Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

quality m2m on RWI

Monty010
I like how it's $1200 AND another $25 for shipping. Gotta get that extra $25
i think it's reasonable for a shipping price seeing the selling price is such a bargain :lol:

Not only that, think of the resale value ... it's an investment ... next month on RWI 3x minimum!

nah if I'd flip it for 3x that I'd go to repgeek;)

greg_r

Okay - some slight misperceptions going on here.

1. The watch concerned is regarded to be the best rep of that model ever produced. (How true that is, I have no clue - it's one Omega model I have never had any interest in).

2. Rarity does indeed create demand - and therefore premium prices. I remember the figures that EL Fiddys were fetching before Robert came up with the PWC Ultimate Fiddy (and even now, they fetch prices that I would personally consider ridiculous).

3. Anything linked to Eddie Lee sells for $$$$$$$$$ whether good or not.

RWI staff have been absolutely correct to take the approach they have given the rules of the board. The market will indeed settle the matter - having said that, my view is that it is hideously overpriced and I hope that nobody at RWI is stupid enough to buy it...

JohnG

Anything linked to Eddie Lee sells for $$$$$$$$$ whether good or not.

I am not seeing that anymore. There are probably a dozen guys left on all the forums who even remember when EL was selling. I have seen quite a few people TRY to price his stuff high (not this high though) just to have it sit there for days with no comments except for "bump" from the OP every 12 hours or so. That is the way this thread will go, EL or no EL. Fortunately, that price is high enough to scare off even the most ignorant noobs. :lol:

Dr Yan

He should vintagise it and sell it for twice that on RG :rofl:

Del

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here or on RWI. I understand the rarity and apparent "best version" status of the watch in question but, quite simply, it is not worth $1200. End of IMO.

Vbmrk
I especially like how TB "approved" the sales.........lol

TB approved it??? Where??

Apologies, meant frigpig, not TB.

wolfwood

So is Eddie Lee something like Little Hero? I see some of their stuffs on M2M sometimes for sale at a premium price but seem to just sit there. I can't imagine the current reps are not at least close if not surpass the quality unless they are special mod guys like TC's Rolex or Marlin's PAM 127 which have much better movements.

Mazz

If I remember correctly Robert (RIP) told me that Eddies Pams were so good (for the time) that Panerai hunted him down and put him out of business

Steve227

It's a gen EL fake, some people love that shit, not on here fortunately. What was Hannum's phrase?

"There's a sucker born every minute."

JohnG is bang on tho, most don't know who EL is (me included) and prob shouldn't care. The standard of rep is so good these days, what's the point??

JohnG

So is Eddie Lee something like Little Hero? I see some of their stuffs on M2M sometimes for sale at a premium price but seem to just sit there. I can't imagine the current reps are not at least close if not surpass the quality...

Exactly.

People paid up to and more than $1000 for LH stuff and now the noob V3 is BETTER. Imagine their frustration when they try to get back their investment. They try to play up how good it was back in the day, which it was. Today? They are mediocre reps. Anyone could build a better "limited edition" Bond FRANKEN for a hell of a lot less than what that jackass is asking.

Steve227

This ^^^^

stevok2305

And not only that but he's selling it to buy a fucking gun?????? :suicide:

Technojunkie

Worse than that, it's "another gun" to add to his increasing collection ! :gunbandana:

JohnG

Worse than that, it's "another gun" to add to his increasing collection ! :gunbandana:

The-Most-Tactical-AR15-EVER-618x412.jpg

JohnG
This combo is better than mint condition!!!

Wow, BETTER than mint. That explains the $1200 price tag. :rofl:

I am not immune to being reasonable...

Resistant, but not immune.

I have sold all but these last 4 in my rep collection exclusively with RWI simply because I choose this forum over all others, not only because I like it the most, but because I feel the members here appreciate the art of the reps the most!

:facepalm:

ag69

Now the seller is asking if anyone would be interested in a price drop. I'm assuming everyone reading the M2M thread is thinking, FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!

stevok2305

Now the seller is asking if anyone would be interested in a price drop. I'm assuming everyone reading the M2M thread is thinking, FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!

I posted there to that effect!

stevok2305

He's now dropped it to $1000. If he drops it to around $400 it might be worth considering if only for the gen box.

dfq23

Plus fees and postage still of course

stevok2305

ok call it $350 then :giggle:

JohnG

I could care less if he drops it to $200, I am not interested. That said, I am curious how much he ends up selling it for. I am going to laugh like hell when it comes in at $400.

Frankt8242

I wonder how much my El(alleged by the guy who sold it to me 10 yrs ago!!) 217 would be worth over there...???

IIRC, I paid @$125.00 for it back then with a faulty movement...

Monty010

We'll seeing that a speedmaster quartz with white date wheel @6 sold for 150$ over there. I think this will sell for 1000 :wink:

dfq23

Down to $500 plus fees now for just the watch although another user has pointed out the blue on it is wrong compared to his gen

Frankt8242

The box and papers are probably worth triple what the watch is...So I'd say: $400. total value at best...And having said that, who NEEDS a genuine box and papers that isn't planning to run a scam...??? :giggle: :giggle: