Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Is it wrong of me....

Baldrick

BTW, are you talking about Silver's Daytona, if so, it's very nice, weight would be an issue with me, tho' !

greg_r

Yup - Silver's RG daytona is what started me off on this tack. Lovely looking watch. I agree weight would be an issue, it's going to be far too light, but size may also be an issue - will be the smallest watch I've owned in a while, which is why I'm hesitating to buy the 7750 version....

Trolling about RG and quartz aside :Monkey: , I'm still hesitating whether to buy a Daytona of any description - I think it would probably be wise to try a cheapie to start off with. That way if it feels too friggin' small, it's no great loss...

Baldrick

Size is a problem agreed, my Tona doesn't get as much wrist time as it should, plus I'm out of the corporate arena, so it doesn't carry as much weight as it should in my circle of contemporaries, but when I sit down and polish it, and it's all gleamy, I get a distinct tear in my eye that Messrs Rolex have not yet seen fit to upscale it, 'cos it is a thing of beauty!

411MAR08ROLEXDAYTONA1.jpg

DAYTONAAD2.jpg

DaytonaYellownumber1.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE2.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE3.jpg

Villageupload.jpg

greg_r

amen! :D

onzenuub
Size is a problem agreed, my Tona doesn't get as much wrist time as it should, plus I'm out of the corporate arena, so it doesn't carry as much weight as it should in my circle of contemporaries, but when I sit down and polish it, and it's all gleamy, I get a distinct tear in my eye that Messrs Rolex have not yet seen fit to upscale it, 'cos it is a thing of beauty!

DAYTONAAD2.jpg

DaytonaYellownumber1.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE2.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE3.jpg

Villageupload.jpg

DAYTONAAD2.jpg

DaytonaYellownumber1.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE2.jpg

ROLEXDAYTONASAMPLE3.jpg

Villageupload.jpg

That are a lot of Rolexeseseses

Baldrick

May I make a suggestion?

greg_r

It depends on what you're suggesting, dearie :D

Baldrick

Well sweetie pie, it wasn't a gaytona, I know you have strong leanings towards one :D

Have you considered an RG / YG Daytona on a strap, with a large circle of lead inside the back case, will give suitable weight to the head, then get a REALLY nice strap ( not the crud that you see on these examples ), ergo, no weight issue with the bracelet.

Just a suggestion, if you choose carefully and I know you have a good eye for detail, you could end up with something really nice :D

140.jpg

REFERENCENUMBER50A.jpg

REFERENCENUMBER51C.jpg

REFERENCENUMBER51E.jpg

greg_r

:D

Yum. Gaytona.......... :rofl:

The leather strap idea is a good one. Might well be the best way to go - especially with some added weight to the watch. I shall cogitate some more. Thanks mate :D

Baldrick

My pleasure, but I know where you're coming from with SS's Daytona, it is quite striking or PERHAPS it's just his amazing photography ( I'm sure someone once said that of TTK :D ) !

Demsey
Dems: banning oneself is a little like picking oneself up by the shirt collar. It sounds like it should work, but is a little more difficult to achieve than one might think.

Naaaaaaaa. If Dave can do it, repeatedly, across boards, you more than enough have what it would take.

Dave may have just been lucky tho'. You know the conumdrum; 'If you sat in a sail boat with an electric fan in your lap, and pointed it at the sails, would you move?'

I proposed that to Dave one afternoon after he showed a bunch of vaca pics of he and his family in Mexico. He said he had no idea wtf I was talking about and asked if I were drunk. But I can assure you, after thinking long and hard about the puzzle on the flight back to Canada Dave field tested the theory. Probabaly in his jacuzzi. Probably dropped the fan too.

I was being facetious BTW in my first post. Don't go. I don't think 'sconey' could take the pressure of being the new 'johnnyboy' on the RWGjr.jr.. Lord knows 'johnnyboy' couldn't. Or we'd all still be on RWG.

Enjoy your new watch.

<edit> TTK's old reference #140 above? Now that is a watch!

Edited by Demsey

greg_r

Dave only managed it by persuading others to do it to him. He lacked the alacrity to manage that particular trick on his own. I would consider it a 'death by cop' type of situation. Possibly 'death by Kool-Aid' in his case.

As for the 'conundrum' I have always wondered why nobody has asked the essential question, to wit: where would you plug it in? Methane is indeed a possible power source, but even on a diet of beans you would need some method of turning it into electricity. It may indeed be better to do away with the fan and simply attempt some variant of jet propulsion.

Thank you. I shall enjoy my watch - assuming I ever get around to buying it :D

onzenuub
As for the 'conundrum' I have always wondered why nobody has asked the essential question, to wit: where would you plug it in?

With an extension cord ofcourse. Duuuuuuuuuh.

Demsey
As for the 'conundrum' I have always wondered why nobody has asked the essential question, to wit: where would you plug it in?

This is why the Nederlanders will rule the world. If they really wanted to. It's always the obvious that leads to the solution.

He lacked the alacrity to manage that particular trick on his own. I

Ahhhhhhh, but did he? Great another conundrum!

Baldrick

I love canondundrums :)

greg_r

Well duh Onze! Why didn't I think of that? :)

onzenuub

Well duh Onze! Why didn't I think of that? :)

Because all your extensions cords are belong from me.

trailboss99

It's the rose gold bit I have an issue with and I love RG.

The 'tona is a yellow gold watch however IMHO.

Quartz over faux chronos any day.

Col.

GC
just bite the bullit and live a little and get the sec@6 version from Robert,

for the price you can have the movt serviced when it dies and it'll still be a bargain!

Ugh - I hate faux chronos. :lol:

Fine...than I stand by my original statement!