Sign in to follow this  
Cheapskate

Whats the closest rep to the original from trusted dealers??

Mystery Shopper

I don't think he was a sock- I did some checking behind the scenes.

Probably a 20 year old kid who thought it was a good idea until he read the first few responses.

Dr. Jimmy

I am buying my dad a 50th bday pres he deserves it but he has a keen eye and will not wear if he knows it a rep.

I need a 1:1 Tag with box and certificate

Is it even possible to get this with the Swiss movement?

Any suggestions??

Nice first post. You asked for suggestions, here's mine: Pull your head out of your ass and think this through. Then go buy your Dad a proper gift.

dave1978

Go to silix economy section he has 1:1 tags that will fool any ad

trailboss99

Dear OP:

132416338085.jpg

NMA

get him a 18k gold tissot, they are not expensive.

if you are looking one for yourself I suggest this:

http://www.p-cls.com...bph-p-3571.html

ReplicaFromDownunder

Buy him a citizen Eco Drive - great watch for the price.

DG335

Geez, if any of my sons even bought me a feckin replica I d kiss them, whether they were duping me or not. Funny how all the replica fanatics suddenly become all moralistic at the thought of a replica.?

elp

Geez, if any of my sons even bought me a feckin replica I d kiss them, whether they were duping me or not. Funny how all the replica fanatics suddenly become all moralistic at the thought of a replica.?

Nope - it's the context ... OP said:

I am buying my dad a 50th bday pres he deserves it but he has a keen eye and will not wear if he knows it a rep.

If he knows his dad wouldn't appreciate a rep, then OP should buy a cheaper gen or think of something else. IMHO.

That said, my daughter did get me a gen ... handmade:

WP_20131020_017_zps326aaeae.jpg

Baldrick

You need to go back to school and learn the basics ( or demand the return of your school fees)......

.......it's not about the morality ...........in simple terms for you....... READ WHAT HE WROTE....

but he has a keen eye and will not wear if he knows it a rep.

Kcore

There are 4 men in a bar talking about how well their sons are doing with their lives. But one man goes to the toilet.

So the first man says....'my son is doing really well he is the head of a airline company and for christmas he got his bestfriend a plane.'

The second man says'....my son is doing really well he has his own car dealership and for christmas he got his best friend a brand new car.'

The third man says'....Well my son is doing really well, He owns his own housing estate business and for Christmas he bought his best friend a 250'000 sq foot mansion.

The fourth man comes out of the toilet and all the three men say.... ' We are talking about how well our sons are doing in their lives so what about yours.'

The fourth man says'...well my son is gay but its not that bad because for Christmas his three boyfriends got him a new plane, a new car and a 250'000 sq foot mansion.'

OMG, this is hysterical - great stuff!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My dad's 86 & I love him - With that said, IMO, the OP doesn't even deserve an answer to such a question.

Baldrick

Snap.......posting at the same time ;)

elp

I know ... we have to get a life! :B):

stevok2305

If he knows his dad wouldn't appreciate a rep, then OP should buy a cheaper gen or think of something else. IMHO.

lume shot please :rofl:

elp

Sure!

black-square.jpg

stevok2305
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Edited by stevok2305

Baldrick

I know ... we have to get a life! :B):

Money sent ;)

jayefc95

Did you even read the OP? Yeah.. Thought so.

Anyways, if your dad doesn't like reps, why buy him one?

I'm sure he will appreciate a decent gen more, even if its not a high end one.

RichardMiami

I have three sons.

I have what might be called a "keen eye" for watches (at least when I clean my glasses)

If any of my sons bought me a replica watch for a present (and they have) I would be appreciative and enjoy it.

If any of my sons bought me a luxury gen (they don't dare) I would be furious and make them take it back and spend the money on their children.

Having said that.. NONE of them would lie to me about either. Why on earth would a son lie to his father? About a gift of all things????

What does that say about the relationship? Nothing good at all I'm afraid.

Nahhhhhhhhh... this is either what the Brits call a "wind up", or a VERY naive youngster who needs to work on family relationships a bit. Kind of sad either way.

markeym3

This guy got a lot of response ,,, seems like a trol to me ,,, ...we seem to see a lot of new guys first

Post with a stupid question \statement

Nick312

This guy got a lot of response ,,, seems like a trol to me ,,, ...we seem to see a lot of new guys first

Stupid is as stupid does... :itchyandscratchy:

elp
I have three sons. I have what might be called a "keen eye" for watches (at least when I clean my glasses) If any of my sons bought me a replica watch for a present (and they have) I would be appreciative and enjoy it. If any of my sons bought me a luxury gen (they don't dare) I would be furious and make them take it back and spend the money on their children. Having said that.. NONE of them would lie to me about either. Why on earth would a son lie to his father? About a gift of all things???? What does that say about the relationship? Nothing good at all I'm afraid. Nahhhhhhhhh... this is either what the Brits call a "wind up", or a VERY naive youngster who needs to work on family relationships a bit. Kind of sad either way.

I think the latter unfortunately. My kids are still young, that said you nailed it as to what my reaction would be as well under the same circumstances.

markeym3

I didn't mean all the new guys ,, we were all new here at one point , just seems that some people join and there first post is crazy ,,

mysterio

I didn't mean all the new guys ,, we were all new here at one point , just seems that some people join and there first post is crazy ,,

You might just have seen beerope and his 101 questions. :lol:

Steve AKA Creamedcage

I think you should have double checked the QC pics - the 9 is missing :giggle: