reading comparisons between gen and rep 16610 models so that you get a feeling what to look for. From my point of view I do not give the most value to the movement because this is not visible unless you open the watch.

I take more attention on "for me" obvious flaws.

The problem will be what is a real deal look like and therefore I still keep saying (some people will call me stupid therefore) as long as you dont have a gen one in your hand to compare you are not able to tell differences only by hearing something from others.

I made that experience that I looking for totally different details than others and "feeling" the watch is something different too.

You will need to know what your goal is: Having a rep that fools most of watch interested people or just a beater to show off at generic folk. I have written a little comparison between my gen 16610 and noobmariners and wm9. It is not complete but it has a few details in what I was looking at.

Regarding rehaut height, rehaut engraving, crystal height, the crown itself, the dial I haven´t written something. The more you will aks the more you will find out the flaws if you are really interested in. If you just want to buy a nice watch with bling bling factor go for the special promotion from timeshop and buy the noobmariner with copy eta or eta (for me it doesn´t matter) you will get a nice looking watch but not an 100% accurate rep. Most of the people will say now "don´t you know taht only rolex is producing 100% accurate subs" and there is much truth in it but it should not prevents you about looking for it.

Maybe it´s too much info because you were just looking for a decision help without reading a lot but I always say, if someone smiling at you and starring at your watch from different angles and asks you if this is a gen then you should be honest unless you know all the flaws and can be quite secure to have the best available rep that covers all the obvious stuff and this will not be a noobmariner maybe even not a WM9 V3(we will see once I get one from BK). I am curious about the pics from andygt´s V2 bought from AD. Maybe this is the killer :D

hope this helps a bit

Ska

Hi Muss

I agree with elements of what most people are saying on here but I think actually the advice should be very simple:

1. The Sub replicas are now VERY convincing across the board. There are always going to be flaws but with the WM9 and New Ceramic Subs coming from Mary/BK/Robert we have reached a new pinnacle of accuracy. (Especially in the case of the new maxi dial/hands etc.

See this thread for close-ups of the latest Ceramic from Mary: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6933

2. The price difference relates almost entirely to the MOVEMENT. (There are other small differences like incorrect polished bracelet mid-links but these can be sorted easily by yourself using a scotchbrite pad in about 30mins. In my opinion the ETA (clone or otherwise) is worth the cash if you are trying for a sub that looks closest to genuine. One of the main tells of a fake is that the second hand doesn't sweep smoothly. The 21 Jewel movements, though basically reliable are not nearly as smooth as the ETA's because the second hand is not direct drive and the movement is lower beat.

3. It is usually the details that set a really great rep apart from a mediocre one. This is where the dealer comes in. Mary is BRILLIANT chiefly because she really cares about the watches she sells and as a result has great attention to detail. All the watches I've bought from her have well centered pearls, accurately lumed markers, tight SELs and perfectly aligned rehauts/crystals. - THIS is what makes a rep look genuine compared to another.

Hope this helps. Oh and I payed $245 for my ceramic sub.

All the best

Ska :thumbsup:

Brightlight

For $70 - $100 you'd be talking a second hand Swiss ETA movement and it would be advisable to factor in a clean and service. The dial for the 21J does not fit the ETA and would require replacing with the correct one or modding to fit. The hands also do not fit and would have to be replaced. Then there's the cost of having it done unless you can do the work yourself. So the saving may not be as great as you think!

Personally I would go for the asian clone ETA, it's a good movement though QC does not seem to be good so it could do with a service, and you have no problems with dial or hands. The 21J is a good movement but again QC is bad and they tend to be very variable, one can last a while, the next can fail within a week or two. You can replace it very cheaply but cannot get it serviced or repaired as parts are not available.

Eiderdaus

I do not agree 100% with ska regarding the ceramic sub black 116610 LN. Who will tell how the gen would look like unless it will be on the market for sale? I would agree on all the things ska mentioned but for me I would not buy a rep of a watch that is not available until now. I saw pictures from others on the web showing "gen" but I talked to my juwelery guy from Bucherer Swiss and he told me it is not available and that they didn´t get one in their hands until now. So the research of the rep producers must be quite good that they have information that Rolex specilized juweleries don´t have.

I think the reps of 116610 LN anre build on the based on the 116619LB and maybe it´s just the bracelet that differs but I would only be sure once the gen is available. On pictures it looks like that only the brushed bracelet would be the difference but to be honest I haven´t seen the new pearl on the 116619LB but on DSSD gen and the rep pearls all look funky to me. Could be just my impression.....

Silverspeed
I do not agree 100% with ska regarding the ceramic sub black 116610 LN. Who will tell how the gen would look like unless it will be on the market for sale? I would agree on all the things ska mentioned but for me I would not buy a rep of a watch that is not available until now. I saw pictures from others on the web showing "gen" but I talked to my juwelery guy from Bucherer Swiss and he told me it is not available and that they didn´t get one in their hands until now. So the research of the rep producers must be quite good that they have information that Rolex specilized juweleries don´t have.

I think the reps of 116610 LN anre build on the based on the 116619LB and maybe it´s just the bracelet that differs but I would only be sure once the gen is available. On pictures it looks like that only the brushed bracelet would be the difference but to be honest I haven´t seen the new pearl on the 116619LB but on DSSD gen and the rep pearls all look funky to me. Could be just my impression.....

Eiderdaus your jewellery guy is bullshitting you...the ceramic Sub 116610 is already released, just not on all markets yet

Eiderdaus

Eiderdaus your jewellery guy is bullshitting you...the ceramic Sub 116610 is already released, just not on all markets yet

I know that it is released since it was shown at Basel 2010 but do you know one juweller where it is available ? I think you can ask entire Germany and you won´t find one. Maybe it´s different in other countries but unless it´s not available in Germany I doubt it will be at Netherlands or somewhere else except maybe switzerland it self.

P.S: Nevertheless the pics from marys watches from ska look really good and I am not convinced that this discussion will help muss2k1 for making his decision :thumbsup:

dingle

great advice above. Just here to say welcome muss :Whistle:

mrtepax
I do not agree 100% with ska regarding the ceramic sub black 116610 LN. Who will tell how the gen would look like unless it will be on the market for sale?

I don't know if it has already been released or not, but on the official page of rolex you can check it out.

..and from the web page, I can tell that the one bought from Mary is very accurate, luming included. Its flaws are the ones already pointed out in other threads: shiny middle links, pearl a bit tto bulky, date fonts etc.

If you want the best one, choose Bk's, a little more expensive than Mary's one but it won't arrive so promptly as Mary's

Eiderdaus

thats what I said.....from the website comparison.....

and afaik BK is not offering 116610LN since WM9 is not producing this watch....so you should first be clear what model of sub rep you want to buy then decide from which dealer

and sorry to say...how will you describe the accuracy of lume since there are no lumeshots of the 116610LN. I have never seen chromalight lume in real that is used for 116610LN and for DSSD so I would be careful saying something about the lume.

Silverspeed

BK does offer the new black ceramic Sub, just not from WM9. http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6180

Lume on these ceramic subs are blue, scroll down for the fifth pic for the difference between the blue lume and the lume on the older models

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/116619/116619review.html

mrtepax

in the rolex web there is a shot of the DSSD lume: ok, it not the 16610LN, but I guess it is the same

I did not carry out an accurate analysis, but comparing the lume on the Mary's sub with the one on the linked page, They are very similar, especially if lighted by sunlight

Ska

As mentioned above:

1. The ceramic Sub IS on sale. In fact there is one on Display at Mappin & Webb (My local AD in Cambridge)

2. Regardless of point 1, there are numerous photos of it both on the Rolex Website and on many of the Gen-Rolex Fora.

3. Like with most reps, the sources for bracelets/watch heads are not always the same. (Hence why BK and Mary are selling the same Ceramic Sub heads with different bracelets.

4. The new pearls are very close to the gen for the 116610LN - Not perfect but that brings us back to my point about Mary's attention to detail.

5. Lume shots are widely available to use as comparison. (Obviously a photo is about a reliable as someone describing the colour over the phone but the sources are there)

Also - who cares about the precise shade of lume? I thought the whole point of this thread was to help a guy find the most CONVINCING sub NOT the most ACCURATE. There is a fundamental difference there unless Muss lives in a gated community populated solely by Rolex Factory Works Managers and Swatch Group Quality Control Officers.

Bottom line:

1. The ceramic subs from Mary and BK are probably in the top 5 most convincing and well made reps available.

2. If you want to go as far as date font and to get a brushed bracelet get one from BK

3. If you don't mind the date and getting out a scotch pad, get one from Mary.

4. The Clone ETA is probably your best shot at getting a balance between reliability, longevity and price but it would be advisable to get it serviced on arrival.

Eiderdaus

Ok, compared to that lume I have not seen any rep that provides such a bright blue lume. That looks awesome.

That is what I was saying: I don´t think that this discussion will help muss2k1 :facepalm:

"Also - who cares about the precise shade of lume? I thought the whole point of this thread was to help a guy find the most CONVINCING sub NOT the most ACCURATE. There is a fundamental difference there unless Muss lives in a gated community populated solely by Rolex Factory Works Managers and Swatch Group Quality Control Officers. "

you might be right but I do care and in my environment lot of guys wear gen rollies and they a re no expert but see the flaws within seconds. regarding the lume, espacially when you come from sunnyoutside into the elevator, when i see that someone has a sub on, I look on the lume. It could be only me....but at least 4 friends of mine do too

Member X

The lume on the Blue Cerachrome sub is amazingly "aqua blue" when it's lit by sunlight! It seems to be more green when lit by artificial light, but how often are the lights in a room so bright as to get a watch to lume a lot? lol The sun is a lot stronger :P

It's also very long lasting - I can get home an hour after sunset and my Blue sub will be the brightest thing in the box B) (bar a vial of Lum-Tec GX Lume :rofl: lol)

panto

so why do you guys insist on getting these serviced? like do it yourself? or if done somewhere else, how much does this run? I thought its like $100 to service these reps doesnt even seem worth it for a $200 watch....

Edited by panto

panto

anyone???????????

so why do you guys insist on getting these serviced? like do it yourself? or if done somewhere else, how much does this run? I thought its like $100 to service these reps doesnt even seem worth it for a $200 watch....

greg_r

Well, your choice is to service the watch - as with any other mechanical watch gen or rep, it needs doing periodically - or throw the thing away and buy a new one. If the watch is good, it seems to make sense to get it service, but it's your choice. As for cost, it depends on who you go to.