Sign in to follow this  
calvertical

16613 hands catching on each other?

calvertical

Hi all,

Just got my submariner from Andrew at TT, aesthetically beautiful and I love it.

One problem though, is the the second hand will 'catch' on the minute hand every now and then when it runs around.

Should I inquire about a refund/replacement, contact Andrew and ask him or is it relatively inexpensive enough to take it to a jeweller/watch maker?

If it is any help I have the Asian 21j movement.

Thanks for your help.

SSTEEL

Its possibly an easy repair, and that the second hand simply needs reseating on its pinion squarely, or if the hand is slightly bent, straightening it.

calvertical

Its possibly an easy repair, and that the second hand simply needs reseating on its pinion squarely, or if the hand is slightly bent, straightening it.

So take it to someone to get it fixed? Is it worth it for a rep that cost less than $200?

<RJ>

I believe the help Andrew will give you is to offer you repair if you send it and pay for shipping. Thats how its usually done, no refund/replacement. If you are able to find the correct watchmaker he should be able to repair it easy. These watchmakers don't grow on trees though, Asian 21js don't have much respect in the watchmakers community. Around here they would never do a proper repair cheaper than the posting back to china.

If it was my watch i would try the "bend the hand slightly" method. Some would call this blasphemy though.

So take it to someone to get it fixed? Is it worth it for a rep that cost less than $200?

If you find the right watchmaker, Yes.

twofake

Hey definitely have a go yourself if you have some tools.

Pm sent with details.

thorny007

Very easy to fix with minimal tooling needed

mmstrue

How does the watch look? Does it have the blurple bezel? I am getting ready to purchase same watch from Andrew