Sign in to follow this  
zeke4life

What was your first rep watch did it meet your expectations?

zeke4life

Well since I'm so to placing an order on the rolex submariner for timesshops promotion I just wanted to know what your first watch was. Also people are always talking about "Mark" so like how do I reach him to talk to him?

KBH

Mark is from Timeshops.net.

My first was a SSD and a nice Eta Datejust from Joshua. I was hooked.

AustinTech

My first that I bought after finding the forums was the breitling chronomat evolution. It was the V2 from Joshua.

I too was hooked. It wasn't perfect, but damn good.

Chronograph

My first rep was 10 years ago, it was a quartz Bvlgari rep. At the time, it definitely met my expectations, as I wanted something other than Rolex/Movado/Cartier which seemed to be the main three that everyone (or at least everyone that I knew about) was selling at the time, and the watches that everyone had. I got tons of compliments on it, even though it wasn't near as accurate of a rep as the watches today are.

As far as recent reps...I just got regained interest recently, and my my first rep in over a decade just cleared customs, so I'll let you know when it gets here. :)

TAGster

My first rep was a "Gold" (or should I say golden) Rolex Datejust that I bought like about 18 years ago, yes a long time since I met the rep world, can you imagine a 21 years old dude wearing a "20,000" usd watch?, my boss at that time even told me not to wear it when go to work, because I could be robbed in the street he he.

That watch was a good rep for its time, it was heavy and very good built. I bought it in a Mexico City´s street, at one of the many "puestos" (street merchants) near a subway station, it was cheap, I think around 25 bucks but Like I said well made, but then after a few time the golden paint started to fell out.

After that I did not buy any other replica for a few years, I started to throw away my money in gen ones, then I bought a couple of more reps.

Now, talking about the original question, regarding which rep was the first that met my expectations, I must say it was the TAG Heuer Monaco LS that I got from Lawerence here in the board.

trailboss99

Noob sub from Josh and yes it did.

Great piece of kit, or it was until the MVT gave up the ghost after a year and a bit.

Mind you I hammered that watch. It got worn every day and every where regardless of what I was doing.

Chop wood, chainsaw, hammer drill, shoot, all the things you shouldn't do with a mechanical watch on

your wrist. It would have killed a gen too!

Col.

Brightlight

My first rep was a fantasy Breitling a friend brought me back from Dubhai as a joke. I wore it for a year until I learned about the flaws and they started to niggle me. Eventually I decided to look for a better rep but was not sure which sites were scams until I found the rep forums and after a lot of study, decided on a Chopard GT Mille Miglia from Josh. Over the years I've shifted from reps to frankens to expensive frankens so I guess the next move is a gen :)

SubFrog

My first rep was...the FROGMARINER (Rolex LV) with Kermit at the 6! Very limited humorous edition....some of the older guys from the other boards may remember this...and who sold them.

Yes, I loved it...and was hooked. Purchased maybe 12 more reps within a year or two.

Hence, my forum name.

greg_r

My first rep was about 10 years ago - a Rolex Day/Date. Liked it so much I bought several other Rollie DD & DJ models at around the same time - ended up with 6 or 7 of them. Gradually sold most of them as there was one in particular that got all the wrist time. Didn't buy any more until that watch started to develop movement problems and I decided that replacing it made more sense than fixing it.

coolin

My 1st ever rep was a crappy fantasy rolex I bought on holiday many years ago in tenneriffe it sucked arse and died on the flight home lol. I have bought many more since then over the years.

my 1st since discovering RWG was actually from mark on his roly promotion and I bought 3 of them a cheap LV, a slightly dearer sub (sold on) and a GMT Master 2 (his dearest version) The quality on the latter of these is awesome in every way and the bracelet is far superior to the cheaper versions. Although it has the Swiss copy rolex movement (not favoured by some) I can honestly say it more than lived upto my expectations and blew me away.

Col

JohnG

SSD from Ruby.

It was nice, really nice, but had a fucking clone ETA, when I paid for Swiss.

BTW, for a whole host of reasons, DON'T BUY FROM RUBY. She was good once, not anymore.

fotos042.jpg

NFleischer

Probably some type of Rolex- maybe a Sub or Gmt. I live in NYC so I've been exposed to reps for many years on Canal

street. Also bought some in Mexico and South America 15 -20 years ago. I remember a pretty nice Bulgai i got there too.

barkingtoad

I used to hate fake anything but after finding RWG I've changed my opinion .

My first was like most a submariner ( from Robert )

I've since moved to bigger watches

Pam 113 Breitling SOH v2 ( this gets all my love ) but I think I want another Rollie probably a DSSD

Yes my sub got me hooked .

Del

My first order was a Daytona from Lawrence at HoS but it was beaten as the first delivery by a Sub LV from Narikaa - both are awesome and I'm hooked big time :D. Expectations were exceeded actually :lol:.

hitman

hi !

few years ago I buy on flea market Tag Heuer F1 , I think its genuine but when I broke this watch , inside is china movement ..

go to trash

I dont have got rep. yet :lol:

sorry my english isn't very well

dingle

Pam 183 from Sead.

No.

AllergyDoc

My first was on my parent's couch...

Oh wait. Different first.

First rep was a full gold DD from some Chinese dealer. Arrived in a toy clock. I still have it but haven't worn it in years. My first really good one was the TT YM from Best Swiss--the scammers. Paid $1K for a watch I could get for about $400 from a good dealer. :)

Pob

My first watch was Big Bang Hublot i ordered direct from China and was very disappointed :)

everything that can be wrong was wrong on that one!

P_Diddy

my first rep was a WM9 Sub, met 85% of my expectations the other missing 15% was due to lack of perceived 'value' :lol:

pollux1

My first I bought from some auction site four or five years ago. A Planet Ocean 42mm if I recall, after a week or so and scouring the net looking at gens I could see it wasn't "right" And started looking for a good un. I'd already gotten a gen black dial SMP but had fallen in love with the PO.

Anyways my first good rep from TRC then RWG was the uPO, after that I was hooked, not just on watches but life on the forums too.

JoeyB

My first was a Rolex SS President Day - Date with diamond markers and white pearl dial. It had a Seiko quartz movement. A friend brought it back for me from Taiwan back in 1980 for $25. I wore that one through all sorts of things for about 11 years.

graman

Pam 127 that I bought in Chinatown, in Kuala Lumpur in 2007.

Great watch, especially for the money.

Loved it.

Still love it

sconehead

First rep around 1983, a quartz daydatejust, crappy but I was happy with it at the time, followed later by a pot metal Tag.

Like many before me my first good rep, well two of them I ordered together to be exact, were from Josh, a TWB LV Sub and an SMP about three years ago...

mondeov6

My first rep was a quartz golden Rolex that my sister bought for me when she was in Bangkok in the early 1980´s.

I thought it was awsome!! The "gold" quite rapidly started to wear off though and left you with a slightly greenish wrist. :rainingshit:

But hey.... for a while there I was "The Man" amongst my friends! Everybody wanted a watch like that!

Rolf

solkryssare

My first was a Breitling Emergency. Very inaccurate. My first quality rep was a SSD. But the only rep I've been 100 % happy with and couldn't find ONE flaw with was an IWC GST. That is one fantastic rep. Never wear it tho.

Even with WM9's, stuff like SEL fit bother the hell out of me.