Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

sardonix

Yes buddy, mid fifties was told to me.

J!m

I got auction omega geneve £120 when I got this one I serviced done.run perfect.

bege7ydy.jpg

565 movement- bulleproof!

Same movement as used in the Seamaster 300 date.

SM300Project004.jpg

SM300build001.jpg

Aren

Ancre ( Lever escapement) Remontoir (Stem wind), Ligne Droite (straight line), Spiral Breguet (type of movement spring), 15 jewels. ~ 1870-1890

Remontoir003_zps437740c1.jpg

Crystal is 3/8+" thick and there are a few small chips. It is scratched and I hope the crystal can be polished...

Remontoir006_zps35b4b862.jpg

It is difficult to get a photo of the dial because the crystal is so thick and reflective. If it isn't tilted slightly, it just looks whited out...

Remontoir004_zpse8a618b5.jpg

The dial is in very good condition. It is porcelain and isn't fractured and doesn't have any hairline cracks. Scratch is on the crystal...

Remontoir005_zps162cdad1.jpg

inside dust cover...

it says "Geneve"...this doesn't reference a specific place, so it isn't likely from a major or prestigious maker. It may not even be Swiss, but it probably is. Swiss watch industry was mostly anonymous (unbranded), composed mostly of small, local producers who finished watches, whose movements were made by big manufacturers. A prestigious maker would have at least put the maker's name on the watch and this one has none.

Remontoir013_zps9497abf2.jpg

dirty movement...I will service this when I can, but this one needs to wait while I practice on American made watches. This watch runs well and keeps good time. I don't wind it because it is so dirty and I don't want to create a problem where there isn't one ATM...

Remontoir018_zps3fc910ed.jpg

a closer look...

Remontoir015_zpsa8e4287e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

:D

Aren

I got auction omega geneve £120 when I got this one I serviced done.run perfect.

Congratulations on a great find. It looks great.

The vintage Swiss movements are really beautiful...especially the gilt movements.

Congrats again on your staking set. Another great purchase.

Thanks for sharing

Aren

:hehehe: had some difficulty posting and this looks like a double post...EDIT :blush:

kkz88

Congratulations on a great find. It looks great.

The vintage Swiss movements are really beautiful...especially the gilt movements.

Congrats again on your staking set. Another great purchase.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks u Aren

avc0002

Gen. Rolex Date. 1500. It's from 1961 or 1962. pretty sure its 1961. I got super lucky and got this from a friend of mine for $100. movement was dirty as hell. So I had it serviced and the crystal replaced.

servicing and crystal replacement was around $530 or so. but I've been wearing it so much lately.

Before

IMG_3425_zps3442817f.jpg

and after

DSC02103_zps662471ea.jpg

Robin195959

Wow what a difference looks great. I'm gonna scan for battered old pieces like that. The transformation is incredible.

avc0002

its a bummer tho. I don't have the stainless band that is supposed to be with it. I want to get one but I'm dragging my ass because they rage from $200 to $500.

Robin195959
its a bummer tho. I don't have the stainless band that is supposed to be with it. I want to get one but I'm dragging my ass because they rage from $200 to $500.

They do appear on eBay occasionally at good prices. I got a gen vintage 7205 for less than £100 recently, a bit battered but lots of. Character.

The new non branded copies are less than £40.

avc0002

They do appear on eBay occasionally at good prices. I got a gen vintage 7205 for less than £100 recently, a bit battered but lots of. Character.

Yeah I kinda want a legit band. it also sucks because I believe it's supposed to be the riveted one. I havent really looked at it in person. but it seems difficult to resize.

Kcore

Ancre ( Lever escapement) Remontoir (Stem wind), Ligne Droite (straight line), Spiral Breguet (type of movement spring), 15 jewels. ~ 1870-1890

Crystal is 3/8+" thick and there are a few small chips. It is scratched and I hope the crystal can be polished...

It is difficult to get a photo of the dial because the crystal is so thick and reflective. If it isn't tilted slightly, it just looks whited out...

The dial is in very good condition. It is porcelain and isn't fractured and doesn't have any hairline cracks. Scratch is on the crystal...

inside dust cover...

it says "Geneve"...this doesn't reference a specific place, so it isn't likely from a major or prestigious maker. It may not even be Swiss, but it probably is. Swiss watch industry was mostly anonymous (unbranded), composed mostly of small, local producers who finished watches, whose movements were made by big manufacturers. A prestigious maker would have at least put the maker's name on the watch and this one has none.

dirty movement...I will service this when I can, but this one needs to wait while I practice on American made watches. This watch runs well and keeps good time. I don't wind it because it is so dirty and I don't want to create a problem where there isn't one ATM...

a closer look...

Thanks for looking!

WOW Aren, that's a wonderful PW, and really good pics too! :thumbsup: I don't know how I missed this post.

The timeline that this PW spans has some pretty interesting and important history in Europe too: Franco - Prussian War, German & Italian Unification, beginning of Imperialism in Africa, Germany forms secret alliances.

Robin195959

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=260896691094&globalID=EBAY-GB

Robin195959

Yeah I kinda want a legit band. it also sucks because I believe it's supposed to be the riveted one. I havent really looked at it in person. but it seems difficult to resize.

Yes I'm not looking forward to the resizing when my watch arrives!!

avc0002

the 19mm band size makes it a little harder to find unique/exotic straps because they generally come in 18 or 20mm

Robin195959

the 19mm band size makes it a little harder to find unique/exotic straps because they generally come in 18 or 20mm

Yeah I've had this problem with other older pieces. Using 'vintage' in the search can help or old school 3/4 inch.

Aren

Gen. Rolex Date. 1500. It's from 1961 or 1962. pretty sure its 1961. I got super lucky and got this from a friend of mine for $100. movement was dirty as hell. So I had it serviced and the crystal replaced.

Fantastic transformation. You certainly revitalized that lovely timepiece.

It looks amazing. Well done!

It's easy to see why it is getting lots of wrist time, it looks great and congrats on a cracking deal.

Thanks for sharing!

Robin195959

How about a good old American Gruen Precision Automatic. Unusual octagonal case and original signed stainless bracelet. . 50 yrs old

8502B48E-B3A8-4F86-BB10-154245A40074_zps9kyntisx.jpg

F64AC320-8FFB-4241-94DB-D0E7934E3F85_zpsp45o35zi.jpg

dasselin

Collected on my last trip to Cuba

149_zps41762359.jpg

150_zps384960d4.jpg

151_zpsd4776499.jpg

152_zpsbbe4b917.jpg

153_zpsb11edc2f.jpg

152_zpsbbe4b917.jpg

Robin195959

They're great. Aren will be loving those. Thx for sharing.

Aren

How about a good old American Gruen Precision Automatic. Unusual octagonal case and original signed stainless bracelet. . 50 yrs old

Robin that Gruen looks new! Extremely well kept for 50 years old... Nice photos too.

Thanks for sharing!

Collected on my last trip to Cuba

Dasselin I was waiting for you to return from your trip. :blush: I knew you would find some great treasures. :cheerleader2:

Nice photos too. Lovely Roskopfs. Roskopf invented the pin-pallet escapement.

I can't tell from the photos, but it looks like jewels on the pallet in the photos.

Clean dials! Are these running? They look very nice. Do you know the size? Looks like Size 6, but in photos it's hard to tell.

Wonderful watches in great condition. They look clean too.

Nice sharks tooth :lol:

Interesting to see the nail set near 11 o'clock instead of 1 o'clock.

Great pickups on the PWs and I hope you had really fun travels.

Thanks for sharing!

dasselin

Hi Aren

The silver watch is 45mm, the bras watch is 42mm

I paid 25US for each watch

The megalodon tooth is waping 135mm very glad they are extinct.

Dan

dasselin

I forgot yes both watch are running fine.

Aren

I forgot yes both watch are running fine.

Very nice. They look pretty clean, but you can't really tell without magnification.

They look well cared for and are in good condition.

If the watch case is 45, the movement in that case is probably a size 6.

I have a Waltham with a similar case as the PW with the gold filigree hands, but the Waltham is in terrible condition.

I haven't posted it for that reason.

Great purchases and fantastic prices!

Thanks again for sharing.

:)

J!m

I have a pair of Walthams, but I don't remember if I posted these pictures yet or not...

GoldWalthams.jpg