Sign in to follow this  
cvcman

Can someone explain to me .....selling replicas

cvcman

Is it or is it not legal to sell replica ie Rolex's or other watches ?? I dont think you can list them on ebay but possibly cragslist you can but guys list them here so it must be ok correct ?? I dont see anything explaining this so I am curious...

Thanks

gB.

Wow cvcman, you are really posting hard today to get to that 50 mark so you can repost your M2M sale.... :P Almost there, just 10 more to go! :Monkey:

And yes, it is illegal to sell reps in the US on ebay, craigslist, anywhere, etc... ;)

cvcman

yea sorta that and sorta boredom..... But my question is this, if its not legal how do people do it here with no problems ?

prestigewatchco

Who says they get no problems!!

AllergyDoc

Illegal to sell in the U.S. but not illegal to buy or own. Also illegal to import for the purpose of selling, which is why it's smart to order your watches in smaller numbers. Less of a risk.

At worst they'll confiscate and destroy. Usually they attach a tax bill to the package if they're in a crabby mood.

gB.
yea sorta that and sorta boredom..... But my question is this, if its not legal how do people do it here with no problems ?

the bay and craigslist will usually take down your listing if discovered through their auditing processes you're selling a rep of a brand name product, watches, purses, etc... :Monkey:

cvcman

so noone bothers anyone here ??

offshore

There have been moments...over the years!

TAGster

I´ve seen some eBay listings selling rep watches, obviously they do not mention that is a rep watch, but you know it when you see the price.

In fact, there is a recent thread where some mate linked an eBay listing where a Ferrari PAM rep is on sale. The seller says is an "original Ferrari watch", but it has a price of 113 usd (or so) and you can call is a rep because the boxset is not the original one.

The bad thing is when some smart ass sellers wants to sell a rep as gen one, I´ve seen couple of eBay listings doing that.