Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[HD VIDEO & PICS] Seagull 1963 China Air Force watch reissue

KeNnY

A previous discussion that we had on here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=66832

And a write up using our very own Trailboss's watch itself http://horologium.co...l-1963-reissue/

really nice ! didn't know this ! :)

Col has great taste ! :lol:

what a fantastic pick up. I am jealous. Not every great watch has to be Swiss!!

Knoffie

thank you my friend ! I agree !!! :)

Calcidose

Nice.

Enjoy.

OLDBLOKE74

Just my cup of tea that

I am going to have to order one before they run out because the whole forum is after one

KeNnY

Nice.

Enjoy.

Thank you mate :lol:

Just my cup of tea that

I am going to have to order one before they run out because the whole forum is after one

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: yeah I wonder how they would react in one day 100 pcs order , I would be like, WTF :lol:

trksh-bzr

I've been thinking about this watch for a couple of months...nice buy there!

KeNnY

There is also a PVD version for you PVD lovers :lol:

web-1.jpg

web-2.jpg

Pseudonym
There is also a PVD version for you PVD lovers :lol:

web-1.jpg

web-2.jpg

Very nice indeed!

KeNnY

:lol:

well how many ordered so far ???

1. KeNnY

trailboss99

You will love it Kenny, it's a bloody beautiful watch. Mine has barely been off my wrist since it arrived.

The dial is amazing, kinda like a YM dial but it's not quite silver and not quite gold. The low light readability is freaky, unless it's black as coal you can still read it easily, the contrast between the dail and the blued hands is that good.

One thing to be aware of, it is NOT water resistant at all! While a bit of rain shouldn't do it any harm I doubt it would take a dunking without needing a dryout afterwards.

KeNnY

You will love it Kenny, it's a bloody beautiful watch. Mine has barely been off my wrist since it arrived.

The dial is amazing, kinda like a YM dial but it's not quite silver and not quite gold. The low light readability is freaky, unless it's black as coal you can still read it easily, the contrast between the dail and the blued hands is that good.

One thing to be aware of, it is NOT water resistant at all! While a bit of rain shouldn't do it any harm I doubt it would take a dunking without needing a dry out afterwards.

Thank you Col ! Now I know I will !! :lol: yeah when I was looking at pics , at low light the dial simply POPs out unbelievable ! :)

yeah water resistant like the moon watch with swapped plexi crystal, the same :D so 0 ATM, no water :)

I should get it tomorrow I hope ! :)

OLDBLOKE74

just bought one, the guy i was emailing told me that he was getting loads of enquiries today, KeNnY should be on commission here

KeNnY

just bought one, the guy i was emailing told me that he was getting loads of enquiries today, KeNnY should be on commission here

hahahahaha :lol:

nice :D

James.

Nice one Kenny, been lusting fir one since i tried on Col's, just a tad small but fuck it, ordering one when home.

powderfreak

I've been thinking about that one as well... but I still don't love the chinese letters on the dial. Hm.

Frankt8242

This watch was the main reason we now have the venerable ST-19 movement available to us for our reps!!

The Chinese bought the old Venus tooling in the early '60's from the Russians, who had got it fron Swiss maker Venus, in the '50's IIRC, primarily to build this particular watch.

The fact that the movement superficially resembled the Valjoux movement used in some early Omega chrono's, made it a "natural" choice for the rep builders....

I once wore my version of this watch into a Chinese restaurant in Maine, and created a minor stir (a "good" stir!!)amongst the wait staff when they spotted me actually wearing a watch with Chinese characters printed on the dial...We got a couple of rounds of free drinks that evening!!

I have since recased mine in an old Patek replica case, since I needed the original case for an Omega project I was working on @ 10 years ago...

IMG_9377.jpg

Since it doesn't have the original hand color etc, I didn't feel too guilty... :giggle:

RichardMiami

These look very sweet.... they are recreations of the 1963 version?

Hmm.. there is some investigation called for here.... to be continued..................................

James.

Rich, there's a few good,threads on wus on these ;) "Chinese watches" subforum

trailboss99

Hmm.. there is some investigation called for here.... to be continued..................................

Yes mate the version Kenny posted is a re-release of the original.

The clifnote version of the story is here: http://horologium.com.au/2013/09/08/hands-on-sea-gull-1963-reissue/

mrtsumoto80

Love it! nice watch, I'm a big fan of russian timepieces and this reminds me to Sturmanskie.

Shit and I have not started yet my Russian Collection... need cash :help3:

KeNnY

This watch was the main reason we now have the venerable ST-19 movement available to us for our reps!!

The Chinese bought the old Venus tooling in the early '60's from the Russians, who had got it fron Swiss maker Venus, in the '50's IIRC, primarily to build this particular watch.

The fact that the movement superficially resembled the Valjoux movement used in some early Omega chrono's, made it a "natural" choice for the rep builders....

I once wore my version of this watch into a Chinese restaurant in Maine, and created a minor stir (a "good" stir!!)amongst the wait staff when they spotted me actually wearing a watch with Chinese characters printed on the dial...We got a couple of rounds of free drinks that evening!!

I have since recased mine in an old Patek replica case, since I needed the original case for an Omega project I was working on @ 10 years ago...

IMG_9377.jpg

Since it doesn't have the original hand color etc, I didn't feel too guilty... :giggle:

hahaha yeah Chinese must be happy if you are "patriotic" for them :lol:

yeah mate and recreation to give it more better nicer look :)

Rich, there's a few good,threads on wus on these ;) "Chinese watches" subforum

yup !!!˘^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes mate the version Kenny posted is a re-release of the original.

The clifnote version of the story is here: http://horologium.co...l-1963-reissue/

great article ! :)

Love it! nice watch, I'm a big fan of russian timepieces and this reminds me to Sturmanskie.

Shit and I have not started yet my Russian Collection... need cash :help3:

thanks mate ! this is CHINESE watch :lol:

but get it ! I will also maybe get some Mig Pilot watch :lol:

KeNnY

Will be here tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo:

KeNnY

IT IS HERE ! :) video this weekend and with pics ! .)

DSC_6512.JPG

DSC_6508.JPG

Del

Very nice! :thumbsup2:

Must resist.........:frusty:

:D

Wriggles

Very nice! :thumbsup2:

Must resist......... :frusty:

:D

Resistance is futile.....my orders gone in.....I just wonder how much commission Kenny's getting out of this :D