Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

Steve227

double post.........................

Robin195959

Lovely piece Steve.

Steve227

Thanks bro

Aren

This one was my great grandfathers:

Nice one Steve...very nice and thanks for sharing.

:)

ReplicaFromDownunder
Nowhere near as old as yours at 57 years but this is the oldest in my collection - an Omega Seamaster 1956 Melbourne Olympics watch.

image_zps5a283b17.jpg

null_zps30d8a1cf.jpg

simply amazing. You got that valued? Wonder what she is worth? If you don't mind me asking..

J!m

I just picked this beauty up today and wanted to share. It's in need of a work. At the very least a tear down, cleaning, oiling, and a major polish. The main spring is very tight. It is an auto and will run for an hour or two & then stop. It has a unique day / date setting mechanism, similar to some old Omegas. The crown in the 2nd position gets gently pushed in and out to change day & date. Also, the case opens from the bezel, not the back

I'm proud to introduce the newest member of the Kcore family, my 1966ish Longines, Amdiral 5 Star Day/Date Automatic!

34mm dial ( beautiful creme colored sunburst) , 38mm lug to lug, acrylic crystal, 17 jewel caliber 501 mvt., ( sorry no movt shot, yet :)), Case, hands, and indices are 10K gold filled with 6 diamonds, 2 at 12, then 2,4,8 & 11:00.

LonginesAdmiralFace_zps623a3dcf.jpg

LoginesAdmiralcaseback_zps2097cf7b.jpg

I just saw an admirial dial recently if you want one with less ice in it... I almost grabbed it but I was unsure of the movement for it... i THINK it was a blue sunburst (I look at a lot of vintage parts).

J!m

Old Omega from my grandpa.... :)

DSC_0019_zps69f7892f.jpg

DSC_0028_zps51ead062.jpg

Lovely. Super clean and crisp in all respects. Cherish it!

Robin195959

I just picked this beauty up today and wanted to share. It's in need of a work. At the very least a tear down, cleaning, oiling, and a major polish. The main spring is very tight. It is an auto and will run for an hour or two & then stop. It has a unique day / date setting mechanism, similar to some old Omegas. The crown in the 2nd position gets gently pushed in and out to change day & date. Also, the case opens from the bezel, not the back

I'm proud to introduce the newest member of the Kcore family, my 1966ish Longines, Amdiral 5 Star Day/Date Automatic!

34mm dial ( beautiful creme colored sunburst) , 38mm lug to lug, acrylic crystal, 17 jewel caliber 501 mvt., ( sorry no movt shot, yet :)), Case, hands, and indices are 10K gold filled with 6 diamonds, 2 at 12, then 2,4,8 & 11:00.

LonginesAdmiralFace_zps623a3dcf.jpg

LoginesAdmiralcaseback_zps2097cf7b.jpg

I just saw an admirial dial recently if you want one with less ice in it... I almost grabbed it but I was unsure of the movement for it... i THINK it was a blue sunburst (I look at a lot of vintage parts).

Ab Fab Eric!!!

Robin195959

DSC_0019_zps69f7892f.jpg

DSC_0028_zps51ead062.jpg

Lovely. Super clean and crisp in all respects. Cherish it!

!+1 robin

J!m

As promised the zodiac 36000 bph video clip.

Thank you! Now on my want list... What does it sound like when running? it must "buzz"!

Robin195959

As promised the zodiac 36000 bph video clip.

Thank you! Now on my want list... What does it sound like when running? it must "buzz"!

Lol not quite but I have a couple of Bulova Accutrons they do have a true sweep.

Kcore

Thanks Jim but I want to keep the watch original from Longines. My watchsmith told me today what it does need is a mainspring. He wants to keep it all original, not use aftermarket. I'll ask him what movt. it has and if he has difficulty sourcing one, perhaps you will come across it.

Ab Fab Eric!!!

Thanks Robin. I can't wait to get it back.

in the meantime, I spied a wonderful 14K, 1940s " Mathey Tissot" which I might just make a bid on. If our members think Rep addiction is bad, DON'T EVER let the gen vintage bug bite you!

J!m

DON'T EVER let the gen vintage bug bite you!

Um... a bit late for that advice I'm afraid.

Robin195959

Too true Aren. I Filmed the sweep on the Zodiac but am struggling to upload onto photobucket. I'll keep trying its a nice short flick but demos the smooth sweep.

I think you can do it on Photobucket, but I don't know how. There is a video function there.

Looking forward to seeing it..and Kcore's watch movement and Trailboss' Elgin...

:cheerleader2:

Here it is Aren:

th_DFC32D76-DA0F-4021-B9DE-265E0B18D5A1_zpsyknnw2nk.jpg

Aren

DON'T EVER let the gen vintage bug bite you!

Um... a bit late for that advice I'm afraid.

J!m that Omega is gorgeous. It looks pristine.

You have kept it in lovely condition. Splendid photos too. Love the gilt movement.

Yes, the vintage gen and PW bug bites hard.

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Robin195959

Too true Aren. I Filmed the sweep on the Zodiac but am struggling to upload onto photobucket. I'll keep trying its a nice short flick but demos the smooth sweep.

I think you can do it on Photobucket, but I don't know how. There is a video function there.

Looking forward to seeing it..and Kcore's watch movement and Trailboss' Elgin...

Here it is Aren:

th_DFC32D76-DA0F-4021-B9DE-265E0B18D5A1_zpsyknnw2nk.jpg

You have to tap the pic to activate.

Aren

Robin, I tried to view the video, but I can't on this old computer. It's too old.

It can't update Adobe anymore and the video only moves frame by frame when I play it. :(

Aren
Nowhere near as old as yours at 57 years but this is the oldest in my collection - an Omega Seamaster 1956 Melbourne Olympics watch.

image_zps5a283b17.jpg

null_zps30d8a1cf.jpg

simply amazing. You got that valued? Wonder what she is worth? If you don't mind me asking..

WOW...I must have missed this one...Stunning gold and beautiful watch RFD.

Robin195959
Robin, I tried to view the video, but I can't on this old computer. It's too old.

It can't update Adobe anymore and the video only moves frame by frame when I play it. :(

That's a shame Aren. Here's a YouTube link. Don't know if that will be any better

http://youtu.be/cRhzttzJATI

Aren

That's a shame Aren. Here's a YouTube link. Don't know if that will be any better

Beautiful Robin. The watch looks even more fantastic in the youtube video.

It plays well and has a splendidly smooth sweep on the seconds. Lovely.

Thank you!

Robin195959

Beautiful Robin. The watch looks even more fantastic in the youtube video.

It plays well and has a splendidly smooth sweep on the seconds. Lovely.

Thank you!

Superb Aren. Thanks. Glad I could share.

Nikola Tesla

:mine: I have a couple genuine oldies, nowhere near 200, but over 100. Both are running …

The first was Granddad’s “daily driver,” a Blumus. Probably a dime store watch, but it has sentimental value:

Blumus1.JPG

Blumus2.JPG

Blumus3.JPG

The second was Granddaddy’s “special occasion” watch, a Burlington 21-jewel beauty with porcelain face:

Burlington1.JPG

Burlington2.JPG

Last but not least, is a not-quite-so-old watch. This one has been my own daily driver off and on – mostly on – for nearly fifty years, a Bulova Accutron tuning fork watch with the 214 movement. Although I still have the original bracelet, I keep it on a Speidel "Twist-O-Flex" band of the same vintage. Much more comfortable. This watch and I have been through some serious shait together, and I love it because it sings to me when I rest my arm under my pillow at night. :Sleepy:

Acc214.JPG

Robin195959
:mine: I have a couple genuine oldies, nowhere near 200, but over 100. Both are running …

The first was Granddad’s “daily driver,” a Blumus. Probably a dime store watch, but it has sentimental value:

Blumus1.JPG

Blumus2.JPG

Blumus3.JPG

The second was Granddaddy’s “special occasion” watch, a Burlington 21-jewel beauty with porcelain face:

Burlington1.JPG

Burlington2.JPG

Last but not least, is a not-quite-so-old watch. This one has been my own daily driver off and on – mostly on – for nearly fifty years, a Bulova Accutron tuning fork watch with the 214 movement. Although I still have the original bracelet, I keep it on a Speidel "Twist-O-Flex" band of the same vintage. Much more comfortable. This watch and I have been through some serious shait together, and I love it because it sings to me when I rest my arm under my pillow at night. :Sleepy:

Acc214.JPG

Love them all Nikola. I too have a couple of humming Accutrons. Both need batteries though sadly.

Note to self: get those batteries!!!

Nikola Tesla

Love them all Nikola. I too have a couple of humming Accutrons. Both need batteries though sadly.

Note to self: get those batteries!!!

Thank you, Robin. :D

Yes, the 214 movement really eats batteries. Mine needs a new one every 9 months or so. But my local Wally World stocks them for three bucks apiece, so it's easy to keep a couple spares on hand.

Kcore

I can't believe I missed all these wonderful vintage watches! man, i must be getting old :giggle:

Thanks everyone and please keep posting your beautiful, vintage wrist & PWs!