Sign in to follow this  
baxter

I see the inevitable Diver 5.1 from noob is here

RichardMiami

So another factory made different version and just kept a persistent version number?

This is referred to as "marketing" and generally has the same meaning as all other marketing schemes........................

none.

freestone
That's like saying the government is kind enough to collect taxes from you. Just sayin...

;-) ... but I prefer buying watches instead of paying taxes. I just ment that the new V5.1 was not listed on his website yet and asked him to get me one.

Daywatch

Well done freestone and it will be a great quality watch. Waiting to see some really nice pictures of this new one. Curious to know when we will see if the numbers on this one are indeed smaller - or the same - or whatever... if the screws are better recessed.. if

Think I will change my V5 Diver later .........zzzzzzzzzzz.......... much later... with version AP Diver VXIV.7 :)

freestone

Well done freestone and it will be a great quality watch. Waiting to see some really nice pictures of this new one.

Thank you. I will make pictures and post them if nobody gets it faster and makes nice pictures. My pictures unfortunately usually are not the best ...

I hope this watch will be fine. I like the Royal Oak very much. I owned a gen 15300 with a white dial a while ago. The movement AP 3120 was a beauty but worried me very much. The first versions had quality issues. The oscillating weight stuck sometimes and the hands jumped when adjusting the time and pushing the crown back. This annoyed me very much regarding the price of that watch. I can tell you, the thing with the jumping hands can make you mad when you are trying to set the time. But they managed the problems with the later movements. But I sold the watch after having these problems fixed. The fun with this watch was gone.

If the rep has a good quality of the case, dial, etc. I would be very happy. With an 2824 inside every watch smith could fix it, I could insert a swiss ETA 2824 in best quality if I wanted to (and the asian movement breakes) and would have a beautiful and reliable watch. I don´t really care if it is a rep. I am just having more and more fun with the reps and with being here. A funny development from only gens to reps ... ;-) I think most times it is vice versa? But what I like most are the efforts and passion of most members here to make their watches better and with how much experience this ist done. This is often with much more heart than just having the money, walking to an AD and putting the money on the table.

I hope I will be able to do some moldings in the nearer future, too.

And I must admit: it is also tempting me a little bit that it is not so easy to get the watches and letting them come from so far away.

wolfwood

It'll be interesting to see whether the lumpy lume issue is only with Angus' sample or does it happen to the whole line.

freestone

It'll be interesting to see whether the lumpy lume issue is only with Angus' sample or does it happen to the whole line.

I already got the QC images and approved them. But they are not big enough to say clearly if this is a issue with my watch. What I saw is the typical issue with the bezel screws. They are a little bit small and therefore a little bit crooked as seen many times on the AP Royal Oak reps. I did not want them to get me a new watch because I think that is not unusual and the rest off the watch is looking really good on the QC pics.

And hey - it is still a rep for 368$ from a 15K watch. And what I saw seems like good value for money. But I ask myself if there is a modding with other/gen screws to solve this thing?

Maybe I can even align the screws a little bit so that the gaps are even.

aguilaclon

hello guys know if v5.1 will come out with swiss movement?

I personally v5.1 is good replic

flyboy744

Just arrived, super fast delivery within 4 days (over the weekend, amazing!!)

My first AP and i think it looks good... it's a pity I can't wear yet. The standard rubber strap is too big for me, still waiting for Eric to get back to me on the horn back strap....

Go ahead and scrutinise...

DSC_6232.JPG

DSC_6240.JPG

DSC_6255.JPG

DSC_6274.JPG

Edited by flyboy744

dullidulli

Very nice. Seems he picked out a good one for you. Very good marker alignment, nice bezel screws.

Congrats.

Looking forward to seeing it on the hornback.

wrenches&watches
Just arrived, super fast delivery within 4 days (over the weekend, amazing!!)

My first AP and i think it looks good... it's a pity I can't wear yet. The standard rubber strap is too big for me, still waiting for Eric to get back to me on the horn back strap....

Go ahead and scrutinise...

DSC_6232.JPG

DSC_6240.JPG

DSC_6255.JPG

Looks like you got a good one as far as marker alignments are concerned, with the exception of #4. You'd think they'd be able to fix this concern by now. Plans to sink those bezel screws? How is the crystal above the bezel? Is it even and well raised above? Is the rubber bracelet sticky feeling? Might grab that off you if ur getting rid of it.

DSC_6274.JPG

flyboy744

you guys are right about the bezel alignment....

When I received the first QC pictures, my jaws dropped, the alignment between the inner and outer was grossly out.

But, within 5 mins after I rejected, second set of QC pictures were sent and was approved. Kudos to Toros for such a speedy reaction time.

Had a look again at the crystal.... looks pretty level to me... no issue there.

Strap is good, no sticky feeling or vanilla smell whatsoever. Love the buckle!

Bezel is well polished and refined. The black tapestry 'waffle' is well engraved and provides a very nice silohuette against the light.

If i were to nick pick, the noisy rotor plate which is a generic issue to this movement is a giveaway. And perhaps its me, but I find the numerals 50 and 30 is a few nanomilimetres too close. But I can live with that.

It's only half the battle now, now looking to pair up with a nice black horn back...

Cheers!

Realism

when is v5.199 coming out?

diegosaenz

Look at the lume at 30. the numbers are united by a piece of lume :(

Aperik

Look at the lume at 30. the numbers are united by a piece of lume :(

you are right :(

RichardMiami

when is v5.199 coming out?

a week from next Tuesday

freestone

Congrats! And the screws in the bezel are looking obviously better than the ones on the QC pics of mine. I will see how my watch is looking in real.

aguilaclon

lyboy744 I'm happy for your purchase

It is a fantastic watch

looks perfect

congratulations

freestone

I received my AP Diver Noob V5.1 today. I am very happy with it. I will see that I manage to make some pics tomorrow.

ape3192

I had received my AP Diver 5.1 but really unsatisfied to the watch quality. The first hour i was wearing one of the screw at the back case dropped off. On the other day, i adjusted the time and date the crown pulled off from the bezel.

The other flaws shall be the misaligned inner bezel number and ugly lume....

P4GTR

what single change has been made from the v5 to the V5.1?

Well a Snake has changed into a Horse

Eh? Buyers remorse? Buyers are whores?

My V3 is still the talk of the tennis club. Anything else is Tomfoolery.

freestone

I had received my AP Diver 5.1 but really unsatisfied to the watch quality. The first hour i was wearing one of the screw at the back case dropped off. On the other day, i adjusted the time and date the crown pulled off from the bezel.

The other flaws shall be the misaligned inner bezel number and ugly lume....

Sorry to hear that! For me no complaints so far, but of course I just have it for one day. I really love that watch! There are indeed these issues with the lume - it seems to be not only a problem with the watch on the Website. Also the alignment of the bezel screws as mentioned and litte issues with the alignment of the bezel.

But maybe I am already spoiled by the prices of the gens - this watch offers in my opinion very much watch for the price. I especially like the finishing of the case.

freestone

AP1.JPG

AP2.JPG

AP3.JPG

AP4.JPG

AP5.JPG

AP6.JPG

AP7.JPG

AP8.JPG

AP9.JPG

AP10.JPG

AP11.JPG

Daywatch

Thanks Freestone. Those are some great pics which finally give me an idea of the V5.1. Special thx for nice lumeshot :) Congrats, for direct comparison the V5

APlumeL1050863.jpg

V5

APDivervL1050859.jpg

MikeAlmighty

The lume on this watch is like fat ugly whore.

Is very very bad