Sign in to follow this  
Technojunkie

Omega Planet Ocean GMT with blue face & bezel

Technojunkie

I'm just about to order this watch from a TD but have noticed on all the TD's websites that the blue of the face and bezel does not seem to match that of the gen. Is this just the lighting in the pic's and, on the wrist, the colour of the rep is the same as the gen or, is the blue on the rep significantly different to the gen ? Perhaps anyone that owns this watch could please advise !

REP

IMG_6110_zpsfdf1bd90.jpg

GEN

Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-GMT-4_zpsb04a9b11.jpg

dave1978

buy it and let us know:)....seriously that second pic is computer generated?? and the first one looks very pale,,you have a point,,but terrible pics to compare against

Edited by dave1978

Calcidose

One thing is sure : it's a nice watch.

Chavezzito

There are some people that have bought it...have you checked on the Omega review section? Should be some pic´s there.

Edit: Hahahaha...I just noticed that we are in the Omega section :P

Technojunkie

buy it and let us know:)....seriously that second pic is computer generated?? and the first one looks very pale,,you have a point,,but terrible pics to compare against

Ok, I get your point. The second one was lifted straight from the Omega website and the first one seems to be representative of how the watch looks on all the TD's pages.

Technojunkie

There are some people that have bought it...have you checked on the Omega review section? Should be some pic´s there.

I found one thread about the watch but the pictures the OP posted are no longer available. The other pictures posted on the thread, with the blue rubber strap, are of a gen (I think).

Chavezzito

I found one thread about the watch but the pictures the OP posted are no longer available. The other pictures posted on the thread, with the blue rubber strap, are of a gen (I think).

Aha...but you did not look at post 70 did you?

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=66117&st=60

Technojunkie

Aha...but you did not look at post 70 did you?

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...pic=66117&st=60

Actually, I did see that but assumed it was also a gen :rolleyes:, looks perfect.

Chavezzito

Actually, I did see that but assumed it was also a gen :rolleyes:, looks perfect.

Well..I´m not sure if it´s a gen or not but I don´t think the pic you posted does the rep justice, is it a cheap rep?

Technojunkie

Well..I´m not sure if it´s a gen or not but I don´t think the pic you posted does the rep justice, is it a cheap rep?

Certainly not, but maybe just a "cheap" picture !

Chavezzito

Post 70 is a rep, he posts that he bought it from the OP of that thread (HWG)...PM him and ask if he has any pic´s he can share.

Technojunkie

Post 70 is a rep, he posts that he bought it from the OP of that thread (HWG)...PM him and ask if he has any pic´s he can share.

Good idea, thanks.

Technojunkie

Ok, I've been looking on the TS Watch website and there seem to be three different versions of this watch and the blue seems to be a different shade on each version. The main difference is the movement (2813, 2824 and 2836-2) but there are also some other differences being (crown, Hev) so I'll need to email the TD to be more specific.

Jase

The watch you are looking for is from the BP maker.

http://www.p-cls.com/omcpogmt103-pocean-ceramic-blue-ssss-swiss-2836-p-15038.html or

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14821-om14821.html

Main tell is the bracelet.

BP maker's has the correct (to gen) clasp and screw held links. All others have wrong bracelet clasp and pin held links.

Other wrongs are colour of dial and thickness of bezel.

More pics of mine,

12066508254_b0d129ea53_c.jpg

12066112295_1055ac076c_c.jpg

12066507494_d2b2099e91_c.jpg

10445195056_380199a59e_c.jpg

Technojunkie

Thanks a million Jase, that clarifies everything perfectly, thank you :thumbsup:

Jase

Thanks a million Jase, that clarifies everything perfectly, thank you :thumbsup:

You're welcome, no problem at all and glad I could help.

Enjoy the watch when you get it. :thumbsup2:

Technojunkie

Does anyone that owns the BP version of this watch have any problems with a "fading bezel" or has this now been sorted ?

Jase

The numbers are engraved into the SS bezel and paint filled. No fading issues as the numbers aren't printed on.

(BP maker watch, can't vouch for the others as I've not seen one)

Technojunkie

The numbers are engraved into the SS bezel and paint filled. No fading issues as the numbers aren't printed on.

(BP maker watch, can't vouch for the others as I've not seen one)

That's great news, thanks for the info.

avrahamk1

Is it just me or the numbers on the bezel is a bit misaligned? The distance between the '10' number and the '20' from the crystal is different.

Other then that it's absolutely beautiful!

Edited by avrahamk1

peteins

looks like it to me! but come on, don't be picking at the flaws of another mans watch!!! he'll read you post and get that sinking feeling and go ... :fuck:

Jase

A bit off maybe, but pictures on dealer sites aren't, so maybe just mine.

The only 'fuck' you'll get from me, is part of the statement "I don't give a **** "

It's a replica and not only do I accept that, I expect it. They ALL have flaws.

:):B):

Wester_Special

I think all the blue GMT with the orange numbers on the bezel have this little flaw. On Andrews site there are QC witch shows the Same flaw. I have ordered this gmt and mine also has it. And i saw someone else on this forum with this watch with the same bezel.

This watch is such a stunner i can live with that. ;)

Technojunkie

Is it just me or the numbers on the bezel is a bit misaligned? The distance between the '10' number and the '20' from the crystal is different.

Other then that it's absolutely beautiful!

Not something I would have noticed but, now that you've pointed it out, I can see it. Certainly something to look out for when I get my QC pic's. Not sure that it is common to "all" of this model as the bezel of the watch in the main picture from the PC website is perfect.

http://www.p-cls.com/omcpogmt103-pocean-ceramic-blue-ssss-swiss-2836-p-15038.html

avrahamk1

Yep. I also checked on some sites and they all have it for some reason.

But don't get me wrong, this watch is the first on my wishlist! Really amazing watch.