Sign in to follow this  
rojo495

Wanted-Cellini Case Back

rojo495

I have a 18K Gen Rolex Cellini. Unfortunately, I lost the snap-on case back at airport security. Although this handwind men's dress watch is seldom replicated, I thought that I'd check before I went off and had a new case back machined (SS is OK).

I believe that it is a Geneve Cellini 5115/9 with a Cal 1602 movement. The case back is flat with an OD of 32mm and the ID of 29.25mm. The "lip" that press fits into the case is ~1mm deep.

This is a shot in the dark, but pointing me to a dealer who handles rep Cellini's or a parts source would be greatly appreciated. Another option would be to sell what I have to an interested party. Thanks...

Grammio

I believe some pics would not go a miss

rojo495

As the tag shows... I'm a newbie. I'll give uploading images a shot and tell me if it works. I used the Photobucket technique outlined in the forum.

The URL is: http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/97b30935/library/Cellini?sort=3&page=1

This is the URL for an album (front, side, and back) rather than individual photos. These are BW photos of something close to my watch (since I no longer have the back).

As I said, it's a YG men's hand-wind dress watch, but I will take what I can get as far as case back material (SS works). I've started exploring machining one out of 316L stainless steel with a #8 finish. If I can't get a replica case back, that's the way I will go. Any lead on someone who specializes in this type of small machining job would be appreciated.

I really like the watch, so want to try and recover. I contacted RLX-Dallas to see if they had something that would work, but (as usual) the fix was going to cost more than the watch.

Thanks for the interest in my problem...