Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

show us your old,vintage or pocket watches.

Aren

:mine: I have a couple genuine oldies, nowhere near 200, but over 100. Both are running …

The first was Granddad’s “daily driver,” a Blumus. Probably a dime store watch, but it has sentimental value:

Really lovely watches Nikola Tesla. Beautiful condition too and nice photos. :bounce:

Those are the kinds of pocket watch cases I grew up around.

My father showed me to press the crown gently when closing the case so minimize any wear to the flange which holds the case closed.

You have splendid watches Nikola, so thank you for sharing. :D

That Bulova looks great. I work with a guy who will only wear a twist-o-flex. It's my electrician. If he needs to get his watch off fast during a job, he can just slip it off without having to look. It really is functional, looks good and is much safer than a buckle.

Thanks again for sharing.

:D

Nikola Tesla

:mine: I have a couple genuine oldies, nowhere near 200, but over 100. Both are running …

The first was Granddad’s “daily driver,” a Blumus. Probably a dime store watch, but it has sentimental value:

Really lovely watches Nikola Tesla. Beautiful condition too and nice photos. :bounce:

Those are the kinds of pocket watch cases I grew up around.

My father showed me to press the crown gently when closing the case so minimize any wear to the flange which holds the case closed.

You have splendid watches Nikola, so thank you for sharing. :D

That Bulova looks great. I work with a guy who will only wear a twist-o-flex. It's my electrician. If he needs to get his watch off fast during a job, he can just slip it off without having to look. It really is functional, looks good and is much safer than a buckle.

Thanks again for sharing.

Aw, now you've gone and made me blush. But thanks for the kind words. :beer:

xnview

Hi quite new in this forum, and only got one rep so far.. but I have a few old pocket watches

My first pocket watch, solid 0.8 silver with rose gold plating and 15 jewels, almost 100 years old, keeps good time:

ieoo.jpg

4cni.jpg

The next one was my great grandfathers with 10 jewels, also keeping good time:

6xom.jpg

b7qt.jpg

Next one is has a full hunter yellow gold plated Illinois case with a swiss movement, keeping very accurate time:

34ks.jpg

ugk3z.jpg

Next one has a solid silver case (0.800) with rose gold plating. it wouldn't wind because of a broken mainspring which I changed my self, and it's now keeping good time:

6fnp.jpg

2z6x.jpg

Last one is a full hunter, key wound "swiss fake" which has a wheel that is broken (causes it to be in a non working state), will probably buy a replacement wheel to fix it:

hznu.jpg

jaiv.jpg

Kcore

Welcome XN - glad you're here and posted pics of all your BEAUTIFUL vintage PWs!!!

Robin195959
Welcome XN - glad you're here and posted pics of all your BEAUTIFUL vintage PWs!!!

+1 XN. Great collection!!

Aren

Hi quite new in this forum, and only got one rep so far.. but I have a few old pocket watches

Welcome to RWG XN. Beautiful watches!

Superb collection of PWs. These are amazing and in incredible condition.

Your photo skills are also excellent.

Is the first watch a Remontoir Cylindre? It is a little newer and much nicer condition than mine. :)

Mine is back on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

Again...Welcome to RWG and thank you for sharing your PWs with us. They are fantastic!

xnview

Thanks guys:)

Is the first watch a Remontoir Cylindre? It is a little newer and much nicer condition than mine. :)

Again...Welcome to RWG and thank you for sharing your PWs with us. They are fantastic!

No it says "Spiral Breguet" which according to Breguet is a fake (just looked it up), can take a picture of the dust cover later if you want:)

Aren

Thanks guys:)

No it says "Spiral Breguet" which according to Breguet is a fake (just looked it up), can take a picture of the dust cover later if you want:)

"Spiral Breguet" is not a reference to the prestigious maker Breguet. Your watch is not a fake, but it is not a Breguet. "Spiral Breguet" means your watch contains a Breguet style spring. A Breguet spring is a spiral spring on the balance. It has one coil pulled up and made into a precise curve. This spiral makes the spring open in close in a circle. Spiral Breguet is a reference to a high grade spring. Don't be confused because it says "Spiral Breguet", you have a very nice watch with a high grade movement.

I will post one so you can compare one of mine with yours.

Robin195959

Here's my daughters pendant watch. I got it for her 18th birthday in 2011. It's early 1900's. Don't know much else about it. It has serial nos on the case but no branding.

BD658375-BBC3-43AD-A8D6-B5F101C35E14_zpsffoyjujq.jpg

0D31A418-EE33-4081-82B1-5B2F9012111E_zpsd7k0iath.jpg

5F6869AB-E989-4AD1-B4DD-E762B6C5C659_zpsoldksdtr.jpg

E964BDE8-467F-4339-826E-E3821316A0DC_zpssvynsptq.jpg

Sorry about picture quality.

Kcore

Here's my daughters pendant watch. I got it for her 18th birthday in 2011. It's early 1900's. Don't know much else about it. It has serial nos on the case but no branding.

That's a beautiful pendant watch Robin. Did you have the caseback inscription done?

Sure wish I could get my daughter into watches. I bought her a watch for her 13th BD. It just sits in its box. Sadly she's of the generation that believes a watch isn't neded, that's what an iPhone is for

Aren

Beautiful pendant watch Robin. It is just lovely.

Pretty dial and nice gilt movement.

I am sure she is very proud of it, especially because you gave it to her.

Do you know the size? I was just wondering.

Have fun while she is home. Thanks for sharing!

Robin195959

Hi Eric,

Yes it's about 30mm case diameter.

Robin195959

That's a beautiful pendant watch Robin. Did you have the caseback inscription done?

Sure wish I could get my daughter into watches. I bought her a watch for her 13th BD. It just sits in its box. Sadly she's of the generation that believes a watch isn't neded, that's what an iPhone is for

Hi,

No the inscription is "remontoir cylinder 10 rubies. "

Hi Eric,

Sorry Aren. Doh :-)

Kcore

Hi Eric,

Sorry Aren. Doh :-)

That's OK, I can be Aren if you'd like :giggle:

Porter21
I think I can give the OP a run for his money. IMG_1123_zps85e36550.jpgIMG_1138_zpsb7fae591.jpgIMG_1131_zps9dcb9f44.jpg 1824 by the hallmarks, about half way thru Mr Clarke's career. It's currently waiting to have a broken balance staff repaired. I have a 1920s Waltham PW as well but no pics and also in the shop, I don't lay a hand on these oldies.

:Shocked: WOW!! Didn't know you were into old school chain drives! That is sooo beautifull. I was in a vintage watch/clock shop the other day and just spend about 2 hrs with the owner talking timepieces and he goes "Hey... want to see something REALLY cool?", so we go into his back office and he pulls out what looked like a small breifcase with a safe lock on it. He opened it up and pulled out a watch that looked similar to yours... but looked brand new set in a gold case. After admiring it for a few minutes i asked him how much it cost, to which he replied "More than you want to know or could afford.....", later he told me he had paid $67,000 usd for it in an estate auction and cleaned it up and repaired it himself. He said "IF I wanted to sell it... I could EASILY get 6 figures...", he just left it at that and didn't need to say another word lol

Porter21

ummm.... you need to get it checked out. I can tell you that it has a porcelain dial.... most pocket watches that have porcelain faces can command quite a bit of money!

Porter21

Here is my Longines Pawn shop find:

Unfortunately the case is nickle... might try to find a antique gold or silver case for it though.

20140320_121738.jpg

20140320_121745.jpg

20140320_121801.jpg

20140320_121910.jpg

Robin195959

ummm.... you need to get it checked out. I can tell you that it has a porcelain dial.... most pocket watches that have porcelain faces can command quite a bit of money!

Thx Porter I'll do that. Need to get it checked out because it won't wind restart at the moment.

kkz88

I got auction omega geneve £120 when I got this one I serviced done.run perfect.tu9arapu.jpg

te8a4asu.jpgbege7ydy.jpg

Robin195959
I got auction omega geneve £120 when I got this one I serviced done.run perfect.tu9arapu.jpg

te8a4asu.jpgbege7ydy.jpg

Looks great. The rotor is nicely shaped, is that unusual.

kkz88

No.just like original.i just serviced this one.he8utumy.jpgdy4uba8e.jpg

Keep perfect timepiece.

kkz88

Second Wrong photo.enebe4yj.jpg

Robin195959

Great find at that price. Well done. :-)

sardonix

Bumper automatic :)

ZEl3LlH.jpg

Robin195959
Bumper automatic :)

ZEl3LlH.jpg

Great looker and in excellent condition. 60 yrs oldish?