Sign in to follow this  
coolin

Rolex problem should I be concerned?

coolin

Well I came back from my jollies today and was greeted by two deliveries one from Timeshops Rolex Promotion (3 watches) and another from robert (2 watches) after finally getting round to unpacking them one by one I checked all was well and gave each one a dozen of so winds, set the time/date and synchronised them with the iphone app Emerald Chronometer (NTP accuracy) After walking the dog an hour later I rechecked the Watches and the most expensive of the batch had stopped! it was the Rolex GMT-MASTER II with the copy Rolex movement 3186

So I did the following: added a few more winds reset the time and returned 1hr later to find the same problem! Last try I thought so i reset the Date, 2nd Time zone and wore the watch to keep a closer eye on it. Everything seemed ok 2hrs later so I sat the watch down carefully in my watch box and all seems to have settled down, since then I have wore it another 1hr while preparing lunch and now its back in the box. All has been hunky dory the past 7hrs+ so the simple question is:

Shall I assume all is ok and it was just one of those weird happenings or be concerned?

Finally Id like to say a big thank you to both RWG for pointing me in the right direction for sellers, Robert from PW for all his helpful non biased advice for a noob to the hobby and finally Timeshops for there great promotion on rolexes regardless of this slight hickup.

PS when I get a mo and charge the old 5D ill try up a few piccys

KBH

Nothing to be concerned with. Most gen manufacturers will tell you to wind the watch fully when first wearing it. 30 to 40 winds. Just do it slowly and you won't hurt anything, I've also noticed that the a21j movements seem to start up a lot easier than th Eta/clones. They seem to need a little more reserve power.

Member X

5D?

I hate you ;)

re: the power reserve, it sounds like it just hadn't got enough charge - wear it for a day and then put it in the box at midnight, then see how long it lasts for :P

coolin

wow thanks for the fast replys guys will give that a go, cheers again

col

coolin
5D?

I hate you ;)

re: the power reserve, it sounds like it just hadn't got enough charge - wear it for a day and then put it in the box at midnight, then see how long it lasts for :P

mines the old 5d mk 1 unlike skintrade hes got the mk 2 so now whos hating who lol

Member X

I hate you both as I can't afford a DSLR ;)

Mind you, if I stopped spending on watches... LOL :P