Sign in to follow this  
Pesman

My collection (pic heavy) - just 12 months of mayhem

Pesman

Hi All

Not sure of best forum for general displays of collections but thought here might be safest. Feel free to move if more appropriate elsewhere. I will also look to post specific reviews in appropriate sections but was keen to show what I have so far... Photo quality will be improved I promise but these will do for now :) and all being done via Tapatalk so fingers crossed it looks okay...

For 4 years I had worn nothing but my gen Tag Heur Calibre. My first proper watch bought to celebrate my first proper contract...

u8yny5ys.jpg

Then 12 months ago I chanced on an article about Christopher Ward watches and purchased a C9 Harrison for around £350. The love affair had begun....

raheju2u.jpg

From there the quest was on to find a pilots watch that rekindled the spirit of my old RAF Nav watch I'd been issued during my Air Force days. Returning it had been a mistake - the fine was only £50 as I recall for 'losing' it. Anyway after a bit of faffing I settled on a Steinhart Nav II chrono DLC

gu6ama2y.jpg

A watch I still haven't settled with for reasons I am unsure of. Maybe the vintage colours were a step too far however I seem unable to sell it just yet.

It was also become clear that 43mm and above was my size - hence I hadn't rebought a NATO watch as they seem to small now. I was also sold on automatics and my remaining quartz watches were despatched.

The search for the Nav watch had introduced me to IWC and the infamous Top Gun Chrono. When I saw the gen prices I had to seek an alternative as I just loved the size and look of the watches.

And so the usual journey into reps began. Falling for all the scams coveted in so much detail on here. 'Watches by James' and his blatant plugging of the poor quality over-priced iParadisiac reps took me hook and line and sinker.

Subsequently a spend of over £650 resulted in 4 very poor quality reps all of which are now binned and put down to experience.

And then a revelation... The discovery of this Forum. Suddenly you had genuine reviews, genuine TD's and a quality of rep that just knocked scammers into the shade.

So here to finish is 6 months worth of purchases.

The Breitling Abyss 44mm in Yellow. Came with SS strap but I have replaced with a nice yellow and black leather...purchased from TS Watches

5yjebejy.jpg

Next the Breitling Avenger Sea Wolf Chrono. Purchased from Reg after an enquiry about something complete different. A top bloke.

e8a2u4a8.jpg

A Classic Breitling Navitimer in blue from TS watches. Too small for my wrist so will be going up for sale once I qualify for M2M. Will be replaced by the new larger 01 or a Montbrilliant

y8e4uvev.jpg

A Ulysse Nardin maxi marine wave from TS Watches. Love the look of this watch but not sure if rep is the best. May look out a better one soon. Perfect size though and love dial.

ju9y8yqa.jpg

Had to get one.... An IWC Top Gun V2 (I think) from TS Watches. Struggled to get on with strap and it is a very noisy winder compared to the better reps. Currently sitting on a rubber strap. Strange how the one you want the most disappoints most.

havaqy7e.jpg

A Paneri Daylight Chrono. Purchased of a work Collegue so no idea of quality, heritage or age but works a treat and looks much better than I thought a Paneri would

mevequ8y.jpg

A Cartier calibre from Watches International. Purchased entirely via email with a request for her to choose the model she regarded the closest. I was not disappointed and I will be using her again

y3utepy9.jpg

A Cartier Santos 100 super rep bought M2M last week. Apparently this was modified by a renowned TD unfortunately now passed away. It's a beauty and will be well cared for.

te3a6a2y.jpg

What I have found though is that the purchase of reps has created a love of watches beyond what I imagined. As a result funds have been found to purchase some Gens I deem worthy of the expense.

So to finish...,,

A Breitling Sky Racer in blue. Currently being refurbed but this is an early wrist shot

yruquraq.jpg

And a Bremont MB II because I love the story - now on a HR Kevlar strap that just works better than their own leather

dy3azepa.jpg

Thanks for getting this far.

baxter

Really nice collection P !! Love the Bremont :thumbsup:

Pesman

Cheers. It's a keeper for sure. When they service it! Cost includes a new band so I will be going orange at some point! Picked it up second hand on EBay from the US. Much better prices over there even if customs slammed me :)

kamma

Great collection for only 12 months :thumbsup2:

wqleow

Thanks for sharing. That abyss chronograph looks wicked!

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, I may be springing for a Gen Bremont at some point. Those are very attractive watches -- Clean, classic, crisp.

Edited by Afdaddy

Flipper81

Love bremonts it's one thing I want but will have to wait

Calcidose

Very nice collection.

machiavegli

Nice work in a short time!!!! Look forward to seeing updates!

-Mach

BadPickle

Great post, nice collection, pity about the air force pilot watch. That bremont is really nice. :thumbsup:

hsmooth

Nice collection!

Pharmo

Brilliant collection there mate :)

DR3M3L

Lovely collection mate! Keep them coming :D

Pesman

Cheers for the feedback. Steinhart has bitten the dust and is currently sat on eBay awaiting a new owner..,

3 more inbound for Feb though :)

janus

Nice collection mate!

Monty010

Good looking collection mate. On to the next 12 months ;)

idlehands

Collection like this in my future...I hope :)

Waytall

Very nice collection, Cartiers don't usually do it for me, but that santos is reallynice

StrutsBajs

Nice collection!

FCarvi

Nice collection!! really nice pieces, good luck with the addiction.

alanfast

nice collection...

Pesman

I need to update this. A lot has changed! See below

94b5edc2e5716cf1cf4304b1b97e9fc4.jpg

Flipper81

Wow that's quite a change and expansion, where has the bremont gone?

Pesman

In the safe with my gens... This is just the reps and cheaper gens

I need to get out more!