Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

Stuvetjee

Recently got 2 from my swiss auntie. They are 150 years old claimed a swiss watchmaker she went to

Left Chinese right Swiss

Reallt dont know about the history though. The chinese is very special.

uve5y4at.jpg

Swiss

hy9y8u8a.jpg

Chinese

qega4u9u.jpg

5atahysy.jpg

Robin195959
I have a pair of Walthams, but I don't remember if I posted these pictures yet or not...

GoldWalthams.jpg

What a great set. Would make a fantastic wedding present if you have children.

Recently got 2 from my swiss auntie. They are 150 years old claimed a swiss watchmaker she went to

Left Chinese right Swiss

uve5y4at.jpg

Swiss

hy9y8u8a.jpg

Chinese

qega4u9u.jpg

5atahysy.jpg

Two beauties. The Chinese one is incredible

Stuvetjee
I have a pair of Walthams, but I don't remember if I posted these pictures yet or not...

GoldWalthams.jpg

What a great set. Would make a fantastic wedding present if you have children.

Left Chinese right Swiss

uve5y4at.jpg

Swiss

hy9y8u8a.jpg

Chinese

qega4u9u.jpg

5atahysy.jpg

Two beauties. The Chinese one is incredible

Yeah mate, really want to know some

History of it. Started last week a topic, but nobody could tell :(

frogflyer

This was my grandfathers. Still keeps great time. I had it serviced about 3 years ago.

imagejpg1_zps87d35aa3.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsf88bffce.jpg

Robin195959

Wow Frog it looks as good as new. Pass these pieces on and our children/grandchildren will have a wonderful window into the past and the beauty of technology in days gone by. Thanks for sharing.

frogflyer
Wow Frog it looks as good as new. Pass these pieces on and our children/grandchildren will have a wonderful window into the past and the beauty of technology in days gone by. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! My sentiment exactly...like everyone here I love mechanical watches and hope to pass that down.

trailboss99

I had best get these up before Aren has me shot :)

Here is my Elgin 9k rose gold from 1927. Same dial as Frog's and equally good condition.

IMG_1802_zps47d405c8.jpg

IMG_1803_zps2c297c8b.jpg

IMG_1809_zpseec5366d.jpg

IMG_1810_zpsfd0d60ac.jpg

IMG_1812_zps4c325178.jpg

Keeps perfect time since it's recent service and new hairspring. It's gaining about 5 sec a day max.

Robin195959

Agreed Boss. That's a beauty and in incredible nick. I'm Arens gonna love it.

Robin195959
I had best get these up before Aren has me shot :)

Here is my Elgin 9k rose gold from 1927. Same dial as Frog's and equally good condition.

IMG_1802_zps47d405c8.jpg

IMG_1803_zps2c297c8b.jpg

IMG_1809_zpseec5366d.jpg

IMG_1810_zpsfd0d60ac.jpg

IMG_1812_zps4c325178.jpg

Keeps perfect time since it's recent service and new hairspring. It's gaining about 5 sec a day max.

That's a beauty boss. I'm sure Aren's gonna love it. Incredibly good condition. Thanks for sharing.

Robin195959

Bumped to celebrate Kcore's return!

Robin195959

Hi all,

Got this back from a local repair guy yesterday. He's essentially made one good watch from two wrecks. Love the simplicity of this Max Bill designed classic from the early sixties.

5AC5C813-C738-4976-A850-1A26F8136B0E_zpsdfdz96tf.jpg

Kcore
Bumped to celebrate Kcore's return!

Thanks Robin! It's nice to be appreciated but the thanks has to go to all of you. I appreciate all of you for sharing all these amazing vintage gems!

I've been in vintage heaven catching up in this thread. So many fantastic watches, OMG! So glad to see a Gruen, thx Robin. I actually picked up a beauty on my trip that's in for service. I'll have it. Monday and will post pics.

A time ago ( long time ago) I had a unique opportunity to be in Cuba. Being a Yank doesn't allow travel to this wonderful country so my time there has special memories. OK, why am I rambling about Cuba and what has this to do with this thread - Dasselin's "Cuervo y Sobrinos!" That's why. If you're not familiar with this watch house, it's a must! Beautiful, beautiful watches that bring you back to a time when owning a unique watch from a small house was for a select few. A great history too.

Dasselin's, thank you!

kkz88

Hi

I got new collection omega winding 1030 movement.i won auction £55 when I got here .i open the case back the balance spring was broken.so I order new balance spring and relume the dial/hand.here is photo-

4evy2u4a.jpg

Before picture

yzyjubu6.jpg

Relume dial and hand

y3yhy7yz.jpg

rerava6a.jpg

Very nice omega geneve

Robin195959

Nice catch. Well done and thx for sharing.

kkz88

You welcome robin

You like a lot of vintage?

gran

Longines JamboreeDrGranLongines1.jpg

Longines Jamboree. Early 1960s, used to be my Fathers daily beater. It now rests in my collection.

1071580d1367644368-longines-jamboree-could-use-some-info-longinesfra1959.jpg

My second 1960s Longines. It was meant to be the start of collecting vintage longines watches...but found RWG and the rest is history

DrGranLongines2.jpg

I also have my grandfaters pocketwatch and will post picks of that after the summer, as it rests in a band vault in a different art of the country

gran

Bumper automatic :)

ZEl3LlH.jpg

Love that watch!!!

Kcore

It’s been a while since I posted a watch and a lot has happened. My beautiful Longines 5 Star Admiral that I had recently purchased and was being serviced sadly didn’t work out. The gen parts needed were becoming difficult to source and costs were raising making my purchase not such a good idea as an investment. I made the decision that my love for the 5 Star Admiral didn’t outweigh my investment goals for it. So sold it was. I took a loss but that’s life in the collector’s world. You win some and you lose some.

Anyway, with the Longines out of the way, there was a void that could be filled. Like they say, one door closes, another opens. So, the door opened to a beautiful 1940s Gruen Veri-Thin. What caught my eye immediately was the unique downward slopping hidden lugs along with a gorgeous cooper color dial enhanced by a 10K RG case. I always liked Gruen and the company has an interesting history. Back in the day, Gruen and Rolex had a strong working partnership. Yep, both Gruen and Rolex “co-owned” a factory in Bienne, Switzerland where their long rectangular movements were built. To me that gives a good indication of the quality of Gruen for a Rolex co-ownership in manufacture.

OK, back to my Veri-Thin. It’s signed 5X, crown, case back, case interior, dial & movt. It has a 435 caliber, 17J heart and measures about 23mm w/o crown and 33mm lug to lug. Small by today’s watch sizes but standard for a 1940s men’s wrist watch.

Here are some pics that my watchsmith made for my registration & insurance purposes. While this isn’t an expensive watch by any means, I register & insure all my gens. It’s a practice everyone should do when buying pre-owned watches.

Gruendial_zpsfc209298.jpg

GruenMovt_zpsab3513cd.jpg

GruenCrown_zpsb87e74e9.jpg

kime

AD5A9D78-729F-4C50-9F15-1568E1ECEB76_zpsfoui7tq4.jpg

33C8EC53-1EE9-49EC-B28C-0B352A99A2EE_zps19hzlvip.jpg

sconehead
7321907084_34ff8cd916_c.jpgDSC_0794a by sconehead12, on Flickr

Robin195959

The Angelus looks very interesting Sconehead. Any more pics?

Robin195959
AD5A9D78-729F-4C50-9F15-1568E1ECEB76_zpsfoui7tq4.jpg

33C8EC53-1EE9-49EC-B28C-0B352A99A2EE_zps19hzlvip.jpg

Lovely classy piece.

Robin195959

Great catch Eric. Really good looker.

Kcore

Scone, is this a gen Angelus Cal. 240 SF 8 days? Is it from a Pam? Come on sir, out with it!

Robin195959

Not gen guys but beautiful nonetheless.

289FFC39-2912-4936-9088-CE50AA4C1ED0_zpskltiwsml.jpg