Sign in to follow this  
Ratubbs

Any rep PAM's with WORKING Power Reserve?

Ratubbs

Hey guys I'm ready to pull the trigger on my first rep. I've got it down to a PAM for sure and I'm definitely leaning towards a sandwich dial with a date @ 3oclock but I'm liking the power reserves look too , just wondering if there are working models? Thanks for any help.

Vbmrk

DSN makes Pam's with a working pr, but they're considerably more expensive then other rep Pam's.

If this is your first Pam I'd recommend going with a well repped non-pr model initially. If you love it, then you know you'd be ok dropping big bucks on a DSN Pam with a Soprod movement.

mrmarcus86

I recommend going for a PAM 111, 177, 029, 312 or a rad 388, 292. These are all super reps!

Vbmrk

If you're wanting a date @3 your options go to (off the top of my head):

(I'm sure there's others too)

Go with the kw version of these and you won't go wrong.

Calcidose

There is a few ones at Perfect clones.

trailboss99

DSN's are more expensive yes but (and it's a big but) they use a genuine ETA with a gen soprod PR module, same as the gen watch.

Kwt

The first PAM I ever bought was from REG and it was a PAM090 with a very good power reserve but it didn't have a date.

EDIT - tell a lie it did lol but it was slightly off.

Edited by Kwt

Frankt8242

The 090 has been around virtually forever...And can be routinely found in M to M sales for @ $100....

It comes with the workhorse ST 25-30 Seagull movement, whic is IMNSFHO , the best inexpensive asian movement available..

And yes it does have a date that sets via a push module at the 8:00 position side of the case...

Here's one I used to have in PVD:IMG_5555.jpg

Edited by Frankt8242

avc0002

everyone's get that PAM bug

Ratubbs

@ trailboss vbmrk , what does a DSN cost actually ?

mysterio
@ trailboss vbmrk , what does a DSN cost actually ?

Old link, but this should give you an idea....

http://www.replica-w...ead.php?t=42969

The thread is from 2009. I would recommend contacting DSN for updated pricing.

Daywatch

Pam 090 - 124 - 222 Regatta have working power reserve indicator. The 21j will have a pr of 24 to 36 hours only anyway.

Toro has a nicely priced PAM 092 Arktos - but that´s another watch.

Frankt8242

Pam 090 - 124 - 222 Regatta have working power reserve indicator. The 21j will have a pr of 24 to 36 hours only anyway.

My 090 has a PR of at LEAST 48+ hours....

LightGeek

Yes but they aren't usually super reps by any standard. Now if I'm wrong, I'll be in line for one :)

mysterio

Yes but they aren't usually super reps by any standard. Now if I'm wrong, I'll be in line for one :)

The PAM090 isn't a super rep by the current definition (almost indistinguishable from the gen even in side-by-side comparisons). It is a first class rep though (very close to the gen and reliable, but with some difference in materials, functions… or little differences in external look or colours only remarkable in side by side comparisons).

Edited by mysterio

LightGeek

My beef with the 090 is the terrible date window.

mysterio

My beef with the 090 is the terrible date window.

Looks to be the same date window as the one on the PAM104 (which is essentially a PAM090 without the PR and the minute markers on the dial).

LightGeek

Yep and it's not that great. I've had a few different 090. Now if there better recent offerings (3 months) then I'm not aware...

Frankt8242

Yep and it's not that great. I've had a few different 090. Now if there better recent offerings (3 months) then I'm not aware...

The main "rap" on these back in the day was indeed the date window, and the date pusher @ 8:00...But once one recovered, (or at least went into remission) from "repanalitis", it was a very nicely built watch with an almost bullet proof movement, for not much $$'s

IIRC, a guy named Marco, in Rome spent a lot of time trying to frankenize one with a non date pusher case, and an improved date window set up, but it was a very steep hill to climb...I think he used to go by the handle "SilverSurfer"....

LightGeek

The main "rap" on these back in the day was indeed the date window, and the date pusher @ 8:00...But once one recovered, (or at least went into remission) from "repanalitis", it was a very nicely built watch with an almost bullet proof movement, for not much $$'s

IIRC, a guy named Marco, in Rome spent a lot of time trying to frankenize one with a non date pusher case, and an improved date window set up, but it was a very steep hill to climb...I think he used to go by the handle "SilverSurfer"....

Hmmm you're making me take another look at how things are now. I've love working PR dials :)

mysterio

Now that's name that I haven't come across in a while.