Sign in to follow this  
registratie.internet

AP 15400 Review

registratie.internet

Hi everyone,

Got my 15400 a couple of weeks ago and overall it's a good watch.

At the very first moment I wasn't completely satisfied with the placement of the bezel , but it's hard to notice when you're wearing the watch.

The most important thing, the watch works well, the automatic movement is very nice and date/time are pretty accurate.

AP_zpsd90edbbf.png

Iz3fuy

Nice watch, congrats, enjoy!

Rolexwatchman

At the very first moment I wasn't completely satisfied with the placement of the bezel , but it's hard to notice when you're wearing the watch.

eh... what did you mean "placement of the bezel"?

jakgumbo

where did you pick this one up?

_DC_

eh... what did you mean "placement of the bezel"?

You missed it, it was a whole big thing with QC pics getting posted in a thread and a load of arguments over it, the bezel is slightly wokky, or it's just the lighting that makes it look wokky, depends whose side you take lol!

DC

Kleen™

That bezel would drive me insane...

_DC_
That bezel would drive me insane...

Me too, no two ways about it, that bezel is crazy wonky, personally that would be a returned watch for me!!!

DC

Calcidose

Nice, congrats.

George.

I'd only ever see that bezel unfortunately :(

What happened with that? I seem to remember the QC pics did not clearly show this problem

_DC_

What happened with that? I seem to remember the QC pics did not clearly show this problem

The QC pics did clearly show it, but a bunch of people said it was "just the lighting" which was utter bollocks, it was so blatant! Poor bloke he'd already approved them though (otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to post them)!

DC

George.

The QC pics did clearly show it, but a bunch of people said it was "just the lighting" which was utter bollocks, it was so blatant! Poor bloke he'd already approved them though (otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to post them)!

DC

That sucks.. It's certainly made me look at them far more closely now though however

Daywatch

Congrats on the AP 15400 and thanks for the pics. We need them much bigger so - huge macroshots to better analyse that bezel-thingy. Just kidding, very happy with my bezel - that is - until now. Have to stop reading reviews :) And this watch gives it all- wonderfully unique SS bracelet and one of the nicest views of the back too. Wear it well, my pair says hello

IMG_0852_zps2e4d018e.jpg

jingo.smile

Oh now I see, the bezel is slightly off.

Man that would drive me insane :/

Odyseus

I assume that the bezel is screwed on? In which case they have drilled the case wrong (batch issue maybe).

I agree that small flaws like this can drive you up the wall. Did the TD get informed??

Amit

Glued on in this model I believe.

sardonix

It is a great watch i like it better in fit and comfort as the more bulky ROO's bracelet is also absolute stunning.

Do not know what price/version the one is from OP.

But mine screems quality, was picked up in Bangkok, powered by swiss eta nicely serviced and AR crystal.

YKavnOm.jpg

UTdAtOL.jpg

UyXQ8Vo.jpg

Rolexwatchman

Yours looks much better!!! Im picking up my from TT

_DC_
Congrats on the AP 15400 and thanks for the pics. We need them much bigger so - huge macroshots to better analyse that bezel-thingy. Just kidding, very happy with my bezel - that is - until now. Have to stop reading reviews :) And this watch gives it all- wonderfully unique SS bracelet and one of the nicest views of the back too. Wear it well, my pair says hello

IMG_0852_zps2e4d018e.jpg

That chronograph is stunning, is it a quartz or 7750?! And where'd you get it?! I've been hunting for one just like it!!!!

DC

Rolexwatchman

just received qc photos, I didn't notice wrong angle? anyway, I confirmed that he can send it... :P I was fine as far I saw it on mine.

_DC_

IMG_0852_zps2e4d018e.jpg

PS: Love the Jaguar XJ220 background, now that is pure class!!!

DC

Daywatch

Thx DC - It´s the Ap Leo Messi Chrono (in black its nicer), same size at the AP 15400 but smaller dial, 11,8 mm thin with screwable chronostoppers (like the Daytona). Main seconds hand is locked at 12 or sweeps when in use, its a Myota Microstepper Quartz movement. Seconds at 6 in the sub-dial tick and unfortunately sub-dials are somewhat wrong compared to gen.

Goes for just 148 (or 158) from TD Kuvarsit. Quality is very good ++, the strap could be better but I will not change it. (Thin but comfortable, nice clasp) It would take the bracelet of the AP 15400aplmIMG_1449.jpgif You file it off a little (less than 1/2 mm on the top right side) but I did not want to damage it and put it back on the APRO. Anyway it´s a great office watch if You don´t mind quartz. As said main seconds hand sweeps which is a very nice feature when using the chrono. Hands and sticks are lumed but its weak rep lume - still can read time in a totally dark room. For the price it´s a keeper.

boneone

what´s the best Royal Oak 41mm 15400? miyota9015 or A2824 from PT?

A2824 has a better dial or?

miyota9015 has a better decorated movement.

_DC_
Thx DC - It´s the Ap Leo Messi Chrono (in black its nicer), same size at the AP 15400 but smaller dial, 11,8 mm thin with screwable chronostoppers (like the Daytona). Main seconds hand is locked at 12 or sweeps when in use, its a Myota Microstepper Quartz movement. Seconds at 6 in the sub-dial tick and unfortunately sub-dials are somewhat wrong compared to gen.

Goes for just 148 (or 158) from TD Kuvarsit. Quality is very good ++, the strap could be better but I will not change it. (Thin but comfortable, nice clasp) It would take the bracelet of the AP 15400aplmIMG_1449.jpgif You file it off a little (less than 1/2 mm on the top right side) but I did not want to damage it and put it back on the APRO. Anyway it´s a great office watch if You don´t mind quartz. As said main seconds hand sweeps which is a very nice feature when using the chrono. Hands and sticks are lumed but its weak rep lume - still can read time in a totally dark room. For the price it´s a keeper.

They're calling it the Lionel Messi on Kuvarsits website but it's not a Lionel Messi at all, the LM doesn't have a Tappiserie dial, this is the Royal Oak chronograph an it's superb, great rep, I may have to invest!! Didn't know anyone did a decent rep of this, so thanks!!

DC

Kleen™

It has Leo Messi engraved on the caseback...

_DC_
It has Leo Messi engraved on the caseback...

That's as maybe but still isn't a Leo Messi, the other two dial and metal colours are Leo Messi's with non-textured dial, but the white dial one is a ref 26320 but on leather strap rather than steel bracelet, trust!!!

DC