Sign in to follow this  
Davek321

DO NOT BUY FROM WATCH-WAY

Davek321

I purchased a $500 Breitling Bentley that they claimed had a SWISS ETA movement which was a completely, the watch lasted 2 weeks and after trying to get it replaced for 3 months I finally gave up.. Lesson learned and money lost..

Do yourselves a favor and stay clear of this dealer www.watch-way.net

stevok2305

Bad luck there, in future just stick to the TD's here

conx

We will and do.

Thanks for the heads up. Always use our trusted dealers and these problems go away.

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, it has been said many times stay with the trusted dealers on the forum and you won't get scammed.

myaz

$500 is major money in the rep world to lose on a POS. Sorry about your loss but glad to have you aboard. You WILL like out TDs.

Aren

Sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome and thank you for posting.

Stick with Trusted Dealers here and you will be fine in the future.

Enjoy your time here. Welcome to the nuthouse.

:)

nev848

Sorry for your bad luck. That's why I joined a forum before I purchased my first watch. Always stick to the TD's and you will be fine.

gtwc

"Sorry about your loss" - sounds like a family member has just died.

This new member has just (1st or 2nd post) reported being ripped off by a scammer.

Not quite the same thing.

Interesting tho' how since being ripped off, he managed to find RWG and deign to warn

members about said scammer.

One does wonder why?

Nisv

Interesting tho' how since being ripped off, he managed to find RWG and deign to warn

One does wonder why?

What do you mean?

MikeAlmighty

"Sorry about your loss" - sounds like a family member has just died.

This new member has just (1st or 2nd post) reported being ripped off by a scammer.

Not quite the same thing.

One does wonder why?

Interesting point. I'd like to see pics of said POS

gtwc

Nisv - I'm just a suspicious old fucker.

I just wonder why someone would join RWG and immediately post about them being

ripped off by a scammer.

Sorry, it don't float my boat.

:death:

Nisv

ripped off by a scammer.

Aha, thanks.

Well I'm also a suspicious old fucker, so I question everything and everyone.

They're all after me, and I'm not paranoid either.

RussP

I believe the original suspicious old fucker was a man named Thomas........ :P

myaz

One does wonder why?

What do you mean?

It's always good to have your guard up.

If I paid $500 for a watch that lasted 2 weeks (and could get it here for low $300s), and spent 3 months in vain trying to make good on it, I'd be singing faint praise as far and as loud as I could, hoping it goes viral. What other ulterior motive(s) do you suspect?

Nisv

One does wonder why?

What do you mean?

It's always good to have your guard up.

If I paid $500 for a watch that lasted 2 weeks (and could get it here for low $300s), and spent 3 months in vain trying to make good on it, I'd be singing faint praise as far and as loud as I could, hoping it goes viral. What other ulterior motive(s) do you suspect?

Oh! what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to deceive!

Everything is a conspiracy.

Except perhaps for a few single malt whiskys, but that's it.

OmegaOverlord

that sucks i recommend trying to get it fixed or at least checking what the movement is considering it was 500

LRL

Hi everyone, I just joined after being also taken by watch-way for US$ 500 for a day tona

They promised that only an expert could see the difference, well I'm no expert and this one didn't make out of the box

The pins for the bracelet came apart and as i was checking the time, the bracelet came off the watch frame

Really bad watch, with the winner engraved on the back

Still trying to resolve this , I will let you know what happens

gbx

Maybe the payback is in the internet search engine after caching this thread.

mysterio

I wonder why so many join the forums after buying from a scam site, not before. Is there some sort of rite of passage that I didn't read about? :lol:

Seriously, stick to trusted dealers. A lot of work has gone into vetting dealers who will work with you to get the watch that you want and in the rare case of issues, work with you to get it resolved. Let's make use of that hard work and enjoy the hobby. ;)

Edited by mysterio

LRL

As a new member, I am still asking myself why didn't I do a better internet search before buying from watch-way.

I did ask all of the right questions and they provided the right answers, so I clicked add to cart and paid, and waited for a bad replica

Only after multiple search on the internet did I find this site

Now I have a higher learning and a lower bank account :angry:

gbx

I guess knowing what I paid on canal street for a watch, I don't think I could buy one at those prices on a wing and a prayer.

Before I found this site a couple weeks ago... I did get caught up in the fake watch reviews (watches by james or something) who wouldn't give out referrals in the comments and ended up giving out a few hints to paradisiac or something... I can see how it can happen if you want a replica pretty bad. I just couldn't pay 25 bucks for a replica on canal street and then 500 on the web for same quality.

Laparra

500! Wow its a lot!!! But leasson learned, keep going and good luck next time :)

Kernow

I think the problem is people seeing a well put together website and assuming that they'll get what they've paid for. Only when a piece of crap arrives do they question it and look a little deeper, hence a lots of noobs finding RWG. Anyway, once here they'll have plenty of advice!

Nikola Tesla

ripped off by a scammer.

Many go along completely oblivious to the existence of forums such as this until they're ripped off and dig deeper into the world of reps. The same exact thing happened to me. I had made several successful purchases from Asian online vendors before I was scammed by one.

I discovered this forum quite by accident while doing the research I should have done before purchasing from the vendor who screwed me. My bad, but life is a learning experience that doesn't come with an instruction manual. I imagine this scenario plays out fairly often.

I'll now buy only from RWG's TD's, but I had to make that first mistake and stumble onto this forum after the fact.

Cheers,

T-

Edited by Nikola Tesla