Sign in to follow this  
lookshan

Seamaster PO what's your opinion?

Calcidose

It's not my favourite watch, not enough original.

Bluejuz

It's a class act IMO.

I will be getting myself a 42mm PO some time this year for sure.

Not sure if this is Noob or BP as it doesn't say on trustys site.

Some knowledgeable folk will be along any moment to help you out.

There are some really good reviews on this site (side-by-side) to help you make your decision.

AS90

I prefer the older ones.

DD_Ash

I prefer the older ones.

By 'older ones' do you mean the waffle face ones? Can't seem to see any on TD websites but would love a pointer if anyone knows of a nice rep to consider as i like these dials?

Be interested to hear what you end up getting lookshan :)

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by DD_Ash

rusty peters

I like it. It looks like it is the PB CrPO. Great bracelet with the screwed links. The bezel markings are famous for wearing off(fading). I have heard a rumor that the bezels don't fade as much as they did when the watch was introduced. Going with the orange bezel will make that a non-issue.

nofitstate

Big fan of the Noob Orange bezel 45mm. I think if my current order can't be sourced (been 2 weeks now) I may change it to one of these tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how the quality stacks up against my gen Seamaster.

lookshan
It's a class act IMO.

I will be getting myself a 42mm PO some time this year for sure.

Not sure if this is Noob or BP as it doesn't say on trustys site.

Some knowledgeable folk will be along any moment to help you out.

There are some really good reviews on this site (side-by-side) to help you make your decision.

I asked the dealer he said its from BP

& to my knowledge I don't think noob makes this watch yet.

ImNotFatImFluffy

Noob does make a CrPO as well as a LMPO, this is a CrPO and shouldn't say liquid metal technologies on the back, has adjusted dto fye, noob is way better as no problems that I've seen have been reported as far as I've seen, bezel should have anti fade fix (it has been reported that bezel on noob doesn't fade, though I feel the bezel on noob might look slightly less gen like), pearl on noob is better and engraving on bracelet seems more gen like, bracelet overall should be better but I wouldn't know as I've only had BP. With BP I disliked the pearl (was too far south) and hated the really easy bezel fading and ability to yank out the whole crown and stem assembly if not careful, I was skeptical of the HEV location and angle, but that appears to have been fixed. In short I would grade a BP CrPO as a 7 if no functional problems, and a NOOB CrPO as easily an 8.5 if bezel treatment lasts to make sure the detailing wont wear off.

lookshan
Noob does make a CrPO as well as a LMPO, this is a CrPO and shouldn't say liquid metal technologies on the back, has adjusted dto fye, noob is way better as no problems that I've seen have been reported as far as I've seen, bezel should have anti fade fix (it has been reported that bezel on noob doesn't fade, though I feel the bezel on noob might look slightly less gen like), pearl on noob is better and engraving on bracelet seems more gen like, bracelet overall should be better but I wouldn't know as I've only had BP. With BP I disliked the pearl (was too far south) and hated the really easy bezel fading and ability to yank out the whole crown and stem assembly if not careful, I was skeptical of the HEV location and angle, but that appears to have been fixed. In short I would grade a BP CrPO as a 7 if no functional problems, and a NOOB CrPO as easily an 8.5 if bezel treatment lasts to make sure the detailing wont wear off.

Lol I think I need special dictionary to decode your message hahah. I'm a noob myself

ImNotFatImFluffy

I know maybe I'm going too fast for new people but BP and NOOB are rep "factories" (for lack of a better word as they are technically not legal businesses and thus usually "fly by night" or so it goes) Cr = ceramic PO = Planet Ocean, LM = liquid metal, if still lost I'm not sure how much more I can simplify things

lookshan
I know maybe I'm going too fast for new people but BP and NOOB are rep "factories" (for lack of a better word as they are technically not legal businesses and thus usually "fly by night" or so it goes) Cr = ceramic PO = Planet Ocean, LM = liquid metal, if still lost I'm not sure how much more I can simplify things

Thank you thank you I'm back on the bandwagon. Lol :) much appreciated

jim993

I've ordered the 42mm from the same dealer, I chose the BP over the noob as I prefer the less shiny bezel, just hope the fading issue has been resolved. I'm sure a gen bezel insert is mega expensive so maybe fitting a noob one could be an option if it fails.

Enjoy your watch.

Jim

Bluejuz

I've just ordered the 42mm BP version (with Asian movement) from Andrew too.

He says there is no bezel fade problems any more but I'm not too sure. guess we shall see.

And to the OP. You must have received it by now?

How have you found it & where are the pics you promised us??? ;)

Edited by Bluejuz

Derek Mc

I just ordered one myself, after reading all the "BP vs Noob" posts here and on a few other sites, the BP (which this one is ;)) is still a truly epic re-creation. I adore the decorated movement over the Noob, and the bezel is much closer to the real CrPO the overall watch is superb. I also like the visible AR coating, (just a personal thing!)

There was a post on I believe this board that says the BP was created 1:1 the Noob was created from a BP replica. I went with the Asian movement instead of the swiss 2836 as it should be more reliable made from new parts, and can recommend Andrew 100% he is a fantastic guy.

I would share my QC pics with you but he prefers we do not do that, and as I want to buy from Andrew in the future I won't break his wishes.

ImNotFatImFluffy

The NOOB took much longer to make, and I haven't seen complaints about being able to completely take the crown and tube out, that and nicer pearl position means NOOB is better than BP in my books, and if there is a bezel paint fading fix, it would be implemented in the NOOB being they have the best LMPO rep out there, noob CrPO bezel wasn't even that shiny to begin with. I think you got some bad info Derek, I don't see how BP is even close to noob with the CrPO.

greg_r

I have the orange bezel BP version. No fading, no crown tube issues, just a superb watch. It feels as well built as my gen Longines (which is superb). It's my most frequently-worn rep and one of the best I own.

A colleague owns the gen and we've had them side by side - it's damned close...

Mark9117

Just picked up a previously owned PO LiquidMetal. I was surprised at how nice the piece actually was. Proceeded to resize the bracelet and went insane and half blind. Worse than Breitling, but worth it once I got all the little pieces back together.

It's a great watch. The 45mm is for people who run a little huge.

hauspro

i have a crpo 42mm from tt, have had it for a about a week an a half. It is a TANK. The rubber deployment band is imo much more comfortable than the actual PO bracelet, changed that thing out right away...

* forgot to mention i have seen 0 +\- time loss, yes i actually was so concerned that i tested it since it was so accurate, power reserve is close to 42 hrs

Edited by hauspro

ImNotFatImFluffy

I'm not saying the BP doesn't feel solid and like a quality piece, just saying the crown and stem issue, along with the fading (which was a black bezel problem, Orange is metal and so doesnt have the problem with paint fading) were real big negatives to me, and the pearl always seems off on bp as well, to me this is 3 points to NOOB that I don't think BP makes up for in any way. Just saying in all honesty, NOOB wins the CrPO wars.

snaaakeey

On the 4 big rep forums I have read one post saying they liked bp over noob. I have read 3 full on reviews on these. One was noob crpo vs gen ( with minor exceptions like the crease cut around the date window the noob is a dead ringer for the gen) IMHO the nood crpo is a super rep. The noob pumpkin orange is very close but I can still see a difference (still slightly metallic red in certain lights) and the lmPO is considered by many as the best out the box PO rep. From what I have read the noob trumps the bp in all the PO models. Playing devils advocate I would also say the differences are very small. Thats my opinion.

ImNotFatImFluffy

If not for BP having a worse pearl and the crown and tube issue, which I'm guessing is still around as I've heard about it on the PO GMT rep, which are BP, I'd be inclined to agree.

JSJ

I have a BP from Andrew, my first expensive rep last November. It's been fine, after an initial problem which was resolved. I really like the display caseback. It has the mis-spelling on the movement but you can't see it unless you take off the caseback. I don't wear it without the caseback very often :giggle: .

It is a real chunk of a watch, the heaviest I have. The bezel hasn't faded on mine. Crown and tube no problem. Fantastic lume and AR, pearl is centred.

This has reminded me I don't wear it enough and in fact I've just set the time on it and am wearing it now. No, it's not for sale.