Sign in to follow this  
Duzza

My New Gen Tag Heuer Carrera Monaco GP Ltd Edition

Duzza

I love it. Looks like it wears bigger than the 43mm would suggest? You can actually push the chronograph pushers without fear of a disaster.....the good life!

Yes, I think the thin bezel gives a larger look on the wrist.

Duzza

Is it a gen strap or after market? I've found even the rep straps for TH are better than most of the aftermarket options.

Its after market, wasn't cheap though. Didnt want to shell out on the genuine strap only to find I preferred the rubber.

The rep straps are definitely a little thicker than this but that generally means they won't fit the gen deployant. I'll give it a few days on the leather but suspect I'll generally wear it on the rubber unless I wear it with a suit, when the leather may reappear.

rusty peters

I am a huge fan of that watch. I have become a rubber strap aficionado lately myself. Gen rubber is pretty nice and it doesn't smell like a trucker's hemorrhoid cushion!

mrtsumoto80

Beautiful watch, I'm not a Tag fan precisely but the carrera line is superb!

Duzza

People seem to either be big Tag fans or hate them. I'm similar to you though, I love the Carrera and the Monaco but you can keep the rest.

mrtsumoto80

People seem to either be big Tag fans or hate them. I'm similar to you though, I love the Carrera and the Monaco but you can keep the rest.

Lol seems we have same taste, the Monaco are amazing as well hate the rest...

Duzza

Still can't decide if I like the strap or not (or stop taking photos of it :giggle: )

IMAG0133_1_zpsqiv5s6ww.jpg

IMAG0135_zpsp6ropncz.jpg

Duzza

Strangest thing is the rubber strap has no markings on it at all. No tag logo on the back. Nothing.

Duzza

Still absolutely loving this watch. I was expecting to grow tired of it, not so at all.

gmchris

Liking that strap, red stitching to match the second hand looks good - I'm a fan of matching stitching and hands!

2013-05-21193757.jpg

geforce

Do these need a service every year like the breitlings e.c.t , very nice watch btw

bassem06

this is not for sale...

Duzza

Do these need a service every year like the breitlings e.c.t , very nice watch btw

Not to my knowledge no. Maybe I should read the instruction booklet :)

zufir

Liking that strap, red stitching to match the second hand looks good - I'm a fan of matching stitching and hands!

2013-05-21193757.jpg

wh-where'd you get that watch ?

Hornet

Never quite been a fan of Tags, but seeing this one has actually changed my mind; it is very, very lovely......

Duzza
Never quite been a fan of Tags, but seeing this one has actually changed my mind; it is very, very lovely......

Thanks. I'm still loving it.

Hornet

I'm seriously looking at reps of this now, just when I thought I'd stopped with reps for awhile.....

.....this is all your fault.

Duzza

I'm seriously looking at reps of this now, just when I thought I'd stopped with reps for awhile.....

I don't think there's an exact rep of this. There's the version from the year before with the black dial or if you're willing to stray slightly the new 1887 rep with the grey sunburst dial looks excellent. That's what I'd go for.

Hornet

I don't think there's an exact rep of this. There's the version from the year before with the black dial or if you're willing to stray slightly the new 1887 rep with the grey sunburst dial looks excellent. That's what I'd go for.

Stop, stop, stop....

....I've just pulled the trigger on a chopard Mille Miglia Ltd edition with the white face and am now wanting this as well! This was supposed to be my last rep this year!