Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

Robin195959

Not sure but reckon this is around 200 yrs old. It's a rebuild project for my retirement. A fusee by Thomas Earnshaw(jr I think)Can anyone better that?

00C87848-2C7B-4CC5-B5FC-42F38528B73D_zpshcn5eg8d.jpg

3FEEA0E0-F052-409F-ADFE-A25EAA048106_zpsxqdnmhtc.jpg

Olly

Nice project :)

Kleen™

Take good care of that porcelain dial - they'll be worth a fortune (eventually...)

stevok2305

Take care with the lume :rofl: Seriously though, that should be a great project.

Robin195959

Thanks guys. And believe it or not the movement works like clockwork:-). Just the hands and case to sort. Oh and winding key.

Libertatia

200 years!! That's amazing..... Just think how many people have used this piece, people that have come and gone, so many emotions, so many experiences... That only the clock knows..... Deep

Edited by Libertatia

Kleen™
Thanks guys. And believe it or not the movement works like clockwork:-). Just the hands and case to sort. Oh and winding key.

Has in been in your family since the beginnning or did you acquire at some point in time....?

Robin195959

Has in been in your family since the beginnning or did you acquire at some point in time....?

No exciting provenance unfortunately, I grabbed on eBay a few years back

Dr Yan

This isn't as old as yours but it is 55 years old. Still runs perfectly. Had it serviced and a new plexi put on it about 5 years ago.

e0cd3179e13814be5c6544a3567fdd45_zps48a355b9.jpg

Robin195959

Like it doc. My kind of watch. I have a similar watch it's a Junghans Meister from 1962. I'll post a pic over the weekend.

Dr Yan

This is an Indur De Luxe as you can probably see. They were made in Dublin by an Irish watch making company up until the seventies I think. They were made with Swiss movements. This one was my Dad's.

Robin195959

Great background info. I wasn't aware to Indur as an Irish company. Thanks for the education. That's the beauty of these forums, you just keep learning.

Bigcountrykris

200 years!! That's amazing..... Just think how many people have used this piece, people that have come and gone, so many emotions, so many experiences... That only the clock knows..... Deep

This :-)

Martinjogs

Nowhere near as old as yours at 57 years but this is the oldest in my collection - an Omega Seamaster 1956 Melbourne Olympics watch.

image_zps5a283b17.jpg

null_zps30d8a1cf.jpg

mrtsumoto80

Well this watch was gave to me by my dad but he is taking good care of it for me.

It's an Omega Speedmaster Mark III from 1971, powered by the legendary 1040 movement.

Thing is that as you can see needs a new crystal I have been for years thinking about fix everything on it or selling it.

372497d1294849146-omega-vintage-watches-i-own-info-please-omega-speedmaster-mark-iii-front.jpg

Robin195959
Nowhere near as old as yours at 57 years but this is the oldest in my collection - an Omega Seamaster 1956 Melbourne Olympics watch.

image_zps5a283b17.jpg

null_zps30d8a1cf.jpg

It's a beauty and with history too. Hold on to it. I have a similar Seamaster probably early sixties gold top but not a patch on that!!

Frazzle

Can't better it, but absolutely love it!

Mystery Shopper

This was my great, great Grandma's watch from about 1890 & it is the oldest I have. Look at the industrial bridges on the movement!

PA030037.jpg

PA030008.jpg

TheInthusiest

Heres my Vintage Longines from somewhere in the WWII era. I think its worth a pretty penny.

artku2M.jpg

EEYnhdo.jpg

IT64rKa.jpg

You can read about this Thrift Store find here on RWG. and two posts on reddit.

RWG

1. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56221&hl=&fromsearch=1

2. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56273&hl=&fromsearch=1

Reddit

Robin195959
Well this watch was gave to me by my dad but he is taking good care of it for me.

It's an Omega Speedmaster Mark III from 1971, powered by the legendary 1040 movement.

Thing is that as you can see needs a new crystal I have been for years thinking about fix everything on it or selling it.

372497d1294849146-omega-vintage-watches-i-own-info-please-omega-speedmaster-mark-iii-front.jpg

I'd hold on to it. It can only grow in value. Not to mention sentimental value.

Robin195959
This was my great, great Grandma's watch from about 1890 & it is the oldest I have. Look at the industrial bridges on the movement!

PA030037.jpg

PA030008.jpg

That movement is awesome. Looks like a straight 4 engine vs today's complex monsters.

Kleen™

My oldest is an Omega originally bought by my great-grandfather in 1914 (so it's exactly 100 years old this year...:-). Porcelain dial and mvmt still works a charm, although the PR is somewhat....restricted...:-)

Robin195959
Heres my Vintage Longines from somewhere in the WWII era. I think its worth a pretty penny.

artku2M.jpg

EEYnhdo.jpg

IT64rKa.jpg

You can read about this Thrift Store find here on RWG. and two posts on reddit.

RWG

1. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56221&hl=&fromsearch=1

2. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56273&hl=&fromsearch=1

Reddit

Love the movement and the blued hands. I'll check out those links.

Kal-el

I have this Longines from the 1940's or 1920'... not sure.

E1C8D059-E01F-4E02-84A0-8230DEA01359-4872-00000333023EB8CB.jpg

Edited by Kal-el

Kleen™

PA030037.jpg

PA030008.jpg

Gotta love the bare-bones stringent functionality of that movement...ace!