Sign in to follow this  
mike70sk

Patek Philippe Nautilus SS, change to leather strap ????

mike70sk

Im trying to buy one on a budget found SS one i like with blue dial, i want a leather one, but there are none with blue dials on leather band for budget price.

Im looking at this one

http://www.tswatchltd.com/10872-pa4590-patek-philippe-nautilus-ref5711-1a-blue-dial-ss-ss-asian-21j-automatic.html

My question is, will any 3rd party leather band work, or do you need a special patek leather band to make it work ?

here is on on a leather band

http://pureti.me/product/nautilus-42mm-leather-strap-blue-dial/

these pictures kinda make it look like there a center link conecting the leather band, so am i right to assume any 3rd party leather strap would not work ?

n1_zpsd46a3880.jpg

n2_zps25e9a239.jpg

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. Buy the budget one for tries and use it on the SS bracelet it comes with. The bracelet is very comfortable normally and it "belongs" to this watch keeping the classic Genta design.

- The bracelet attachment is special so will need special strap (too expensive in my opinion, maybe more than watch)

- It´s a budget model, these have different kind of attachment with pins;

- this watch looks very well on SS (specially well)

You will need a watch repair tool kit 10-16 usd from amazon/ebay with pin removal tool to adjust the bracelet; You will need this always so just buy it. Good luck

Dr. Jimmy

The blue dial is meant to be on an SS bracelet. The grey dial is meant to be on a leather strap.

mike70sk

Hi thanks for the input, i do agree that SS looks the best, but have stoped wearing SS watches, i can never get a good adjustment it either painfully tight or falling down my wrist, i guess i will pass on this for now and see what else i can find.

Edited by mike70sk