Sign in to follow this  
unclestu

REPLICAMAKE REVIEW FROM A NEWBIE

unclestu

Hello everyone I am UNCLESTU and I am a newbie to this wonderful world of replica watch collecting. As a newbie I know that there is probably very little that I can offer to all of you seasoned and experienced collectors on this forum. But I do know the difference between good and bad and it will be in that light that I would like to share my experiences with one of the dealers on this forums trusted dealer list. That dealer is REPLICAMAKE.

Replicamake is a dealer located in China. When I went to the website I found that the site offered a vast array of watches in all price ranges and the site was very user friendly. Being a newbie I had questions, lots of questions so I posted my question via the sites contact page and I was delighted to receive a reply in less than two (2) minutes. As a footnote I also visited several other sites from the trusted dealer list but the identity of those dealers shall remain nameless as one of them took over a week to reply and the others didn't reply agt all. In the reply that I received from Lay at Replicamake my question was answered with great clarity indicating that language would not be a concern. In the reply I was also invited to use the online chat feature that the site has available. This way, I was told by Lay, he can ansere all of my questions in a more fluid manner. Being a newbie this was music to my ears. After spending several hours chatting with Lay I realized that I was onto a good thing here. I realized that I had found newbie Nirvana and a new friend in Lay Haut as well. I can say with absolutely no reservation that Lay is the most patient person I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. At no time did I ever feel that my numerous questions were simply being tolerated and answered with simple one word answerers. To the contrary Lay embraced my questioning as an opportunity to educate a fellow watch lover and he provided me with an abundance of useful information. I must admit that at times I had trouble keeping up with all of the links that Lay so eagerly provided to me in his quest to help me make a wise and informed choice about purchasing a replica watch. Lay left no stone unturned in guiding me through the maze of choices that are out there but he never said what he thought I wanted to hear in order to make a quick sale. To the contrary Lay often steered me away from a more expensive watch when he thought that the quality was not up to the standards that I expressed. When we finally landed on the choice for my first purchase, and despite the fact that I suffered from what most newbies suffer from and that is the over eager need for instant gratification, lay suggested that he not ship the watch out right away. By the way the watch that I chose as my first purchase with Lay was the all black Hublot Big Bang Full Ceramic. his reason was that he wanted to QC it and test it on his meter for accuracy. In addition he informed me that he wanted to send me a video and photos of the exact watch that I was to get. He said this takes time but he only wants to release a perfect product that I would be happy with. I asked myself if this was a dream. Earlier I stated that I realized that I was onto a good thing. Let me re-phrase that, I new that I was onto a GREAT THING!!!! Well the video and pictures arrived as promised via my email and an apology was extended along with a suggestion. The suggestion was to replace the rotor with an engraved rotor as is the case with the gen. Lay told me that he had been waiting for these engraved V2 rotors for a long time and that they should finally arrive on the following day. Here I am a newbie suffering from delayed instant gratification disorder and I have this guy in China telling me that I should wait yet another day for an engraved rotor. I didn't even know what a rotor was but Lay had earned my trust and as it turned out having an engraved rotor on a Hublot is in fact a very good thing to have. This is just one example of the kind of dealer Replicamake is. I have learned that there is very little in the way of quality control in the factories that make these watches. That is why your choice of a dealer is so important. For the most part it is going to be that dealer who will in effect become your quality control dept. You want a dealer that will not hesitate to tell you that you will have to wait a little while longer because the watch that he got from the factory is making a strange sound when winding it. Sure you can return it to the dealer if it arrives making strange noises. Who wants to have to pay the shipping costs to China from the USA? Not I and I am sure not you either.

Yes I am newbie but I figure things out pretty fast and what I have figured out about the replica watch industry is this: It is in my humble opinion that when a person chooses to make a purchase of a replica watch what that person is actually buying is not the watch but the dealer selling the watch. It seems to me that just about any replica watch made with the exception of the few boutique entrées such as WM9 can be had by just about any dealer. A Noobfactory sub from dealer "x" is the same as a Noobfactory sub being sold by dealer "Z". What ultimately makes one Noobfactory sub better than another is to a small extent price and to a larger extent the dealer selling the watch. Does the dealer drop ship? Does the dealer QC the watch? Does the dealer make any mods to the factory specs.? I am not even going to mention any of the fraudulent practices that we have all heard horror stories about. After all we all know better than to be doing business with a dealer not on the recommended list. It is for all of these reasons that I have chose to buy not just one watch from Replicamake but three (3) watches for my first order and another two (2) next week. You really gets to know a person pretty well after you have spent over seven hours chatting online with that person in the course of two days. Lay Haut is a very honest, hard working person of high integrity. He is always there when you need him I never had to wait more than a few minutes for a reply to a question. If he does not have what you want he can source it for you and I feel that there is no reason for me to shop any place else.

If you to want to be treated like family and not just a customer just say you want to be treated like UNCLESTU and you to can experience the level of satisfaction that I am enjoying at Replicamake I strongly recommend Replicamake I will buy all of my watches from Lay at Replicamake with the exception of my WM9YM that I purchased from BK.

As is with everything in life nothing is perfect. Not even Replicamake. If you are a newbie in need of hand holding do not do it on Saturday. You will spend a lot of time on the chat. Saturday is a very busy day. I recommend that you always confirm that the watch you want is in stock. In stock and being available seem to have two different meanings. Being available means that the factory has not ceased production. A watch could be available but the factory might not resume production for that particular watch for several months but technically it is available. In stock means hands on available. I would like to see the website have the ability to search by price high to low or visa versa.

WATCHES PURCHASED FROM REPLICAMAKE

1) HB02102 BING BANG ALL BLACK LIMITED EDITION FULL CERAMIC A-7750

2) PM10401 LUMINOR MARINA PAM 104 (BEST VERSION) RUBBER A-7750

3) CARTIER BALLOON BLUE SS SWISS ETA2824 DOUBLE ROW DIAMOND

WATCHES BEING PURCHASED NEXT WEEK

1) RD02102 ROGER DUBUIS EASY DIVER CHRONOEXCEL A-7750 WHITE

2)AP05403 AUDEMARS PIGUET JUAN PABLO MONTOYA RG A-7750 BLACK

TO BE CONTINUED

THIS REVIEW WILL BE UPDATED AS THE ORDER PROCESS PROCEEDS

THE REVIEW WILL BE CONCLUDED UPON DELIVERY OF THE WATCHES PURCHASED FROM REPLICAMAKE.

AT WHICH TIME I WILL PROVIDE MANY PHOTO'S AND A SHORTENED CONDENSED VERSION OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH REPLICAMAKE

Edited by unclestu

Baldrick

So, are you Lay's Uncle, Stu ?

prestigewatchco

Jesus if the questions were anything like the post he deserves the business!

Also in all this

1) HUBLOT BIG BANG FULL CERAMIC ALL BLACK SWISS MOVEMENT

Are you sure about this?

I personally have never seen a Swiss Hublot Big bang only Asain 7750 and with either high beat 28800 or low beat 21600 movements

They may well exist but they are not the normal

Baldrick

:)

This has to be a 'paid' review, c'mon!

AllergyDoc

P_Diddy

can you write in BIGGER paragraphs :)

my eyes hurt after trying to read that.

JC7

GOOD LORD! I've order from Lay several times and got good service but daaaaaaaaaang. In my opinion this is all the more credit to replicamake if they can handle this guy. LMAO :)

Brightlight

A dealer who can spend 7 hours on chat?? Wait! I swear there is a pig flying past my window.......................

nunu78

In my opinion Lay should start online courses on Patience, as I even can't finish the whole review thingy,man I never drink in my life but believe me I need something......... Bravo Lay if u still manage to get the buisness from this kind of a customers. 7 hr chat wow.

JC7
A dealer who can spend 7 hours on chat?? Wait! I swear there is a pig flying past my window.......................

Please repeat your last statement as I can't stop staring at your avatar. Thank you soo much!!

Brightlight

Please repeat your last statement as I can't stop staring at your avatar. Thank you soo much!!

sorry, I couldn't possibly do that :)

alistairw

I agree love the Brightlight's avatar.

Was that a review or the Magna Carta?

onzenuub

Great pics Doc.

inverness

in all my years, in all the forums, I have never seen a post that more blatantly screams "advert"

maybe unclestu should use my business, I need the free advertising!!

Member X

lol

The guy's new and excited, give him a break ;)

Thanks for the review, Stu. If it is all true (we must all be sceptics until proven otherwise!) then that's great service, and hopefully Lay will be able to maintain that level of service if he gets busier, which he surely will if he's good ;)

greg_r

;)

Okay guys, calm down. Stu is obviously impressed with RM and a little over-excited, but whilst the praise may be effusive, it ain't any kind of advert. ;)

Lay is a helluva good dealer - which is why we invited him here. Expect to see a lot more glowing reviews in the coming weeks ;)

dingle

cliff notes version-------> RM is great. Thanks for letting me share. :)

:D

congrats unclestu :Whistle:

unclestu

Also in all this

Are you sure about this?

I personally have never seen a Swiss Hublot Big bang only Asain 7750 and with either high beat 28800 or low beat 21600 movements

My mistake It was late when I made the post. You are correct it is the a7750 28800 bph. Thanks for the correction. I will edit the post.

unclestu

AS hard to believe as it might seem to you what I said is true with no exaggeration. I strongly recommend not chatting with Lay on a Saturday if you have a lot of questions and requests for watches that he might no have in stock. My chat session with Lay this past Saturday lasted a total of 5 hours. Pleas understand that over this time span he was sending me many links to watches that I was interested in which I in turn had to copy and paste in order to view on another page, he was also checking availability and I am sure conducting business with other customers. I am sorry that you find this so hard to believe. I found it hard to believe myself. He was like a broken dam flowing with an endless supply of links and information. I was not kidding when I said I had trouble keeping up with him. So you need not worry about pig poop falling on your head :D LOL

unclestu
In my opinion Lay should start online courses on Patience, as I even can't finish the whole review thingy,man I never drink in my life but believe me I need something......... Bravo Lay if u still manage to get the buisness from this kind of a customers. 7 hr chat wow.

Actually patience is one of the things that Lay had spoken with me about. It seems that many customer are to impatient when it come to getting their watches. It seems that many do not understand that at times a watch arrives to the dealer in an unsatisfactory condition. There are some dealers who will just ship it as is to the customer. Hence the postings about watches arriving D.O.A. Lay will rather send the watch back to the factory and get one that is right. This requires patience on the part of the customer. A quality unfortunately lacking in many customers as well as many dealers. I hope my words didn't send you to drink:) LOL

And yes Lay got my business and will continue to get all of my business as I will be making a very large collection.

unclestu

Also in all this

Are you sure about this?

You make me laugh. It is so ironic that you of all people are making comments about my questions. You are one of the dealers who never responded to me when I asked you just one simple question. You are right though Lay deserves my business that is why I purchsed three watches so far and another two next week just for starters. Its all about the dealer

greg_r

Stu. Most dealers will expect you to do your research first. Lay may have been in a chatty mood, but few dealers will have the time to do that - and I doubt that Lay will be doing it very often - especially if he starts picking up a lot of business from our members.

ReplicaMake is a damned good dealer - one of the best around, but so is PrestigeWatchCo. Please do not turn this into a slanging match. Thank you.

Brightlight

Problem is unclestu, when a newbie comes out with such a long and glowing testimonial to what is essentially a new dealer on the forum, of course it is treated with suspicion, it is a common tactic of scammers and looks too much like a planted advertisement. Now it seems you were genuine in what you wrote but it might have been better if it was just a couple of lines and less effusive. Still no harm done and nice to know I don't have to worry about flying pig shit :D

unclestu
in all my years, in all the forums, I have never seen a post that more blatantly screams "advert"

maybe unclestu should use my business, I need the free advertising!!

At first I was not even going to respond to this but I than realized that people might get the wrong idea about Lay Haut who was a very nice and extremely patient man and dealer. Let me make this perfectly clear I am not being compensated in any way from anyone. I just wanted to do the right thing for what I believe to be a very good dealer who treated me royaly. Everything I stated is true. Try him out and see for yourself.

unclestu
Stu. Most dealers will expect you to do your research first. Lay may have been in a chatty mood, but few dealers will have the time to do that - and I doubt that Lay will be doing it very often - especially if he starts picking up a lot of business from our members.

ReplicaMake is a damned good dealer - one of the best around, but so is PrestigeWatchCo. Please do not turn this into a slanging match. Thank you.

Hi Greg,

We never had the pleasure to talk before. Please allow me to say how much I like this forum and all of the information that I recieved. As you can see in my review it was never my intention to name any dealer that neglected to reply to a simple one question that was sent via email. However, the irony overcame me. I know that Prestige watch is a great dealer as well. To bad that he didn't reply he probably would have gotten my five watch sale and my future patronage as well. You know the old saying "You snooz you loose" Maybe he was just very busy.

Let me further address the issue people have with the length of my chat session with Lay. This amount of time was not non stop chatting. I was getting numerous links and choices above and beyond what I initialy inquired about. Lay was like an endless river of information and links. All that has a lot of down time associated with cut and pasteing links and so on. It was not what I had in mind (5 houres on chat) for a Saturday afternoon. But Lay was so helpful and informative and one thing led to another which ultimatly led to a sale for Lay of five (5) watches.

I have come to know Lay Haut very well. I now consider him a friend. I respect a man that lives in a country that is not his own so that he can earn a living to support his family back home. What ever I wrote about how great a dealer Lay is was not exaggerated in the least. I am not a plant I am a real customer and I will continue my review as the order process continues to move forward. I will than conclude the review with my impressions of the watches when they arrive with lots of photos. I am doing this out of gratitude for the great service that I was given by Replicamake and Lay. I am not compensated in any way.....

I hope that this cleares up any skepticism that people might have. All I can say is give him a shot and see for yourself.