Sign in to follow this  
Member X

2010 Rolex Explorer 1 - picture review

AustinTech

Looking might-fine, even when it's in pieces.

Member X

Just having a look round and found these Baselworld 2010 (I think) pics:

http://www.luxist.com/gallery/new-rolex-ex...0/2811470/full/

Differences look to be size of the rehaut letters, some alignment of dial text, and the bottom two lines look more 'bold' on the gen.

Also, it does look like the gen is matte dialled? Ah well, I don't care :D

Member X

Well, I've finally seen one of these in the AD window :facepalm:

I can't tell if it is slimmer than the rep or not, I need to try it on to see! lol

The matte dial does look quite good though so I'm tempted to ask BL to matte my dial while it's apart, but the rehait engraving seems to be the only other noticeable difference, it's a lot smaller in the gen.

nunu78
Well, I've finally seen one of these inthe AD window :lol:

I can't tell if it is slimmer than the rep or not, I need to try it on to see! lol

The matte dial does look quite good though so I'm tempted to ask BL to matte my dial while it's apart, but the rehait engraving seems to be the only other noticeable difference, it's a lot smaller in the gen.

I'm in Member X for ur next reseller order.

Aren

Great write up on your review. I really like the more simple and elegant Rolexes. Really great photos and what an amazing price. Congratulations. That was certainly a great collaboration and a pulled together deal.

Still MemberX...I really like your avatar...do you own that one? ::lol::

Member X

I just can't wait to get it back - BL has struggled to get the movement running right after the loose screw incident, it just won't regulate in any way, shape or form, and he's had to give up and order a new clone movement from china in the end! Hopefully it will be home soon :popcorn:

Re: the avatar, it's an IWC Portuguese 1939 - review in the IWC section :vomit: :vomit: I need to sort a good strap for it, I don't wear it much becuse the rep strap is so plasticky!

decus

I'm looking for one of those but finding it a bit diffi-cult. Pm me if you have or find one for sale.. :rwi-midget:

Nisv

I'm looking for one of those but finding it a bit diffi-cult. Pm me if you have or find one for sale.. :rwi-midget:

Looking for what?

Explorer 1?

This from Timeshops, one of our trusted dealers:

xfro5190b-rolex-explorer-i-black-dial-ss-ss-swiss-eta-2836.jpg

http://en.wiktionary.../wiki/necropost

:Whistle:

decus

Hmm Necro posting... Never heard that one before but now I know what I'm good @. Lets raise the dead! :coffee2: