Sign in to follow this  
Cheapskate

Whats the closest rep to the original from trusted dealers??

Tits McGee

His father must wonder where he went wrong.

1littlegreen

I am buying my dad a 50th bday pres he deserves it...

Deserves a replica watch?

Exactly.....he deserves a lie?

Show some respect as any good son would do. Pull out the wallet and get a gen as others have stated. If my child tried this I would consider myself a failure as a parent...I guess that is what you are telling him with this charade....

Del

I don't think it's smart making your email your screen name...

Looks like he fixed it.......:Whistle:

Tits McGee

Looks like he fixed it....... :Whistle:

It's not going to help. :lol:

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Looks like he has a sense of humour :giggle:

dec132

I saw a nice Tag at Sams club recently. Don't try to b.s. though- my 2 cents

Aren

ok...let me say it this way...

Imagine this...

Dad is given a watch he believes is genuine...he shows all of his friends...he is incredibly proud of his watch and even more proud of his son.

He shows his watch proudly to anyone and everyone who will look at it, tells them it's genuine and a gift from his son. He is so happy.

Dad is really happy to have a fine watch and even more proud to wear it because it came from his loving son.

One day, Dad shows the watch to someone who says, that's a fake watch. Dad is indignant.

Dad argues and says it's a gift from his son who loves him and would never deceive him.

Dad, wanting to defend his own honour and the honour of his son says he will settle the matter and go to the Authorized dealer with this idiot and prove it.

After all, Dad has the watch the papers and the box, and more importantly...he has his son's word on the line. The son's word he believed and relied on. Your word !

Dad goes with the other man to the Authorized Dealer. The AD confiscates Dad's watch and tells Dad it's a rep. The AD refuses to give Dad the watch, all the while the other guy is laughing his ass off at your Dad.

Dad fights in disbelief, unwilling to believe the AD. Dad goes home to confront you and tells you he is going to file charges against the AD. That he has never been so insulted in his life.

In the moment you are forced to be honest, you reveal yourself as a fraud.

Dad now feels more shame than he has ever felt in his life. He can't face his friends. He is completely humiliated. Others who once envied him are now laughing at him. What a schmuck Dad is. They all talk about him behind his back.

Dad is depressed from this mockery and is too embarrassed to even speak to anyone...even you. He feels personal disgrace. He has been betrayed by someone he loves more than his own life.

You have broken his heart in the most public and shameful way and Dad is now destroyed by someone he loves ...

because of a lie.

You can't bear to see your Dad crushed and gutted...now even a gen watch will not help and nothing can repair the damage done to your relationship with your Dad. Nothing can be the same with Dad and his friends even if they are nice to his face they may privately shun him.

Relationships are built on trust. Sometimes love's just not enough.

The damage will already be done. The truth always comes out. It is only a matter of time.

What will you do then???

:(

Think about it.

Frankt8242

having lost my dad many years ago, I can say without reservation, If I could, I'd buy him a genuine Patek minute repeater Tourbillion....

Realism

It's not going to help. :lol:

LOL

stevok2305
having lost my dad many years ago, I can say without reservation, If I could, I'd buy him a genuine Patek minute repeater Tourbillion....

Same here. Even if I had to sell a kidney to do it.

Robin195959
ok...let me say it this way...

Imagine this...

Dad is given a watch he believes is genuine...he shows all of his friends...he is incredibly proud of his watch and even more proud of his son.

He shows his watch proudly to anyone and everyone who will look at it, tells them it's genuine and a gift from his son. He is so happy.

Dad is really happy to have a fine watch and even more proud to wear it because it came from his loving son.

One day, Dad shows the watch to someone who says, that's a fake watch. Dad is indignant.

Dad argues and says it's a gift from his son who loves him and would never deceive him.

Dad, wanting to defend his own honour and the honour of his son says he will settle the matter and go to the Authorized dealer with this idiot and prove it.

After all, Dad has the watch the papers and the box, and more importantly...he has his son's word on the line. The son's word he believed and relied on. Your word !

Dad goes with the other man to the Authorized Dealer. The AD confiscates Dad's watch and tells Dad it's a rep. The AD refuses to give Dad the watch, all the while the other guy is laughing his ass off at your Dad.

Dad fights in disbelief, unwilling to believe the AD. Dad goes home to confront you and tells you he is going to file charges against the AD. That he has never been so insulted in his life.

In the moment you are forced to be honest, you reveal yourself as a fraud.

Dad now feels more shame than he has ever felt in his life. He can't face his friends. He is completely humiliated. Others who once envied him are now laughing at him. What a schmuck Dad is. They all talk about him behind his back.

Dad is depressed from this mockery and is too embarrassed to even speak to anyone...even you. He feels personal disgrace. He has been betrayed by someone he loves more than his own life.

You have broken his heart in the most public and shameful way and Dad is now destroyed by someone he loves ...

because of a lie.

You can't bear to see your Dad crushed and gutted...now even a gen watch will not help and nothing can repair the damage done to your relationship with your Dad. Nothing can be the same with Dad and his friends even if they are nice to his face they may privately shun him.

Relationships are built on trust. Sometimes love's just not enough.

The damage will already be done. The truth always comes out. It is only a matter of time.

What will you do then???

:(

Think about it.

Wise words as usual Aren.

mysterio

Same here. Even if I had to sell a kidney to do it.

Now a Dad would also not want his son to sell a kidney to buy him a watch. ;) He would appreciate anything that came from genuine feelings. To the OP, I would think your Dad would deserve a Gen, if you can get it at an installment for 3 to 6 months so you can afford it then by all means do it. We love reps here, but we love our parents more. ;)

thehardnochlife

What kind of son are you? If you feel like buying him a Tag, buy him a gen... or don't buy him a watch at all. As others mentioned, your dad deserves something better than a rep. IT'S HIS 50th BIRTHDAY. Trust is a hard thing to get back. I speak from experience.

Aren

yeh...a thousand words when six will do...

For God's Dad's sake - Don't do it!

This is one of those times you can make a mistake you regret for the rest of your life.

Don't make a fool out of your father.

Look here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tag+heuer+aquaracer&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtag+heuer+professional&_nkw=tag+heuer+professional&_sacat=0

Doomsday

That was a long writings Aren!!

Totally agreed with you

Hope the OP will come back and tell he will do it differently.

Watchlover1996

i say buy him a patek skymoon and give it to him and tell him its the gen. lmao

myaz

Compelling story from Aren……and hopefully not prophetic.

The gig would indeed be up the moment dad goes to the AD for a battery change if quartz or for periodic service if mechanical. Not a good time to be the son.

rolexer77

Yes totally agree with the rest... Get him a Gen... He deserves it...

Unless your only 15 years old then we will understand...

James.

Ahahhahahaha @ the fact OP can make one,single post,and this thread goes on for 3 pages. Classic RWG.

If,you're after a good,Gen, I have a ltd edition Seiko for sale :Whistle:

Sam Circus

Show some respect to your dad man, buy him a gen, doesn't matter even if it is a Seiko or Citizen.

Baldrick

Imagine this...

There are 4 men in a bar talking about how well their sons are doing with their lives. But one man goes to the toilet.

So the first man says....'my son is doing really well he is the head of a airline company and for christmas he got his bestfriend a plane.'

The second man says'....my son is doing really well he has his own car dealership and for christmas he got his best friend a brand new car.'

The third man says'....Well my son is doing really well, He owns his own housing estate business and for Christmas he bought his best friend a 250'000 sq foot mansion.

The fourth man comes out of the toilet and all the three men say.... ' We are talking about how well our sons are doing in their lives so what about yours.'

The fourth man says'...well my son is gay but its not that bad because for Christmas his three boyfriends got him a new plane, a new car and a 250'000 sq foot mansion.'

Mystery Shopper

:giggle:

Nice choice of name Del.

The OP was gone within the hour & hasn't been back- it may have been a wind up?

Kleen™

- or a puck soppet?

elp

I'd say legit but he may have been scared off by the strength of feeling on this topic, especially in a rep forum !

RussP

Yeah.........great advice from fellow RWG enthusiasts.

James's suggestion is possibly the best............but we don't know your budget.

If you do end up getting Dad a decent rep, at least let him know (as discreetly as possible) that it is not a genuine Heuer.

Russ.