Sign in to follow this  
loketje

Am I screwed ?

loketje

As some of you may have noticed, I have been waiting some time now for my first watch to arrive.

15 weeks or almost 4 months to be exact. I've now come to terms with the fact that I will never see this watch.

Since the watch was resent once already the following thought crossed my mind :

Could it be that customs has flagged my address in some way and if so, will I ever be able to receive a watch from the far east ?

In other words, am I screwed ?

cheers

Martin

GC

I hate to read a post like this... I truly hope this is not the case.

But a gut feeling is telling me that it might be just as you suggest... damn!

onzenuub

If and when customs would have seized your watch you would have received a notification. If customs already seized a watch from you your adress is flagged in the customs systems and if customs checks a cargo and your watch is in it it wil be seized again. Once it did take almost 3 months before I received a watch from China.

loketje

Well, I never received any notification from customs. So if they haven't seized them, where are they ?

onzenuub
Well, I never received any notification from customs. So if they haven't seized them, where are they ?

Where did it come from and how (EMS, USPS etc.)?

Baldrick

Martin, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but three things are likely to have happened.

1. If the watch was coming from China, then Dutch Customs are very tight on packets coming form that region, they could possibly have seized it.

2, If the watch was coming from Thailand, Thai Customs are now getting very tight on exported items, it could have been seized by them.

3. The possibility that it has been stolen by some oiky Post Office official.

If it's been sent twice and hasn't appeared, I would think Customs in one country or the other has seized the item

Sorry for your situation, I'm sure it will work out some way or another.

loketje

It was sent by Robert and I guess by registered airmail (the order said standard shipping)

loketje
Martin, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but three things are likely to have happened.

1. If the watch was coming from China, then Dutch Customs are very tight on packets coming form that region, they could possibly have seized it.

2, If the watch was coming from Thailand, Thai Customs are now getting very tight on exported items, it could have been seized by them.

3. The possibility that it has been stolen by some oiky Post Office official.

If it's been sent twice and hasn't appeared, I would think Customs in one country or the other has seized the item

Sorry for your situation, I'm sure it will work out some way or another.

Yeah, still, it's a form of relief knowing that in all probability my address hasn't been flagged.

onzenuub

It was sent by Robert and I guess by registered airmail (the order said standard shipping)

Once Joshua did send me a watch, registered airmail. and that dit take almost 3 months.

AustinTech

Airmail can take a looong time. I swear, they just put that shit in a corner somewhere until they feel like sending it.

Baldrick

Thai RAM can take quite a while, but I've never heard of 4 months, if it was as you say, sent by RAM, it's untraceable, there is no scope at the Post Office for investigation,I think I can say without fear of contradiction, it's been seized at the Thai end, it's most likely sitting on some Customs officer's wrist or a family member's, Dutch Customs haven't seen the item(s) !

In future, you should perhaps consider having items shipped thru' the UK, it's better to pay a little more than lose the lot, no money, no watch(es) !

loketje
Thai RAM can take quite a while, but I've never heard of 4 months, if it was as you say, sent by RAM, it's untraceable, there is no scope at the Post Office for investigation,I think I can say without fear of contradiction, it's been seized at the Thai end, it's most likely sitting on some Customs officer's wrist or a family member's, Dutch Customs haven't seen the item(s) !

In future, you should perhaps consider having items shipped thru' the UK, it's better to pay a little more than lose the lot, no money, no watch(es) !

yes, that's what I was thinking, as well.

So it's Narikaa or Precious Time, are there any others ?

Baldrick

I don't know of anyone else, I would prolly recommend Narikaa, I know that he ships regularly to The Netherlands, what was the item, stock may be reduced because he's going back to Thailand shortly I believe ?

greg_r

Narikaa is great. The other possibility is ToroBravo who is also EU based. He's not got a subforum here (he's currently based at RG), but he's a member. Might be worth dropping him a PM.

Member X

Baldrick, what makes you say that Thai customs are getting strict on exports?

loketje
I don't know of anyone else, I would prolly recommend Narikaa, I know that he ships regularly to The Netherlands, what was the item, stock may be reduced because he's going back to Thailand shortly I believe ?

I thought he'd just returned ? It was a Pam 111, I'll look in his photo gallery to see whether he still has one

onzenuub

I have bought several watches from Precious Time, allways fast and good.

loketje

I thought he'd just returned ? It was a Pam 111, I'll look in his photo gallery to see whether he still has one

Nope,. nothing there, Precious Time is reported as an attack site in Firefox but when I ignore that there is no website.

Baldrick
Baldrick, what makes you say that Thai customs are getting strict on exports?

Call it 'hunch' :D

greg_r

PT's website has been down for a while. Not sure what the story is there...

onzenuub

Nope,. nothing there, Precious Time is reported as an attack site in Firefox but when I ignore that there is no website.

http://ptswiss.com/ works for me. You have to send him a pm for the price.