Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

quality m2m on RWI

elp

Wow. Price seems high for a rep, especially considering what you could get a used gen for, but also the staff seem somewhat defensive in that thread? I haven't spent much time on RWI, I can only imagine the tone & approach would be very different here under the same circumstances.

Kleen™

You'd never be allowed to sell an unmodified 300 dollar rep for 1200,- here. As you shouldn't...

Frankt8242

Wow!!...Only triple what I paid for this, BNIB in 2002:

101_0078.jpg

Oh and BTW, mine is a gen!!

Frankt8242

I wonder if Eddie still lurks around these forums...He'd be laughing his ass off at this!!.. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

stevok2305

OK I can appreciate that the box etc is original and impossible to come by but wouldnt pay $1200 for a rep even if it was hand made by angels!!!!

Wonder WHY the mods are so protective of this one?

Edited by stevok2305

Odyseus
OK I can appreciate that the box etc is original and impossible to come by but wouldnt pay $1200 for a rep even if it was hand made by angels!!!!

Wonder WHY the mods are so protective of this one?

Yes puzzling isn't ?? But as the 1st mod said "My guess is the market will determine this watches value."

True of any M2M sale!!

dfq23

The reason they give is that it's out of production so anyone with a v2 heritage get over there and you can pay your mortgage off!

Wriggles

Out of production and rare doesn't pre-determine any value, particularly this massive hike in price. Demand and supply determines value. As a rare item the supply is small so really demand will determine it's value which is the market....be interesting to see how low this will have to drop before selling.

I personally think the price is just taking the absolute piss....if it was a rare gen might be some justification but it's a rep at used gen prices. Fuck that

1littlegreen

Just saw this....I will name names....

Q5 protecting the sale....when it was stated that market will determine value, then the market SHOULD determine the value, not the mod

Rediculous.....

RichardMiami

..when it was stated that market will determine value, then the market SHOULD determine the value, not the mod

This forum is different from the other forums. We do not let market forces determine the value of a sale. We believe strongly that the sense of community here outweighs any profit.

You are always free to offer your watches on the other fora, but for here we may remove such a sale without notice.

NOTE this from Sales Rule #3:

This forum MUST NOT BE USED FOR SELLING FOR PROFIT. If you are attempting to sell an item for the same or higher than normal used cost, then there needs to be a good reason - i.e. modifications, rarity etc.

1littlegreen

I know Richard, just venting. I'm sure most feel this post next door is just as rediculous as I do.

As for the mod protecting the sale, not letting others comment on pricing, to me, is not letting the market deterimine value of the item.

Sorry for not being clearer, was heated when I posted above.

RichardMiami

All is good. I was posting primarily for the clarification of others reading this thread.... you just gave me a excuse to do it!

just as we rehearsed! ;)

Aren
:lmao2: hilarious!

elp

I know Richard, just venting. I'm sure most feel this post next door is just as rediculous as I do.

As for the mod protecting the sale, not letting others comment on pricing, to me, is not letting the market deterimine value of the item.

Sorry for not being clearer, was heated when I posted above.

agreed.

I understand the rationale for letting the market decide the price - offer what you think reasonable, etc. - but isn't part of that process allowing people to comment if they thought the price was too high? There seemed to be censorship of negative comments going on, which to me smacks of influencing market perceptions that the price is fair when the market clearly was disagreeing ...

Anyway, not my watch, no intention of bidding, so if the seller makes his money (and profit) and the buyer is happy with what he bought for the price (assuming he can afford it :lol:) then as Klink would say ... life is good.

bens1

Where do you think the seller got his price from? Perhaps he needs the funds to buy the equivalent of 3 Super Reps? Perspective??

andyboy

Where do you think the seller got his price from? Perhaps he needs the funds to buy the equivalent of 3 Super Reps? Perspective??

No he has just got chubby fingers and hit the 0 button twice.

1littlegreen

All is good. I was posting primarily for the clarification of others reading this thread.... you just gave me a excuse to do it!

just as we rehearsed! ;)

Exactly!!! :lol:

bens1

:Rolf

I'm really interested to see the progress of this sale; mod's questioning market sentiment makes me a little uneasy...

Frankt8242

I posted a negative(sort of) comment on the thread before reading all the previous posts...I wonder if they'll ban me or pull my VIP status...???

But really...This DOES look like an April 1st type post!! :giggle: :giggle:

dfq23

Hopefully there is no beak wetting going on

1littlegreen

I knew I should have sold my Wempe next door.... :lmao:

elp

Will they accept a 5k homage tinkered PAM? It has rarity value ...

RUSH2112

I like how it's $1200 AND another $25 for shipping. Gotta get that extra $25

Monty010
i think it's reasonable for a shipping price seeing the selling price is such a bargain :lol:

elp
i think it's reasonable for a shipping price seeing the selling price is such a bargain :lol:

Not only that, think of the resale value ... it's an investment ... next month on RWI 3x minimum!