Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

ssouthall6

Astral left to me by my grandad, presented to him in 1971. He died around 15 years ago and it hasn't been wound once since, fired it up a few weeks ago and it has been keeping perfect time. Going to get it serviced in due course as I have no watches that incorporate black and gold so it's going to get a bit of wrist time

za3ysebu.jpg

Robin195959

Great story and lovely piece. Thx for sharing.

gran

Passed down to me from my Grandfather 1910+, regularly serviced and runs like new

GranFathersHam.jpg

GranFathersHam3.jpg

GranFathersHam2.jpg

Edited by gran

Robin195959

That's a real beauty Gran.

Kcore

WOW Gran, that's beautiful and in such pristine, amazing condition for a PW that's over 100 years old!

Thx for sharing.

gran

Thanks friends! just got it out of the vault a week back to wind it more regularly. Have to keep it safe for the next generation.

gran

My GreatGrandfathers watch...key-winding...case badly worn down by use...movement is a SWISS/FRENCH Lepine-Calibre IV movement, cylinder escapement (typical for the 1850s but some may have been made until 1900). Refarding movement I have not seen another like it with the barrelcover (i.e the cover stamped with the crescent star).

GranFatherNoNameMov.jpg

GranFatherNoNameMov7.jpg

GranFatherNoNameMov6.jpg

Kcore
My GreatGrandfathers watch...key-winding...case badly worn down by use...movement is a SWISS/FRENCH Lepine-Calibre IV movement, cylinder escapement (typical for the 1850s but some may have been made until 1900). Refarding movement I have not seen another like it with the barrelcover (i.e the cover stamped with the crescent star).

GranFatherNoNameMov.jpg

This is interesting. While there are other members with a lot more PW knowledge than me, ( we need Aren!) I'm certain the engraved word DEPOSE that's above the unique barrel cover indicates " registered" as in a trademark because we know the French word used for patent is, " brevet."' In this case it seems the trademark on the movt is the Crescent/ Star.

I good reference source for watch trademarks can be found using the Mikrolisk horological trademark index. ( note - the site is in German) here is a link to the crescent listings

http://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php?site=280#sucheMarker

Please let us know if you find anything else about this family treasure!

George.

As promised the zodiac 36000 bph video clip.

th_DFC32D76-DA0F-4021-B9DE-265E0B18D5A1_zpsyknnw2nk.jpg

Aww yiss.

So smooth. Thanks for posting mate! forgot about this thread, i've got to play catch up a bit here...

str65

Does anyone know more about this. L.Vrard & Co TIENTSIN pocket watch. Swiss maker for the Chinese market. I have very little information about the maker (google) and even less about the watch itself. It was purchased from a second hand shop in Russia some twenty years ago, from a city where Kalashnikovs were made.

Still running quite well.

Some pictures:

39b9dacd-3cde-4644-a985-694085362660_zpsb66f3ea9.jpg

20140821_080405_zps8c36a711.jpg

20140821_080256_zpsf114f684.jpg

Edited by str65

bklynboy

Beater on NATO for last days of summer

utaju5um.jpg

circa 1968 . . .

188044_orig.jpg

Robin195959
Does anyone know more about this. L.Vrard & Co TIENTSIN pocket watch. Swiss maker for the Chinese market. I have very little information about the maker (google) and even less about the watch itself. It was purchased from a second hand shop in Russia some twenty years ago, from a city where Kalashnikovs were made.

Still running quite well.

Some pictures:

39b9dacd-3cde-4644-a985-694085362660_zpsb66f3ea9.jpg

20140821_080405_zps8c36a711.jpg

20140821_080256_zpsf114f684.jpg

Nice piece and an interesting story too.

Robin195959
Beater on NATO for last days of summer

utaju5um.jpg

circa 1968 . . .

188044_orig.jpg

Really great piece. Thanks for sharing.

Kip Retro

My Bolivia homage is pin-lever, like a lot of pocket watches. It ticks loudly and runs well to this day. The text looks messed up in the pic because the crystal has a magnification band running horizontally across it. I've never seen that before. Notice that case design, too.

Bolivia_zpsdf2faf44.jpg

Kcore
My Bolivia homage is pin-lever, like a lot of pocket watches. It ticks loudly and runs well to this day. The text looks messed up in the pic because the crystal has a magnification band running horizontally across it. I've never seen that before. Notice that case design, too.

Bolivia_zpsdf2faf44.jpg

I think you meant Bulova homage as many were sold as Bulovas on Canal St in the late 60's & 70's. Your Bolivia Electra 23 is a cool looking watch.

bigstupid

IMG_20140825_211715.jpg

Does anyone have any information on this Unicorn pocket watch? My father gave it to me, but I don't know the history.

Some cursory research revealed that Unicorn was at some point owned by Rolex.

This watch is a manual wind at the crown. I can post more pictures if anyone has interest/information.

Thanks.

gran

IMG_20140825_211715.jpg

Does anyone have any information on this Unicorn pocket watch? My father gave it to me, but I don't know the history.

Some cursory research revealed that Unicorn was at some point owned by Rolex.

This watch is a manual wind at the crown. I can post more pictures if anyone has interest/information.

Thanks.

I have interest post those pics of movement and all

"In the 1920's Rolex produced the 'Unicorn' brand specially for the Australian market.

It was meant to be sold and marketed at a cheap and reliable timepiece.

During this period of time, Rolex still supply the movements and watch case for the 'Unicorn' watch.

That's why you still find the early 'Unicorn' watch still bears the Rolex movements and case.

Unfortunately after a period of time, Rolex deemed it's too expensive. So they decided to source movements from other companies and made 'Handley' (watch case manufacturer from Australia) to be their supplier of their cases.By this time,1930's they only use15 jewels movement. Some are stamped with the 'Unicorn' trademark while most are not.

In Australia, two of the biggest jewellery company sold Rolex watches with their company's name on the dial instead of the Rolex name and crown l"

DD_Ash

Andre Rivalle 39mm diver on Martu strap :)

0c9f5696c54a54420ddf3eb6fa9faf14.jpg

yawn
503b37d8c8fc0a2340545ce3d9a72273.jpg

ccrsvo

Waltham "William Ellery" Edition

562946a3-7261-4eb0-a704-d01e32cff66c_zps55764ddf.jpg

W20_zps359bbeb0.jpg

W18_zps8b42c301.jpg

W15_zps306a7ab1.jpg

W12_zpsa9f529c5.jpg

W11_zpsbe674ca0.jpg

W3_zpsc55e8580.jpg

bigstupid

Here are some more pics. The movement is marked "Swiss" and "Fifteen Jewels".

XqcO8vR.jpg9JMDCa9.jpgEryOOLw.jpgS8vYoeg.jpgMDuiGkN.jpg?1

Edited by bigstupid

dasselin

I’M going back to Cuba in 3 weeks. So….Anyone wants me to look for old vintage watches. They are

Getting a bit harder to find, but if you know someone that knows someone you can find very interesting

Peace’s. Unfortunately Cuba being Cuba can’t send pictures before purchase because of no internet except

At the hotel and sending pictures can be challenging. I can check if the watch is in running condition and that it

Can be refurbished but that’s about all.

So if you are interested just PM me and will see what can be done.

Robin195959
Waltham "William Ellery" Edition

562946a3-7261-4eb0-a704-d01e32cff66c_zps55764ddf.jpg

W20_zps359bbeb0.jpg

W18_zps8b42c301.jpg

W15_zps306a7ab1.jpg

W12_zpsa9f529c5.jpg

W11_zpsbe674ca0.jpg

W3_zpsc55e8580.jpg

Love it!!!

FerryScoob

Here is my 1944 Breitling 178 chronograph

DSC_0281_zps44ad295c.jpg

Robin195959
Here is my 1944 Breitling 178 chronograph

DSC_0281_zps44ad295c.jpg

Nice old piece. I have a very similar Baume& Mercier. I'll post pics at the weekend.